• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nier Replicant remaster

Square Enix have officially revealed 'Nier Replicant ver 1.22474487139...', a remaster of the Japanese original (rather than the Western original known as Gestalt), which links into the events of Nier Automata.

This remaster will include new and re-recorded music by Keiichi Okabe, re-recorded voice acting, a new character and a new ending.

This news comes as part of Nier's 10th anniversary celebration.

The release date is still TBC and it seems as if PlatinumGames are not involved, seemingly Square have decided to produce Replicant and give development duties to 'Toylogic' (however Platinum's Takahisa Taura is involved in some capacity).

Toylogic have helped in the past with titles such as Super Smash Bros Brawl, Kid Icarus Uprising and Dragon Quest XI.

Yoko Taro is also on board as the game's director, of course.

Are you excited about this news?

Last edited:

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Very, very excited. I can’t wait. Nier is already one of my favorite video game series only because Automata is in my top 10, and I can’t wait to find out what I think about Replicant.

Apparently replicant is the better one between it and Gestalt so that’s cool as well.

Ready for more Taro weirdness in my life. Inject it into my veins, already!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Very, very excited. I can’t wait. Nier is already one of my favorite video game series only because Automata is in my top 10, and I can’t wait to find out what I think about Replicant.

Apparently replicant is the better one between it and Gestalt so that’s cool as well.

Ready for more Taro weirdness in my life. Inject it into my veins, already!

I'm unfamiliar with the game, but isn't the big difference just the design of the protagonist? I know the western version is a less anime protagonist, while the Japanese version is more stereotypically anime.

I'm unfamiliar with the game, but isn't the big difference just the design of the protagonist? I know the western version is a less anime protagonist, while the Japanese version is more stereotypically anime.

There are story differences too.

Nothing hugely major that make the games too different to actually play, but the Replicant version is the one that links canonically to Nier Automata.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom