• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Nicktheslayer's Sketches

BLARRRGH IM SLIMEY
Sketch_0001.jpg

Octoroks!!
Sketch_0002.jpg

WTF Chicken Man
Sketch_0003.jpg

Another Tektite!
Sketch_0004.jpg

Keys, Keys, Keys and a Map!
Sketch_0005.jpg

Ill resive/crop them later! These are older ones, lol.

Five more:

I wasnt working so hard on the dragon, i was working on a Wind Waker inspired fire/smoke combination:

Sketch_0010.jpg

ANOTEHR DRAOGN
Sketch_0009.jpg

Some Darklink/Poe hybrid?
Sketch_0008.jpg

Cartoonified Dead Hand, other hands not included:
Sketch_0007.jpg

Cartoony Baby Gohma as well:
Sketch_0006.jpg

A would be Mothula:
Sketch_0014.jpg

Swords a drew one time:
Sketch_0012.jpg

Skeleton:
Sketch_0013.jpg

I totally blame hitler for everything that is wrong with our economy. He shot it.
Sketch_0011.jpg

D-D-D-DOUBLE POST!

I am now taking requests for anything Nintendo Related! So Anything from Toon Link slicing an Octorok, to Mario Tail-Whacking Pikachu, ill try to sketch it!

Be as specific as possible as to what the picture should be of. If you want to know my specialty, i love making new kirbys! (Such as the Kirby Luma)

(For a present, i gave my girlfriend a picture of a Midna Kirby. She loves Midna! I also gave her one of Midna Kirby shooting Ilia Kirby in the face. (She cant stand LinkxZelda or LinkxIlia. He's Midna's only. (For TP, at least)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I must say, you're pretty darn good at skeletons. Wonderful details. The only thing I can really think to crit right now is that the shading in some of them is just a tad bit messy and scribbly. Ever try cross hatch shading? I think it would look really cool with some of your sketches.

Xinn, when you say messy, are you referring to the Kirby Luma as well? Im trying to develop my own techniques, ive always loved teaching myself things, being a self taught artist makes me the artist i am, so right now, im still developing my own styles of shading and foring shapes. The Kirby luma is actually one im proud of, shading wise, (except around the feet), because i dont see this style anywhere. So at this point, im wondering. Is its messiness charming at all? Or should i work on my shading skills and tweak the style some?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Ah, good for you for experimenting with your own style, that's an excellent way to grow as an artist. I normally would not critique style experimentations since those are more personal growth things, but I will give my thoughts on the matter. Messiness can certainly be charming, and in fact it often is. That is what makes pencil sketches so endearing to many artists. The Kirby Luma certainly did stand out with the way it was shaded; I actually rather like it. The only thing I would say is that I think you may have been so caught in the shading that you sort of lost some of the shape, namely the forehead. I think you put a few too many shading lines on the forehead, which compromised somewhat the round appearance that the creature should have displayed.

I will say though the shading lines themselves are pretty neat, as the lines do follow the shape and contours of the luma. A few of the others though, namely the Ghini and Tektite on the first page, the lines don't seem to follow an overall coherent structure, which distracts from the shape of the creatures. So by all means, continue to tweak and experiment, because those are the main steps on the road to improvement and growth :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom