• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Next Transformation

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Throughout the series, Link has had several alternate forms. What do you think the next one should be, what special abilities should it have, how should the transformation work, etc. My idea is as follows...

loz_transformation_idea_by_rubydragoncat-d50u35b.png

Note on the design: Wolf Link in TP doesn't have the same coloration as Human Link, with the exception of the eyes. If he did, his fur would be blond, because fur = hair. I went the same route with Dragon Link here. His tail spike is supposed to resemble the triforce.

I'm thinking the transformation should work via an ancient magical artifact called the Stone of Scales. The Stone of Scales houses the spirits of the great dragon gods, which can be the dragons from SS or a different set. It obviously has a lot of power, which is why the villain breaks into the temple and tries to take it. But in self defense, the Stone of Scales splits into 3 pieces, one for each dragon god, and the pieces warp to somewhere in the Sacred Realm. Much like in TP, Link takes dragon form when in the Sacred Realm, and can switch forms at will once he has the complete Stone of Scales.

The abilities in dragon form are gliding(not flying), fighting with claws and fangs, Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love. The last three are magic bar dependant. He can't use items in dragon form, and he can't use the magic spells in human form. The magic spells are close to what they were in their last appearance, but a bit different.

Din's Fire: The dragon's fire breath. Simple.
Farore's Wind: Allows Dragon Link to fly instead of just glide. Hold down the spell button, and he will fly until you release the button or his magic bar runs out.
Nayru's Love: Defensive magic, just like it was in OoT.

Last edited:

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Well there really haven't been too many transformations...let me think you became a bunny in A Link to the Past, the Transformation Masks in Majora's Mask, and a wolf in Twilight Princess. If you want to be uber picky you could consider the Minish Cap in which you shrink, but you still look the same. Honestly I don't see a transformation game coming out for a while.

That being said, I do like your idea, except that I would want the ability to fly all the time not just glide. Not to the extent of Skyward Sword, but maybe have flying, or even the transformation in general, drain your magic meter. That way it wouldn't allow you to get to parts of Dungeons that you shouldn't, but would open up some interesting puzzles and gameplay.

Just ask the Happy Mask Salesman if he has any new masks. A Twili mask for Link would be nice. I can't think of any more recent races from recent games that i actually liked.. though it'd be interesting to see Link as a Mogma =] and a Kikwi Link would just make him look like a Bulbasaur with all that green.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I would rather see more new gear that you can change between to customize Link better, like having 4 different tunics instead of 3, and other things which aren't really items, but more gear-like

Dragoncat

That being said, I do like your idea, except that I would want the ability to fly all the time not just glide. Not to the extent of Skyward Sword, but maybe have flying, or even the transformation in general, drain your magic meter. That way it wouldn't allow you to get to parts of Dungeons that you shouldn't, but would open up some interesting puzzles and gameplay.
Farore's Wind lets you fly. Flying all the time without limits would, like you said, allow you to go places you shouldn't. Gliding would just be an extended version of jumping, so you can jump larger gaps. Think Spyro for the Playstation 1...

Added picture, and the happy mask salesman seems to be exclusive to two games, so I don't think he'll make another appearance. But the kikwi/bulbasaur thing is an amusing mental image ^_^

Last edited:

Megidrus

Wolf of Time
i think link should get many animal freinds like epona and later be able to fuse with them like link + epona = centaur link this is very good because it may give Keabora Geabora more of a roll

The only games you really transform in was, Alttp, MM, TP. I don't think they can do much more transforming without being unoriginal. Unless they bring back some more mask then I don't think it is very likely.

I don't really care too much for transformation of Link. If he had to transform into something, i would prefer it to be by way of mask. There isn't really amy animal ormcreature, aside from the wolf, in which i feel could be used purposes of good.

Dragoncat

There isn't really amy animal ormcreature, aside from the wolf, in which i feel could be used purposes of good.
That's awfully closed minded...I could see your point if it was a demon or a zombie, but...

If you think about it, a lot of old fairy tales use a "big bad wolf" as a villain, so people in medieval times obviously thought wolves were evil. Yet in TP, the wolf form was far from it. My point is that almost any creature could go either way.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Well, there haven't been too much transformations, only a few. I don't really think we'll see a game where Link transforms for quite a long while.

I really want to see a game where the Happy Mask Salesman, or someone similar to him gave Link different masks to transform into different things. This is much like Majora's Mask, but I really like MM.

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Everybody keeps saying that they think that we won't see a transformation for a while, but if you look at a pattern in the console games, we're due for a game with transformations. Every other console game since A Link to the Past has had a transformation. That would mean we're due; also, it's been 6 years since Twilight Princess was released--the last transformation game--and the next console Zelda game won't come out for probably 2 years. This would mean it would have been 8 years since we saw a console game, so a transformation of Link is probably going to happen in the next console Zelda.

To finish off, I would like to see Link transform into a Hylian Phoenix. He would transform with the help of the Messenger's Staff (see my blog The Legends of The Legend of Zelda), the Hylian Phoenix (an upgraded Master Sword), and the Nexus Cape (just a special cape). The form would transform Link into an almost god-like phoenix. He could only use it against the final boss battle, because he only then finds out how to become the phoenix. Now this isn't much of a transformation, but it is insane in its form. He can shoot lighting and rocks out of his wings, and he can breath fire and ice. Even though Link is almost a god, so is his opponent. That's all I have.

Link transforming into a dragon would be pretty cool, but I would like it if he turned into a bat or something that can fly (dragon works fine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom