• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nier 'Ought to matter'

Automata was designed so that no prior knowledge for either the original Nier game or the Drakengard series was necessary in order to enjoy it.

Playing the Drakengard series and the original Nier will enhance Automata with subtle (and not so subtle references) but won't really do anything else for you.

Has your experience with Automata inspired you to go back and play the original Nier (Gestalt or RepliCant) and the Drakengard series?

As Zelda fans do you now want to know more about the lore Taro has built?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I haven't gone back and played older games. I haven't heard anyone recommend them to me though I have looked up some of the lore on the Wiki.

I haven't gone back and played older games. I haven't heard anyone recommend them to me though I have looked up some of the lore on the Wiki.

The Drakengard games have terrible framerate issues and the original Nier can feel clunky as all hell. Playing them makes it obvious why Taro was never able to hit his stride until Automata with Platinum handling the gameplay.

One would hope any rereleases or remakes would fix a lot of the problems.

Its Square Enix though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom