• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nidoking Vs. Nidoqueen

Nidoking or Nidoqueen?

• Nidoking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nidoqueen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Both Nidoking and Nidoqueen share similar types, species, and abilities. The only differences are somewhat different appearances, slightly different movesets and different base stats, with Nidoking being more on the aggressive side (higher Atk, SpAtk, and Speed) and Nidoqueen on the more defensive side (higher Def, Sp.Def, and HP).

Also, Nidoran is the only Pokemon that I know of that has the gender split visible in its physiology and its name.

So, which of the Nidorans do you prefer, Nidoking or Nidoqueen? Why do you like that one over the other?

I know not everybody would use a Poison/Ground type, but if you had to choose one, which one would you choose?

I would say Nidoqueen myself. It has better Defense stats, and I know how to modify the stats to balance them out. Typically, though, I would use this Pokemon as a more Tank-ish team member.

Also, Nidoqueen has more Dark type moves from its previous evolutions, and moves like Sucker Punch could be used to my advantage (I like Sucker Punch)

So, if I had to choose, I would choose Nidoqueen. What about you guys?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I always prefered Nidoking to Nidoqueen back int he day because King simply looked more awesome. Nowadays, I subscribe to the same notion; I prefer King to Queen just because of the former's appearance. Statswise, I don't know much; I don't play professional Pokemon.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Nidoqueen because girl power.

Also, I just like her better. They're already strong, and I prefer to have the extra defense and health than the extra attack that Nidoking has.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Nidoking hands down in my book...I especially like how Shiny ones are that blue colour
rp_pkmn_sprite_shiny_nidoking_by_cheshire_dragon-d4syx6f.gif

I typically prefer offensive Moves and Stats, therefore I choose Nidoking. Though, I wouldn't write off Nidoqueen in a scenario where higher defense Stats is a necessity, so I guess it depends on the situation.

Since I have always used it when available on my team and it's the first pokemon I ever raised to lvl 100, I would have to say Nidoking. Plus it is hilarious to watch people's faces in horror in the old games as Nidoking uses surf.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I like Nidoking, mostly for it's high attack stats and ok defense. It could hit hard and last pretty long too. I developed a healthy respect for them after they OHKOed my Lucario. And Zoroark.

While Nidoqueen has more HP, Nidoking is the superior design and learns better moves. Poison Jab and Megahorn are two very powerful attacks which Nidoran female and its evolutions do not learn. I've never been big on defense either. Nidoking caters better to my interests.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Nidoking all the way!
I use to play competitively and there are much better defensive pokemon to use than NidoQueen. I prefer Nidoking because of all the good moves that he is able to learn and it's higher attack, speed, and special attack.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I generally Tank when it comes to Pokemon, but I still choose Nidoking. I know how to raise it so that it's defense is respectable. When you compare the movesets, and appearance, Nidoking is the definite winner of the two.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
The ole Nido's PKMN, i remember back in the RBY days when as a trainer I would always get both these stellar PKMN on my team and with them being able to learn so many great typing moves allowing me to destroy the great elite 4 of our time.

On to the topic though I always went with King back when I knew nothing of stats just because he looked so much more mighter and just screamed of power! Atlast though with age comes smarts and if I had to choose nowada. I would choose the Queen no doubt.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Nidoqueen doesn't even stand a chance against Nidoking, so my answer would clearly be Nidoking. If you want to win battles, use Nidoking to your advantage. He's, without a doubt, a fantastic Pokémon to have on your team.

L

Lady Asylum

I would have to say Nidoking, even though I've never actually used it. My brother owned me with his Nidoking way back when RBY came out. I never really cared for Nidoqueen's design, though. o.e

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom