• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Next Console Gen.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I feel like I'm betraying Zelda. This is because The next console Gen, I'll probably get the PSIV or Xbox 720 instead. This is because the only games I really enjoy on Nintendo Systems are Zelda and sometimes Metroid. Also, the Playstation/Xbox might have better exclusives and maybe power. If the Wii U doesn't have enough power to run games that the 720/PS4, I think I'll have to go with Microsoft or Sony instead. What's your stance on the next console Gen? What would you like to see?
I'd love to see cross platform online,do you could play with someone who has an Xbox while you're playing The Playstation or Wii U. Also, backwards compatibility is nice too.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I'm the last pure Nintenfan, so Wii U FTW. Cross platforming will never exist unless there is only one company that makes consoles, but there are three, so that definately will not happen. Backwards compatability is what I live for, so I'm pretty mad that there'll be no Cube support. :(

You're not the only one!
Im getting the Wii U, no doubt about it.

Sir Analog

Hope Rides Alone
I'm the last pure Nintenfan, so Wii U FTW. Cross platforming will never exist unless there is only one company that makes consoles, but there are three, so that definately will not happen. Backwards compatability is what I live for, so I'm pretty mad that there'll be no Cube support. :(
They've already started making Wiis without Gamcube backwards compatibility. It was bound to happen sometime, I guess. :/

Big Octo

=^)
I'll probably get a WiiU and an Xbox 720. The WiiU can be described as outdated already, as the other two leading consoles are sure to surpass it in terms of hardware. However, I buy Nintendo systems souly for exclusives. One must remember that Nintendo has terrible 3rd Party support, so I don't want to confine myself from getting good games from companies/franchises I like.

Well, we definitely know Wii U will be at E3 2012 and PS4 won't be. So that leaves Microsoft as the wild card...

We'll just have to wait and see. Nintendo is in a pretty good position after taking only gains on the Wii for over five years. This is what I've always wanted to see: The Big N rising like a phoenix again after its opponents have taken losses for a generation.

I'll most likely buy all 3 consoles as usual. :nod:

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Not going to lie, the chances are high that I won't be getting the WiiU.

Nintendo games just don't appeal to me as much these days, it seems pointless for me to buy a console that will rarely get used. It will honestly take a large number of unique games and less of the motion control gimmick to get me to buy their next console.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I too am planning on getting a WiiU ^^ Also, apparently the WiiU will have GameCube games added to its Virtual Console service.....but no memory card support may be a problem =\ However, if you don’t mind starting some of your games over again from the beggining then by all means :yes:

C

cities

The only games I am interested in are Mario and Zelda. Nothing else has any appeal. Therefore, Wii U it is. I have never purchased anything other than Nintendo consoles.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
The only games I will ever be interested in are Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Pokémon, Super Smash Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Naruto, and Kingdom Hearts :yes: There's nothing wrong with that right ^^

Eh... the only one I would actually care for would be the PS4. The only reason I would ever consider getting a Wii U is for whatever future Super Mario Bros. title Nintendo plans on making. However, I would find it a waste of money to buy a console just for one game or series, so I may not even try to buy a Wii U at all. And in all honesty, I don't really like the direction that Nintendo is going.

SixPortsofVain said:
Also, apparently the WiiU will have GameCube games added to its Virtual Console service.....but no memory card support may be a problem
I more worried about the amount of harddrive space Nintendo plans on giving us with the Wii U. The Wii only had half a gigabyte of space, which is why Nintendo Gamecube games were never released on its shop channel. That obviously pales in comparison to what the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 were given. The 3DS only has 1.5 gigabytes, if I recall correctly. That was a major jump for Nintendo, but for today, that amount of space is mediocre.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
As a gamer I'm interested in what each company has to offer us in the next generation of gaming. At this point we don't know much about the Next XBOX and the PS4 (that might not even happen anytime soon). I am planning on getting the Wii U on release day and hopefully the Next XBOX sometime after it's release. I can wait on the PS4 if it does indeed release in time to compete with next generation consoles. The Wii U looks very good at this point and I really do see this as a way for Nintendo to do big things with it's franchises. And all I really expect from the Next XBOX is a more powerful system with improvements on the dashboard and XBOXLIVE. A built in Kinect is very likely and hopefully Microsoft can find better uses for it. I'm also hoping that Microsoft gets another major IP. The original XBOX had Halo, the 360 had Gears of War, so what's next? Maybe something a little more different than Halo and Gears? A single player experience? And Sony is just a mess at this point. Last I heard, they aren't planning on making a PS4 anytime soon since the PS3 is a 10 year plan. To be honest, the PS3 does seem to be doing pretty good. Maybe better once the Vita hits in North America since it will have some compatibility with the PS3. I'm also keeping an eye out for The Last of Us which looks very interesting. But maybe once the other two companies hit next gen Sony will be pressured to release a console as well (and of course copy what's out there as usual).

Last edited:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm a very loyal Nintendo fan as I have gotten ALL of there consoles. I do plan on getting the WiiU, but I also plan on getting the PS4 also. The X-box, I could care less about though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom