• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Next Console Gen.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'll only get myself the WiiU if any, because Nintendo has the only exclusives I care for, plus the WiiU will most likely have better third party support than the Wii had. Another thing is pricing: How I know all these companies, the WiiU will propably go for ~€300, which is still affordable, but the others will probably be unnecessarily overpowered for their release time again (let's say octacore CPU, 4 SLI GTX590 cards etc.) so they'll easily be in the >€600 range and there's no way I'm spending that much money on a game console.
I have my PC directly connected to my TV anyway so I don't have that much of a need for a new console, besides most games that are released on X360/PS3 also have PC releases which I could just play instead and I don't think this will change with the successors.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I'm DEFINITELY the Wii U. Why does everyone think it's going to be blown away by the PS4 and 720? They don't know that. Judging by what I've heard, it's going to have the power to compete in the next generation. Unless Sony and/or Microsoft wants a $600 console, they're gonna go with saves them money.

And as for the other 2 consoles, I'll most likely get the PS4.

I''l be getting a wii u and 720. I don't really care too much about power. As long as nintendo keeps making all their great first party exclusives I'll buy one. It also seems like nintendo will also get some decent third part support this time around.

More than likely I won't be getting a WiiU. Zelda is the only thing that keeps me interested in Nintendo, and I'm not going to buy a console for one game. If it wasn't for the Virtual Console my Wii wouldn't have been getting used for the last 2-3 years, and SS is the first game I bought for it in a very long time. PS4 will be the next gen. console I spend money on, and honestly I'm in no rush to get that. The ps3 in still churning out great games so I can wait.

More than likely I won't be getting a WiiU. Zelda is the only thing that keeps me interested in Nintendo, and I'm not going to buy a console for one game. If it wasn't for the Virtual Console my Wii wouldn't have been getting used for the last 2-3 years, and SS is the first game I bought for it in a very long time. PS4 will be the next gen. console I spend money on, and honestly I'm in no rush to get that. The ps3 in still churning out great games so I can wait.

The PS3's game rate has declined as well. What big releases are on the way? Twisted Metal, Star Hawk, The Last Guardian, and Final Fantasy X HD for exclusives and Mass Effect 3 and Max Payne 3 as major multiplatforms. That's better than the competition but still not much,

It also seems like nintendo will also get some decent third part support this time around.

Nintendo was smart to go with a less powerful console this past gen and aims to pack a punch with Wii U! From the likes of Ninja Gaiden III, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Tekken: Wii U Successor, Dark Siders II, and more things are truly looking up!

As a gamer I'm interested in what each company has to offer us in the next generation of gaming. At this point we don't know much about the Next XBOX and the PS4 (that might not even happen anytime soon). I am planning on getting the Wii U on release day and hopefully the Next XBOX sometime after it's release. I can wait on the PS4 if it does indeed release in time to compete with next generation consoles. The Wii U looks very good at this point and I really do see this as a way for Nintendo to do big things with it's franchises. And all I really expect from the Next XBOX is a more powerful system with improvements on the dashboard and XBOXLIVE. A built in Kinect is very likely and hopefully Microsoft can find better uses for it. I'm also hoping that Microsoft gets another major IP. The original XBOX had Halo, the 360 had Gears of War, so what's next? Maybe something a little more different than Halo and Gears? A single player experience? And Sony is just a mess at this point. Last I heard, they aren't planning on making a PS4 anytime soon since the PS3 is a 10 year plan. To be honest, the PS3 does seem to be doing pretty good. Maybe better once the Vita hits in North America since it will have some compatibility with the PS3. I'm also keeping an eye out for The Last of Us which looks very interesting. But maybe once the other two companies hit next gen Sony will be pressured to release a console as well (and of course copy what's out there as usual).

Turo, you are a true gamer! Well if no PS4 at E3 2012, Sony is committed to its ten year plan. Previously than meant support for 10 years like PS1 and PS2 but a new console releasing after six years and then four years of support for two consoles but it seems things have changed especially since the PS3's launch wasn't too lucrative. Naughty Dog really does seem to be fueling Sony with exclusives like The Last of Us. Speaking of Vita, with declining sales, I don't see much of a future for it.

The Next XBOX will definitely improve current online standards and come bundled with some tyupe of Kinect. Or rather there will be a version for more "casual" gamers and one for "hardcore" gamers. Microsoft is slacking on the new IPS lately. I agree. Bring it on! Microsoft is also the wild card with the public not knowing whether or not the company's next console will be announced at this year's E3.

Nintendo seems to be in a fairly good position. after virtually no losses last generation, the company is back to playing with power. A see a combination of original ideas as well as ones we saw with DS, Wii, and 3DS meld into the Wii U. The platform is definitely exciting and seeing Nintendo's first party franchises jump to HD will be sure to cater to a larger audience. Also, third party support isn't lacking this time around. The short clip from E3 2011 deemed that to be true and hopefully more studios including Valve, Bioware, Capcom, Bethesda, Ubisoft, THQ, and Rockstar will support the Wii U. Nintendo needs to draw back the core crowd it arguably lost with the original Wii.

Last edited:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I doubt were gonna see many more real consoles. PC, Android and iOS gaming is taking over.

Umm gaming PCs have been around for YEARS. And just because iOS and Android devices are taking over the mobile market, doesn't mean the console market will crumble.

Not going to lie, the chances are high that I won't be getting the WiiU.

Nintendo games just don't appeal to me as much these days, it seems pointless for me to buy a console that will rarely get used. It will honestly take a large number of unique games and less of the motion control gimmick to get me to buy their next console.

This is how I feel about Nintendo right now. Although, the selling point for me is how much third party support that they are going to have.

MW7

I hope they do another Zelda compilation like the collector's edition, but they should release it as a launch title. Just have ALTTP and Wind Waker in HD. Throw together a master quest for ALTTP and you have yourself a best-seller. That said I'll be buying a Wii U basically no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom