• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Next Nintendo System?

Besides Skyward Sword, Kirby Epic Yarn, Metroid: Other M, and Donkey Kong Country Returns, what other "awesome" games are there????

All those games are coming out by the end of this year (except Zelda).

I am really positive that the new system is not that far off into the future, maybe Microsoft's and Sony's, but not Nintendo's.

But who knows? Maybe they'll just wait for Microsoft and Sony to make their first move!! xD

Also, if the new system is backwards compatible with Wii games, wouldn't that make it possible for GC games to be compatible too (Even if they remove the GC ports?)? After all, the Wii is based off of GameCube hardware.

I also thought that one of the reasons Nintendo removed the GBA slot in the DSi was because they would put GB/ GBC/ and GBA games on a "Virtual Handheld" service on the DSi Shop. But that never happened, so I guess they are saving that for the 3DS.

They should keep the Wii, but add a new graphics chip, like they did for the N64 with the expansion pack.

"Besides Skyward Sword, Kirby Epic Yarn, Metroid: Other M, and Donkey Kong Country Returns, what other "awesome" games are there????"

To The guy above me. OMG!!!! Goldeneye? Kid Icarus? Ocarina of Time 3D? Starfox 64 3D? Nintendogs PLUS cats? Mario Kart 3DS? Paper Mario? Kingdom Hearts port? Super Street Fighter 4 3D? You should feel ashamed of yourself! Tell me why those aren't good games!

They should keep the Wii, but add a new graphics chip, like they did for the N64 with the expansion pack.

"Besides Skyward Sword, Kirby Epic Yarn, Metroid: Other M, and Donkey Kong Country Returns, what other "awesome" games are there????"

To The guy above me. OMG!!!! Goldeneye? Kid Icarus? Ocarina of Time 3D? Starfox 64 3D? Nintendogs PLUS cats? Mario Kart 3DS? Paper Mario? Kingdom Hearts port? Super Street Fighter 4 3D? You should feel ashamed of yourself! Tell me why those aren't good games!

I mean Wii games, I forgot about that Goldeneye.

All those are awesome but they are not Wii games, and you forgot about that new Animal Crossing 3DS.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I think topic is subjective to how you see Nintendo in the 21st Century. If you now see Nintendo as a company that has now decided to dedicate it's future to multiplayer-family friendly games such as Wii sports, then I think it would be safe to assume that those people will not expect another console for a fair few years.

However, if you're like me and you refuse to accept that the once powerful Nintendo will dedicate it's future to cartoonesque family games, then you will most likely expect a new console within the next 3 years perhaps. I live in constant hope that Nintendo will soon produce a console with a hard drive close to that of Sony's and Microsoft's. A couple of months I saw the Advert on TV for the game Blur, for those of you who haven't seen it take a look; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irgYL42iLcI&feature=related . The harsh reality of that advert is that it tells the truth, I feel Nintendo is stuck behind that fence like a child in a school while PS360 are both beginning to advance in modern gaming technology. However, I refuse to believe that Nintendo will forever be stuck behind that fence, and that sometime in the not too distant future they will release a console worthy of matching "the Big Boys".

I think topic is subjective to how you see Nintendo in the 21st Century. If you now see Nintendo as a company that has now decided to dedicate it's future to multiplayer-family friendly games such as Wii sports, then I think it would be safe to assume that those people will not expect another console for a fair few years.

However, if you're like me and you refuse to accept that the once powerful Nintendo will dedicate it's future to cartoonesque family games, then you will most likely expect a new console within the next 3 years perhaps. I live in constant hope that Nintendo will soon produce a console with a hard drive close to that of Sony's and Microsoft's. A couple of months I saw the Advert on TV for the game Blur, for those of you who haven't seen it take a look; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irgYL42iLcI&feature=related . The harsh reality of that advert is that it tells the truth, I feel Nintendo is stuck behind that fence like a child in a school while PS360 are both beginning to advance in modern gaming technology. However, I refuse to believe that Nintendo will forever be stuck behind that fence, and that sometime in the not too distant future they will release a console worthy of matching "the Big Boys".

That's exacly what I'm hoping too! I am happy with the Wii as it is and I wouldn't mind waiting a few more years for the successor, but it would be AWESOME to play a realistic Zelda game like TP on a HD Nintendo system (Wii's successor) :)

I mean Wii games, I forgot about that Goldeneye.

All those are awesome but they are not Wii games, and you forgot about that new Animal Crossing 3DS.

Oh... sorry... I didn't mean to be mean or anything...

Why did they give us a neck in animal crossing 3ds? I DON'T GET IT!!!

but it would be AWESOME to play a realistic Zelda game like TP on a HD Nintendo system (Wii's successor) :)

Indeed it would be.

Yann, you bring up an amazing point, one that fits directly into what I've been thinking lately. The beginning of that ad depicts a racing game that represents the vast majority of the Wii's games, first party or otherwise; bright, colorful, and.......kiddy.
Now, let's assume for a second that the racing game shown there was amazing, on par with Mario Kart. The game play is awesome, it's just one of the best racing games you've ever played. Does that really change the meaning of what the ad is saying? There comes a point to where amazing game play just can't cut it for everyone in this day and age. I feel that the vast majority of Nintendo fans have become far to dependent on this talking point:

"The game play is all that matters, graphics are the lowest priority" - To me, this basically means we're all content to sit on that bright side of the fence, oblivious to everything because game play is the only thing that seemingly matters, because we just don't want to admit that the other side of the fence looks way better visual wise, and has actually evolved over the years.
Think about it, Nintendo has been down and out visually for years now, so what better idea for the fanbase that to take the weakness, pretend it doesn't matter, and capitalize on the strength?

It's time for the fanbase AND Nintendo to evolve beyond that mindset, and realize the table needs more legs if it's going to stand in the long run. Or, we can all succumb to the ignorance, and stay on our current side of the fence, while the other side passes us in ways we can't even see because we're blinded by Nintendo's new found success on this side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom