• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Next Zelda Game Theory

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
One of the major questions coming out of Breath of the Wild has been: where to go next? This game has recieved massive praise, and may be the single biggest game Nintendo has ever released. They said they want to make Open World the new standard for a Zelda game.
Add in the recent remakes of Fire Emblem's Arachnea Trilogy (1-3 remade into 11, 12, and 15) and the recent announcement of a Metroid II remake, and I've come up with an idea: the next Zelda game may be a complete 3DHD remake of Zelda 1, complete with a slightly expanded overworld and rebuilt dungeons. Maybe, if we really want something epic, a co-remake with Zelda II, where the second part of the game opens up the map to the rest of the Zelda II map, since Zelda 1 is a little tiny corner of that map. It would expand the game, playtime, and size.
What do you guys think? Is it likely? Is it a good idea? Would you buy/play it?

I dont think they'll remake Zelda one and even if they did, theyd have to change and add so much we wouldnt be able to tell of it was a remake.

I remember the first trailer we got of TP some people thought it was a remake of LoZ.
And the notion that BotW could have been a remake of LoZ are still fresh in my memory.

So no. I dont think they will. Fire Emblem is a different genre altogether, remaking them is a simpler affair than Zelda to remake. The gameplay ofnFR hasnt changed. Its just been added to.

Zelda has changed so much since the first that i dont think a straight up remake would work well without changes that'd make it so different we wouldnt be able to tell.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No. It's not a good idea. I'd probably play it but I'd probably be complaining about direction of the series again for the following 5 years.

Thing is we already have a 3D remake of Zelda 1. It's called Breath of The Wild. Open world with a minimal story. Save princess from Ganon. Sounds familiar...

Why would I want them to do that again? I don't like Zelda 1. Apart from nostalgia I dont see why anyone would enjoy it. It's an awful game. I certainly dont care for BoTW either so I hope they change direction to a more story focussed game next time with better writing. I'm sick of post apocalyptic Zelda anyway. I want to see a Hyrule at its peak in the next entry and not in a ruined state again.

I'd be fine with a remake of Zelda 2. Primarily because I want to see some of the enemies again. Would it be a good idea? Probably not.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I dont think they'll remake Zelda one and even if they did, theyd have to change and add so much we wouldnt be able to tell of it was a remake.

I remember the first trailer we got of TP some people thought it was a remake of LoZ.
And the notion that BotW could have been a remake of LoZ are still fresh in my memory.

So no. I dont think they will. Fire Emblem is a different genre altogether, remaking them is a simpler affair than Zelda to remake. The gameplay ofnFR hasnt changed. Its just been added to.

Zelda has changed so much since the first that i dont think a straight up remake would work well without changes that'd make it so different we wouldnt be able to tell.

BOTW shares a fair few traits with zelda 1 how do we know they didn't just make a reboot of the series?

Aku

^^^ I doubt they'd reboot. It would tick off too many people, like it was erasing all history or saying the past 30 or so years didn't matter. The only way I'd say they could 'handwave' it away would be if it was set on the hypothetical time-split of SS, and then they'd have to explain why this Ganon did not take the form of a Gerudo, and the other one did.

As for the OP, since they said they will be using the open world as the new Zelda template, it's likely they will be using BOTW's engine (and possibly the built world it already has) and tweaking stuff to be the same yet different. It probably won't take as long, and since they are now quite familiar with the phyics engine (and likely have seen people goofing off with it on Youtube) they can probably do even more. They have said they want to move on from OOT as the focus around which the series eventually centered itself, so likely it will be around BOTW's hero now or it could be just it's story and history. (I think this is why they set it so far in the future, it allowed this distance.)

Regarding the next game's possible setting/story, well Zelda did say she wanted to help rebuild Hyrule. It may not be the post-apocalyptic Hyrule anymore that was in BOTW, so it could be that we will see more built towns. Another thing, is that Ganon is very likely to make a return, since Zelda says he's going to come back someday. What form this will be is unknown, it is known though he has not given up on reincarnating, though it will be unlikely that people (Gerudo and otherwise) will be tricked into following him or letting him live if he comes as Ganondorf again.

For the people, we'll see many of the usual supporting characters again.

The 'usual' monsters, same thing. Bokoblins, Moblins, Keese will be back. However, it's going to be up in the air whether we see the new Mini-Bosses that BOTW brought, it's possible we might see the Stone Talus creatures, but unknown if we will see the Guardians or Blights again, unless it's going to be a mook or Malice-based creature hidden in a dungeon somewhere. If Ganon is returning and he's still covered in that Malice goo, then it's possible we might see a Blight-type creature again, but it depends on what Ganon's up to.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
A 3D verison of Zelda 1 sounds like a fan project if you ask me. I think it's a great idea and could work well, but it could never top the success of Breath of the Wild or even come close, in my opinion.

What I would want for the follow up to BotW would be another open world Zelda in a different place other than Hyrule. Could be Termina, Lorule, or even something taking place in the Great Sea. Whatever it may be, I think that might be the most likely candidate for the next Zelda game; an open world that's not Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom