• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

News: Retro Studios posts job openings

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
A lot of the team that worked on Metroid Prime series has been long-gone. Commonwealth Realm did a great video on it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
A lot of the team that worked on Metroid Prime series has been long-gone. Commonwealth Realm did a great video on it.

Right, but they still did a good job on Tropical Freeze, no? I know a 2D platformer is not the same as a 3D first-person shooter/adventure game, but quality is quality.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Retro likely isn't working on Metroid Prime. The team isn't there, it's not fit to create an atmospheric first person adventure game.

My guess is that they are currently working on a new I.P.
Right, but they still did a good job on Tropical Freeze, no? I know a 2D platformer is not the same as a 3D first-person shooter/adventure game, but quality is quality.
They did a fantastic job with Tropical Freeze. It's one of the best platformers ever made. However, it's like asking the worlds best pancake maker to make a burger. It isn't going to happen just yet.

A couple of years down the line, could retro be fit enough to make a Metroid game? Of course. But instead of going to A to Z, they will likely do something in the middle. Perhaps something like an RPG, or a 3rd Person Action-Adventure game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom