• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ni No Kuni - PS4 vs Switch

Ni No Kuni - PS3 vs Switch

Even though it's supposedly a port, there are differences. This video goes into great detail comparing the two. The Switch Port looks ever so slightly different and cleans up a few things when compared to the original PS3.

In my opinion the Switch port of this is easily worth getting if you only own a Switch.

If you are interested in Switch vs PS4 comparisons look here.
The PS4 is 1080@60 and the PS4Pro is 1440@30 or 4k@30.
Considering the artstyle of the game, you don't lose much at lower resolutions. Sure higher is better but this is a game where max resolution is not a requirement. This will look amazing portable on the Switch. I'm sure it'll look amazing docked too. Everyone said it looked amazing on PS3 and that's the worst version of the game graphically . . . if you don't count the Japan only DS game, but that's actually feature different so it doesn't count.

After all this I think - in my opinion it comes down to the following. If you must have portable, get the Switch port.
If you must get the cheapest version, get PS4.
If neither of the above bother you that much, just get the one for the console you play the most or think you'll keep the longest into the future. As this is a game that will age very well, it has so far.

What do you think?

I've read a lot of horror stories about the Switch port with glitches in cutscenes both audio and visual that carry through into the game as well as crashes.

I won't be buying the game because of those issues and also I didn't like it on PS3

@Spirit
I did a 2 second internet search and came up with this.

These plus other searches I've since done seem to conclude that the PS4 and Switch ports both are prone to very occassional crashing. Occasional to the point of 2 crashes in 50 hours of game play.

I can say the 2nd game on PS4 has the same issue. I put in about 120 hours into it. beat it and tried the DLC. The DLC is fundamentally broken (from a design point) so I gave up on it. My point is in those 120 hours I had about 4-5 crashes. I was literally back into the action 1-2 minutes after each crash. Not a big deal at all.
I haven't heard much about the audio glitches but it seems a few people are experiencing them but it's only a rare/random occurance for them.

Does the game need a stability patch? Yes.
Are the issues on PS4 and Switch? Yes. It seems the base code which all 3 versions (PS, PSPro and Switch) use the same base code and that base code needs a little clean up.
Horror story? Not really.

A few crashes is shoddy developing but not anything major.
Getting myself softlocked on Metroid Other M because of a programming error, that's major. I still have not finished that game, as I quit after the softlock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom