• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors NEXT DLC! (spoilers .... read on own risk)

I guess I called it about Phantom Zelda being the next playable character :D. With that in mind, I have to say Toon Zelda is by far the best DLC Character for HWL so far. I wouldn't say she's the best character (Volga No. 1), but she does have a really good moveset and can really rack up KOs. Her voice is a little irritating though.

I haven't really given much time with Toon link's Sand rod, but from I did while using it, i wasn't that blown away by the moveset. I've only played a couple of the levels in the new map and it seems to be same old, same old. Overall I'll need to play the DLC Pack more to formulate a proper opinion, But I am loving Toon Zelda at the moment.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I guess I called it about Phantom Zelda being the next playable character :D. With that in mind, I have to say Toon Zelda is by far the best DLC Character for HWL so far. I wouldn't say she's the best character (Volga No. 1), but she does have a really good moveset and can really rack up KOs. Her voice is a little irritating though.

I haven't really given much time with Toon link's Sand rod, but from I did while using it, i wasn't that blown away by the moveset. I've only played a couple of the levels in the new map and it seems to be same old, same old. Overall I'll need to play the DLC Pack more to formulate a proper opinion, But I am loving Toon Zelda at the moment.
Oh nobody can beat Volga in my books. He is and remains my main.

No Vaati. I wish it would be possible but this is very unlikely. I haven't tried the sand rod yet. I need to check it out and see what it does.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
No Vaati. I wish it would be possible but this is very unlikely. I haven't tried the sand rod yet. I need to check it out and see what it does.

They're probably waiting to bring out Hyrule Warriors Empires (Or Tribes or whatever it's going to be called) to bring in Vaati (starting with his human form of course, just like with Ganondorf) so that they can have Four Sword in the game as well. Imagine a Link that is not Toon Link actually holding the Four Sword!

Not a massive fan of this DLC pack to be honest. Phantom Zelda seems like a bit of a bland character concept (the Phantom aspect is neat, but there are os many better choices in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks), and the new items and maps just seem very... okay.

Eh, maybe the next one will be better. The new characters hinted for in the Link Between Worlds DLC seem a lot more interesting to play as really.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I do love the map! I love how you can duplicate item cards. i love how you can trade cards for food and the golden train card taking away the restrictions is amazing. Toon Zelda can be a freaking powerhouse. Now I can't wait to play as Yuga if he becomes available in the next DLC round.

Im okay with it, but having only one character in a pack advertising two games is a bit of a let down, especially since Toon Zelda is a bit lame. The Phantom aspect is unique but i would have preferred it to be a special attack and play more as Zelda herself.

I also think the Spirit Train could have been a weapon all its own like Epona is for Link.

I wanted more characters added. Linebeck would have been cool and Oshus would have fit in the random category with Agitha and Marin. Hell, we could have had that pirate girl whose name i cant remember (because i dont like the game) who has a problem with Linebeck.

We could have had an Anouki. We have gorons and zoras in the roster so why not one of them?

I cant remember what the other packs are aside from AlBW which i think was leaked and is said to have Ravio and Yuga, which dont thrill me either.

I think the LA pack is the best we're gonna get.

And when HW NX launches with all wiiU and 3ds dlc i imagine the last few games (Oracles, Minish and maybe BoTW) will be in the season pack there.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I did expect another character to be added as well. I seriously thought we would have gotten two characters when the PH/ST DLC was released. So only getting 1 is a bit of a let down. Oh I won't be surprised if the NX game will have all content previously added to the U and 3DS

I have an idea for the next DLC pack.
Ravio! His weapon would be a bag of rupies starting with the child's wallet, then the Adult's wallet and finally The Giant's Wallet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom