• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Next Zelda game to buy

Hello all!

I'm working on having a library of every Zelda title. I also have a Switch, New 2DS XL, and Wii. Right now I don't have the following:

Skyward Sword for the Wii. (already beaten)
Spirit Tracks for the DS. (never played)
Phantom Hourglass for the DS. (already beaten)
Windwaker for the GameCube. (already beaten)
Minish Cap for the GBA. (already beaten)

I am not counting on the DS titles being ported to the Switch via a remake or the Switch Online subscription (like with the NES & SNES) so they are most likely the next Zelda games to be purchased.

I plan to save Minish Cap for the very last because the Switch Online subscription should be seeing N64 games next year followed by GBA games in 2021 (data mining results showed four different systems and the NES & SNES were two of the four). That game does deserve the remake treatment on the Switch for sure.

I believe Twilight Princess (have the Wii version) and Windmaker HD remakes from the Wii U will be on the Switch sooner than later...maybe before the BoTW sequel launches. Super Mario 3D World is one other Wii U game that hasn't made the jump to the Switch just yet. I think Nintendo is going to hold the next main Mario & BoTW & Metroid Prime 4 until the next gen consoles launch near the end of next year.

Skyward Sword has been teased and denied at the same time...must mean it is going to happen especially since you can use detachable joy-cons on the Switch Lite. It's $25 at GameStop for the Wii and TP was $10 at GameStop just recently.

I'm also open to purchasing a Wii U but I wonder how long the Wii U eShop will remain open at this point.

Since Spirit Tracks is the only one on your list that you haven't gotten to play, if you're given an opportunity to play it, I think you should take it. Of course, that depends on if you liked the level design and gameplay of Phantom Hourglass, since Spirit Tracks does borrow a lot from it in that regard.

I'm sort of myself holding out on if Wind Waker HD gets brought to Switch (and to a lesser extent, also Twilight Princess HD), and I think you're wise to keep that in mind in your decision making. I play my Switch way more than I ever played my Wii U, so I would have rather had them on Switch if I got that choice.

I think you should probably hold off on getting a Wii U at this point, though. Nintendo screwed the system over pretty hard, and seems to be in the process of basically releasing every major title from it onto Switch.

D

Deleted member 83535

I'd advise you to track down Spirit Tracks. If you're not bothered about physical releases, you could always get a Wii U. They're cheap and it's actually a decent console. I bought one for cheap after I already had a Switch and I don't regret it. There are fun games for it, it's a different experience.

You can get all the games you listed on the Wii U, unless you're really bothered by versions of games. Which I totally understand since I am also. Got 3 versions of Twilight Princess and another 3 of Ocarina of Time :b

The only different version you'll have is Wind Waker, all the other ones are available on the console digitally.
From NES to N64, along with Wii, GBA and DS.

Since Spirit Tracks is the only one on your list that you haven't gotten to play, if you're given an opportunity to play it, I think you should take it. Of course, that depends on if you liked the level design and gameplay of Phantom Hourglass, since Spirit Tracks does borrow a lot from it in that regard.

I'm sort of myself holding out on if Wind Waker HD gets brought to Switch (and to a lesser extent, also Twilight Princess HD), and I think you're wise to keep that in mind in your decision making. I play my Switch way more than I ever played my Wii U, so I would have rather had them on Switch if I got that choice.

I think you should probably hold off on getting a Wii U at this point, though. Nintendo screwed the system over pretty hard, and seems to be in the process of basically releasing every major title from it onto Switch.

I'm pretty much not planning on buying the Wii U at this point because in addition to Zelda games that I could get on other platforms, the only Wii U game of interest to me would be Super Mario 3D World but that game appears to be headed to the Switch at some point next year before the holidays when the Nintendo heavy hitters should have new games to counter the launch of the PS5 (just announced by Sony as Holiday 2020 launch) and the Xbox Scarlett. But the Wii U is just $89.99 for the 32GB version (8 GB is $69.99 and I could buy a good 32 GB SD card for cheap since that should be enough to hold all the Zelda games mentioned for the Wii U) at GameStop right now...very tempting. Already have the two NES and one SNES Zelda on the Wii Virtual Console so that could be ported over to the Wii U.

I think the source of my desire of getting the Wii U would have to be the Windwaker HD remake it's easier to get the map shards compared to the original. But I can get the GameCube original instead.

I agree with going after Spirit Tracks next and that is something that could happen soon. Seems like GameStop could be offering buy one get half off this week.

I'd advise you to track down Spirit Tracks. If you're not bothered about physical releases, you could always get a Wii U. They're cheap and it's actually a decent console. I bought one for cheap after I already had a Switch and I don't regret it. There are fun games for it, it's a different experience.

You can get all the games you listed on the Wii U, unless you're really bothered by versions of games. Which I totally understand since I am also. Got 3 versions of Twilight Princess and another 3 of Ocarina of Time :b

The only different version you'll have is Wind Waker, all the other ones are available on the console digitally.
From NES to N64, along with Wii, GBA and DS.

I'm one that prefers purchasing games digitally myself especially after I used to have to carry around a bag with 20+ Gameboy games in it which was just nuts. I have been willing to do physical copies so I do not have to worry about getting a Wii U at this point.

D

Deleted member 83535

Sure, up to you. But it seems a cheap Wii U would be a great deal to you since, again, you can get Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks digitally on it as well. With what you already have coupled with the fact that you can get Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap and Skyward Sword digitally, you'll have nearly every game. Not 100% sure if you can get Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD digitally too, but I think you can.

Sure, up to you. But it seems a cheap Wii U would be a great deal to you since, again, you can get Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks digitally on it as well. With what you already have coupled with the fact that you can get Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap and Skyward Sword digitally, you'll have nearly every game. Not 100% sure if you can get Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD digitally too, but I think you can.

You can buy the following Zelda games digitally for the Wii U:

Legend of Zelda
Zelda II
A Link To The Past
Ocarnia of Time
Majora's Mask
Minish Cap
Windwaker HD
Twilight Princess HD
Skyward Sword
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Breath of The Wild

12 Zelda games on one console which is awesome.

I have a New 2DS XL and it has the following:

Legend of Zelda
Zelda II
A Link To The Past
Ocarnia of Time
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
A Link Across Worlds
Triforce Heroes (physical copy...plan to convert to digital as soon as Nintendo cuts the price on that game).
Four Swords Adventures

11 Zelda games and if you get both DS games, that is 13 Zelda games total.

I'm hoping Nintendo at least ports Windwaker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword to the Switch. I'm expecting Minish Cap to arrive on the Switch Online Service in 2021 (assuming the N64 gets a 2020 release). Within a year or two, all the good Wii U games should have made the move to the Switch.

D

Deleted member 83535

Slight corrections on that New 2DS list:
It's:
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
Link's Awakening DX
Link Between Worlds
Four Swords Anniversary Edition

Of the main games, only Four Swords Adventures is missing between both consoles.

Of the main games, only Four Swords Adventures is missing between both consoles.

I got Four Swords Anniversary Edition when it was available for download for free at the time. It's not available right now.

Also forgot Hyrule Warriors on the New 2DS XL which means I would have up to 14 Zelda games on the New 2DS XL.

D

Deleted member 83535

Yes, that's why I mentioned main games. Hyrule Warriors is available on both.

And by the way Four Swords Anniversary Edition and Four Swords Adventures are two different games.
Four Swords Adventures is exclusive to GameCube and was never re-released or available anywhere else.
Four Swords has two versions, the physical GameBoy Advance and the digital DSi you mentioned.

If you are including physical versions, then you can consider the Wii games as well. You can also get the original Twlight Princess and Crossbow Training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom