• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Next Game Between MM and TP?

I was just looking over the official Zelda timeline and when you go down the child timeline you see that between MM and TP along the left, where it gives the names of the era's that there is an era that is labeled like[-] and then goes on to a new bracket to label the twilight era. Anyone else think this may be a hint that the next game will be in an era between MM and TP? I also found it interesting that the demo they showed involved switching between day and night and the child timeline involves the "Twilight Era" and the "Shadow Era" and TP focused heavily on the distinction between light and shadow. This is just some random thoughts, would you like to see a game set between these two games to fill in the unknown era bracket or would you rather see a game that would be placed at the end of a timeline to finally progress the story instead of just filling it in.

Thats is interesting but there are two other [-] on the timeline; one next to the decline timeline's sealing war heading and another under SS. I don't think they mean anything but the two sealing wars are different and perhaps Nintendo will expand on the decline timeline's version, I also think a sequel to SS will happen, perhaps even on the 3ds (gyro controls for flying/dowsing etc). And I'd love to see another game in Termina since the ending is one of the vaguest in the franchise, but I don't think there really is anyhting to be read into the [-] on the timelines i think they're just there to help split things up. At first i thought they were generation gaps, when i Link is different to the previous but there are no [-] between MC and OoT and they were different Links, same in the decline timeline. I don't know what they're for and it is odd that MM doesn't have an 'era' like the others do BUT it may be to do with the fact that Termina was an alternate dimension and whatever happened in there is moot when considering the status of Hyrule. Link's Awakening doesn't have an 'era' either because that was a dream and meant nothing overall to the world in which Hyrule stands.

If Operation Moonfall does come to fruition then maybe the next 3DS Zelda title will be an MM sequel and then Moonfall will happen to maximise sales (not that it'll need to do that) because the two would go hand in hand. Its a theory anyway. But good topic here, clues in the timeline is all we have to work with now that they have given us the order. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom