• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Nier: Automata Discussion Thread

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Oh wow what a disadvantage youre at.

I cannot imagine the hell that would be playing this on a PC with no real controller. Even on a ps4 controller all the buttons are used all the time; youve got locking on, firing, dodging, special pod attacks, light and heavy attacks, jumping, moving, rotating the camera, selecting and activating buffs and heals all at the same time. If you've not played a game like Bayonetta recently or ever either then i dont envy you at all with the way you're playing Automata. Get a controller.

Also even on easy i died a couple of times while i was still getting used to things (and i can get platinum trophies on the hardest settings of Bayonetta) so drop the difficulty down. Even on easy things can get hellish.

As for story, if you're liking it now then i can tell you it only gets better and better. The first two playthroughs tell the same story from different perspectives so the second time through may make you feel a little sense of repetition but there are new sidequests and collectibles and enough different to get you through.

The third and fourth plays though. My. God. They are incredible so if youre enjoying it now you'll be a complete fanboi by the end.

I hope you stick with it. Get a controller, knock the difficulty down and try and get the commands down because Automata is worth the experience.

Oh, I am using a controller. I probably didn't make that clear. I'm actually using an Xbox 360 controller to play this on PC. I wasn't playing this with a keyboard and mouse. I meant I heeded the warning. I'm just having trouble with it because I've never played a game like it before, honestly. I thought about getting Bayonetta, but I never actually did.

I think I'll just have to keep at it. I've only attempted to start the game once, and I almost made it. I think I'll probably nail the intro the second or third time, if those two chainsaw things are the end of the "no saving" portion.

Oh, I am using a controller. I probably didn't make that clear. I'm actually using an Xbox 360 controller to play this on PC. I wasn't playing this with a keyboard and mouse. I meant I heeded the warning. I'm just having trouble with it because I've never played a game like it before, honestly. I thought about getting Bayonetta, but I never actually did.

I think I'll just have to keep at it. I've only attempted to start the game once, and I almost made it. I think I'll probably nail the intro the second or third time, if those two chainsaw things are the end of the "no saving" portion.

Ooohh, sorry my bad. Its early.

Yeah keep at it. There's a little more to go after the chainsaws but not too much.

Keep the pod fire button held down when youre locked on to do constant damage and use a special move after every cool down, spam dodge as well it gives you extra speed in combat and you can dodge cancel out of some attacks too, plus it doesnt interrupt your pod, dont just wait to be attacked, use it like an attack itself.

Bayonetta is easier IMO so if Automata is still killing you even on easy i'd recommend Bayonetta to get used to Automata's battle concepts and Platinum's way of doing things.

Fingers crossed that you can get through it. With a story as good as Automata there's no shame in putting it on easy just to experience it.

Last edited:
An Automata tidbit here.

Before Taro worked on Automata he was working on a project called Nier: Gestalt/Replicant.

Its not clear if this was an Automata prototype or something different in the Nier universe but the terms Gestalt and Replicant are used in Devola and Popola's story. Perhaps Taro was working on a game featuring them as playable?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
An Automata tidbit here.

Before Taro worked on Automata he was working on a project called Nier: Gestalt/Replicant.

Its not clear if this was an Automata prototype or something different in the Nier universe but the terms Gestalt and Replicant are used in Devola and Popola's story. Perhaps Taro was working on a game featuring them as playable?

That's definitely possible, given the fact that those two seemed to have a bigger backstory than we were told.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
No doubt but i wonder if Taro will still be in charge if he really is serious about not wanting to do a sequel. Square may give it to someone else to do. In which case i'll be rather worried.

IT NEEDS TO REMAIN IN THE HANDS IN TARO

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I haven't played it, not my cup of coffee, but after watching a few videos and comparing some notes with my chat group, the story is really good although a bit lacking at some points. The story gets a solid 7.9 from me. (For reference FFXIII got a 8 out of 10).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom