• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Nier: Automata Discussion Thread

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Because Pods be craaaaaaaaazeh.

And i guess they are bound to the missions the androids have to still get stuff sorted out?

Hmmm that makes sense, yeah. Maybe the pods will try and prevent the outcome of what happened before, so 9S won't go crazy and become a bloodthirsty robot murderer.

I wanna gice props to the side content in this game too. I usually do sidequests etc after the story so that the game lasts me longer. Nier doesnt really want me doing that so i've been going through the side content during ny second full playthrough and its like a new game!

I didnt realise the side content was so meaty. Ive heard some of my new favourite banter during sidequests and they really help flesh out some of the characters and world, which is what good side content should do. Well done Mr. Taro

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I wanna gice props to the side content in this game too. I usually do sidequests etc after the story so that the game lasts me longer. Nier doesnt really want me doing that so i've been going through the side content during ny second full playthrough and its like a new game!

I didnt realise the side content was so meaty. Ive heard some of my new favourite banter during sidequests and they really help flesh out some of the characters and world, which is what good side content should do. Well done Mr. Taro

Speaking of side quests, I saw one mentioned in an article but idk how to do it. It had to do with the robots doing Romeo and Juliet. XD Did you find that one by any chance?

Also did you do your first playthrough in English or Japanese? I did mine in Japanese but I plan on doing my second playthrough in English. (I love both though)

I did mine in english, not because i dont like Japanese but english was default and i didnt realise you could change it.

The english acting is really good. Crazy 9S steals the show.
I saw the english voice actors doing a lets play of Automata, 2B's VA came in cosplay and the guy who played 9S had a casual concersation with Yoko Taro.

The Romeo and Juliet part (which is more depressing than the real play) is part of the ten stamps sidequest. You speak to a robot at the gate entrance and you get one of the ten stamps for watching the play. It happens when you walk into the place you fought the singing boss.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I did mine in english, not because i dont like Japanese but english was default and i didnt realise you could change it.

The english acting is really good. Crazy 9S steals the show.

I saw the english voice actors doing a lets play of Automata, 2B's VA came in cosplay and the guy who played 9S had a casual concersation with Yoko Taro.

The Romeo and Juliet part (which is more depressing than the real play) is part of the ten stamps sidequest. You speak to a robot at the gate entrance and you get one of the ten stamps for watching the play. It happens when you walk into the place you fought the singing boss.

I'm considering cosplaying as 9S. Is that weird considering I sort of crush on him? :P

A2's clothing is a BIT too revealing for me. :P

Shame :p

Also check out what someone did in Street Fighter V

maxresdefault.jpg

You can watch the fight on youtube :)

Its just Cammy V Cammy but its a pretty well done mod :)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I finally got this game. I found out there was a fan-made fix for the PC version that makes it more or less playable on my GTX 670 (the 760 Ti is actually a rebranded version of this one). If I'd known it was out there, I would have gotten the game during the Steam sale. I was thinking I'd need a new graphics card to play this one, turns out it's okay on this one. I could probably still use a new one, but it seems not to be essential.

My impression so far is that the story is great, and the game gives you a clear idea what to do. My biggest problem with it so far is the save system. I just started out in the game, and the game just kept refusing to let me save. I kept getting past long segments hoping that would change, but it didn't. It was greyed out the whole time. Eventually, as I predicted... the game put me right in front of these two chainsaw things that killed me, right when I was almost out of those auto-healing items. Now I have to start the whole game over again because I couldn't get past the introduction sequence without getting killed long enough to reach a save point.

The other problem is basically that I suck at the controls... I was warned to plugin a controller beforehand, and it works fine. But I've never played a game like this before, and I'm not adapting very well to the controls at all. I can't avoid damage or predict enemy movements well enough, and I can't aim those bullets well because they come from off-center.

In other words, I'm debating with myself whether I should set the game's difficulty to easy. Honestly, it's kind of embarrassing how bad I am at games other than Nintendo games when they require any sort of responsiveness on my part (anything other than a turn-based JRPG, basically). And I have a feeling this isn't even a hard game, so much as I just haven't played enough modern non-Nintendo games to have a feel for how to play this one.

In a way, it's like the opposite of BoTW. In that game, the combat mechanics were the only things I understood, and I was able to beat Ganon no problem. While the structure, story, and other mechanics were foreign. In this game, I like everything else about it, but I can't figure out the combat/controls to save my life. I'm just plain not good at it.

Last edited:

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Well, I finally got this game. I found out there was a fan-made fix for the PC version that makes it more or less playable on my GTX 670 (the 760 Ti is actually a rebranded version of this one). If I'd known it was out there, I would have gotten the game during the Steam sale. I was thinking I'd need a new graphics card to play this one, turns out it's okay on this one. I could probably still use a new one, but it seems not to be essential.

My impression so far is that the story is great, and the game gives you a clear idea what to do. My biggest problem with it so far is the save system. I just started out in the game, and the game just kept refusing to let me save. I kept getting past long segments hoping that would change, but it didn't. It was greyed out the whole time. Eventually, as I predicted... the game put me right in front of these two chainsaw things that killed me, right when I was almost out of those auto-healing items. Now I have to start the whole game over again because I couldn't get past the introduction sequence without getting killed long enough to reach a save point.

The other problem is basically that I suck at the controls... I was warned to plugin a controller beforehand, and it works fine. But I've never played a game like this before, and I'm not adapting very well to the controls at all. I can't avoid damage or predict enemy movements well enough, and I can't aim those bullets well because they come from off-center.

In other words, I'm debating with myself whether I should set the game's difficulty to easy. Honestly, it's kind of embarrassing how bad I am at games other than Nintendo games when they require any sort of responsiveness on my part (anything other than a turn-based JRPG, basically). And I have a feeling this isn't even a hard game, so much as I just haven't played enough modern non-Nintendo games to have a feel for how to play this one.

In a way, it's like the opposite of BoTW. In that game, the combat mechanics were the only things I understood, and I was able to beat Ganon no problem. While the structure, story, and other mechanics were foreign. In this game, I like everything else about it, but I can't figure out the combat/controls to save my life. I'm just plain not good at it.

There's definitely nothing wrong with playing a game on easy. I know the hardcore gamer would probably call me a n00b for saying that, but it's really okay, especially if you're not used to the controls or you just want to enjoy the story. I recommend playing it on easy, because if it's like the PS4 version, it will give you access to chips that allow youto do things a lot easier (like auto-shooting).

Oh wow what a disadvantage youre at.

I cannot imagine the hell that would be playing this on a PC with no real controller. Even on a ps4 controller all the buttons are used all the time; youve got locking on, firing, dodging, special pod attacks, light and heavy attacks, jumping, moving, rotating the camera, selecting and activating buffs and heals all at the same time. If you've not played a game like Bayonetta recently or ever either then i dont envy you at all with the way you're playing Automata. Get a controller.

Also even on easy i died a couple of times while i was still getting used to things (and i can get platinum trophies on the hardest settings of Bayonetta) so drop the difficulty down. Even on easy things can get hellish.

As for story, if you're liking it now then i can tell you it only gets better and better. The first two playthroughs tell the same story from different perspectives so the second time through may make you feel a little sense of repetition but there are new sidequests and collectibles and enough different to get you through.

The third and fourth plays though. My. God. They are incredible so if youre enjoying it now you'll be a complete fanboi by the end.

I hope you stick with it. Get a controller, knock the difficulty down and try and get the commands down because Automata is worth the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom