• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Next Nintendo System?

We all know and hope that Nintendo will release a new system after the Wii, but there are a few questions to be asked.

When do you think it will release?
Will it use motion sensors?
Will it have PS3/360-like graphics (or better)?
Will Nintendo have a totally different system like how the Wii was different than GameCube?

I think it will release sometime around 2013-2015, right now it seems too soon for a new system since I don't think I've seen the full potential of the Wii yet. I think it will have motions sensors, but it will also have games that just use a normal controller like other systems, maybe for some games you could choose motions sensitive controls or not. I feel that great crisp, beautiful-out-of-your-mind graphics are a must for the Next system. Many people just judge the Wii on graphics and thus do not like it as much. I do not feel that we will see a totally revamped syatem rather than a blend of normal and motion.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
From what I see it, Nintendo has kinda made an "Ultimate" console, because everyone is buying it. Only real Nintendo-fans would bother buying a new one with improvements.
Even though, what is going to be big in gaming now is the 3D functionality, so maybe...

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I agree with both of you.

Nintendo make the best consoles which make it "Ultimate" with new features that other consoles will just copy with that. Nintendo will always be a step ahead of everyone else in that stage.

I think it is a MUST for graphics to be the highest standard as possible because there are hundreds of thousands of people not buying the Wii only because of the graphics so if Nintendo can do that, then they are on the tracking to having more consumers. ;)

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
Well concerning the new Nintendo console. I believe that after the alleged WiiHD, they are going to be looking at a more hardcore console which will be able to compete with the PS3 and 360...

It's funny how SEGA was playing catch up with Nintendo back in the 80's and 90's and now the tables have turned and Nintendo are playing catch up.....

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Well, they've already announced the WiiDS (pronounced "weeds") and the 3DS. Those are the next Nintendo systems.

Don't expect a new console anytime soon. Nobody wants to work on a new console because the money maker right now is addons. Sony is already tied into a 10-year contract, so they won't be releasing anything else for quite a while. Because of that, Microsoft isn't pressured to release another system. And because of THAT, Nintendo isn't either. You won't be seeing another completely new system for a long while. Nintendo has confirmed that they will be making use of HD, but I assume that'll just be an upgraded Wii, not a new console all together.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
probably not going to have a new console for a long time, however i would like one baecause i really get annoyed with my wii sometimes, if i play long enough, it just freezes up, and it takes a long time to load as well... either way, they probably wont start the new system untill 2020 or later, is my best geuss

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
OK, I'm usually not someone who is concerned too much about graphics and hyper-realistic gameplay.

On the one hand I'm not one of those geeks that would spend like 2000$ for an overpriced Crossfire graphics card just to play overrated, "all-about-the-graphics" games like Modern Warfare 2.

But on the other hand, if one has a TV with 1920x1080 native resolution (which is becoming standard), it just looks really crappy and pixelated to play with a console whose maximum output is just 640x480. That's so 90s, and that's why I don't think that the most recent Nintendo console will still be the Wii as late as 2020, when almost everyone will have full HD screens (that is if it won't have been replaced by an even higher resolution then, like UHDV which is a whopping 7680x4320. Imagine how crappy 640x480 would look on such a system!)

Another thing is the main processor: It runs at a ridculous 729 MHz, computers had that back in 1999 or so, so I think there isn't much more potential to the Wii than the current games we know already show. (Remember that the Xbox 360 has 3*3.2 GHz, which is more than 10x faster than the Wii if used optimally, so Microsoft and Sony are much farther away from living up their potentials if you look at their games)

But what I think is the reason why the Wii is still by far the best selling console is the way these low stats are used to make nevertheless good and up-to-date games with much emotion in them, but 729 MHz are still 729 MHz, you cannot optimize it that well so that it can still withstand gamers' requirements in like 5 years.

So if they made a console with some better internals but still continue with concentrating on making good games with much love put into them that are not all about the graphics, then that would totally stomp PS3 and Xbox 360 into the ground.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
The Nintendo DSi XL is the next gaming system to hit the market. Nintendo has increased the size of the regular DSi. The pen, the DS, and the screens size were modified with larger measurements.

Wii's Successor

Hello everyone!

Do you guys think that Nintendo will show off the Wii's successor at next year's E3??

I think that they will because they usually do a year after they announce the new handheld series (3DS).

How do you think Nintendo can/ will innovate to make the console unique, just like the DS, Wii, and 3DS?

What do you want it to be like??

What I want:
-Ability to play Wii/ GC games
-Ability to transfer Wii Shop Account to the new system
-No friend codes (or atleats just one)
-Better online
-Better graphics
-ALOT more memory for downloads, updates, patches, etc.

I can't really think of a way they could "innovate" besides Virtual Reality xD!

Why not? I mean, they are "upping" the DS and the DS is still selling, right?

The 3DS is almost (If not more) as powerful as the Wii. I think that they should, the Wii is old technology, they need something new and better.

How is voice commands innovative? Didn't Microsoft already do that with that Kinect bull (AKA Project Natal)??

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think the Wii should have a successor just yet. It has so much it CAN do right now, so no. It wouldn't be bad if Nintendo "announced" that a new system was in the works, but I don't want the Wii to die out yet. It has only been around for...4-5 years.

I don't think Nintendo's next system will be released for at least another 2-3 years. However, I don't think it would be too far fetched to get some news about one that is in the works by next E3. I wouldn't expect a whole lot to be revealed because Nintendo usually likes to keep their secrets to themselves, as they did with their motion controller (which is smart, seeing as how everyone likes to copy Nintendo's ideas). But I think its safe to assume that HD compatibility will be available, as well as up-to-par graphics with the PS3. Of course, it will also likely have backwards compatibility with Wii games. As for Gamecube titles, I'm not sure, as the DS dropped compatibility with Advance games when the DSi was released, but I hope its compatible with GC games still. Their next big revolutionary upgrade will be hard to determine, but I think that 3D would be a reasonable guess. They also really need an online server that is the same as PS3's and Xbox's, as well as a huge hard drive .

One thing's for certain, the Wii hasn't been exhausted. Nintendo seems like this is the year that they start the Wii up with all these great games. I'd say about 3 years before another system is even announced, or leaked, or beginning to be speculated about, much less released.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what sort of gimmick they come up with this time, although I'd say it's safe to assume HD will be there, and if not, in one of its successors (You know, DS to DS lite, not necessarily a new system, just an upgrade) They've really exhausted it all. The only thing really left is virtual reality, and I don't think that's possible. Not just in a few years, but ever. Well, being as realistic as they want it to be, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom