• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Newbie to BotW, how should I best enjoy my adventure? (Spoiler free please)

@MW7 Thank you very much for your response! I've mostly been focusing on those locations the past few days, as it seems like most of the other stuff (enemy outposts and treasure chests) aren't really relevant to the endgame. I've been exploring the western side of the map for the most part, going from the Gerudo Desert northbound. I still haven't bothered seeking out Impa yet, even though I probably should do so sometime soon, lol.

Would it be possible for somebody to give me a super simple list of how many shrines exist in each major area? That way I know whether or not I've found them all for an area. I don't really want to look all of the shrines/regions up since it would spoil the game.

Also, another thing I want to know is, where is that Korok tree guy that increases your inventory space? I did briefly hear about that NPC, but I didn't exactly look into it (again, to avoid spoiling myself). If somebody could give a really broad location (e.g. they're somewhere southeast of the entire map), that would be great. I just don't want to end up exploring everywhere BUT the area that they're at, and I'm really starving on inventory space for weapons right now, lol

Thanks everyone!!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
@MW7 Than you very much for your response! I've mostly been focusing on that the past few days, as it seems like most of the other stuff isn't really relevant to the endgame. I've mostly just been exploring the western side of the map for the most part, going from the Gerudo Desert northbound, and kind of just going in a clockwise circle like that. I still haven't bothered seeking out Impa yet, even though I probably should by now.

Would it be possible for somebody to give me a super simple list of how many shrines exist in each major area? That way I know whether or not I've found them all for an area. I don't really want to look the shrines/regions up since it might spoil the game.

Also, one thing I do want to know is, where is that Korok tree guy that increases your inventory space? I did briefly hear about that NPC, but I didn't exactly look into it (again, to avoid spoiling myself). If somebody could give a really broad location (e.g. they're somewhere southeast of the entire map), that would be great. I just don't want to end up exploring everywhere BUT the area that they're at, and I'm really starving on inventory space for weapons right now, lol

Thanks everyone!!
If you follow the path the game kinda pushes you towards at the beginning, you should be able to find the Korok youre looking for easily. And I'm not sure how many shrines exist in each area but if you're using the sheikah slate sensor, it shouldnt be too hard to find most of them. I think the best way to handle shrines is kind of just explore areas of the world as you come upon them, and once you're at the end of the game, I'd say look up whatever might be left. For the most part, you should be fine stumbling on them, especially if you're going off the designated roads (which it looks like you're doing).

@Doc Hi, thank you for your reply!

Okay, so I should just follow the main quest for a bit then. Very well, I guess I'll just work my way there then. You're basically saying that the best approach to the shrines right now is to just explore the ones I can find naturally, and look them up in the end if I'm stumped for the rest. Okay, I'll do that.

I read some articles about the horror stories of people seeking out all 900 Korok Seeds, and I have to admit, that's definitely not the kind of game I'm looking for, lol. I do want to find all of the shrines eventually, though. Maybe if I want to juice out every little bit of value out of BotW, I'll use a guide to find all the Korok Seeds. It'll depend on my mood by that point in time though.

Would you say that if I find all 120 of the shrines, I've basically explored the entirety of the map?

Last edited:

MW7

Yes the Korok is east from the plateau. He's big so you don't have to pay super close attention to see him if you're in the right area. I never got more than probably 500 Korok seeds in a run and that was plenty to upgrade your inventory a lot. I forget the exact number, but a sizable percentage of the 900 seeds are not used for inventory expansion.

Impa gives you something good if you finish her requests, but it may take some time to collect or find the things that you need for all the rewards. The place she sends you also has useful upgrades, but they can also take time to collect what you need for the upgrades. It would be worthwhile just to play things out to see what you need to collect so that you have an idea when exploring the rest of the world.

If you've found 120 shrines, you've seen almost everything. They are everywhere and some are well hidden. If you do a sweep of the map, you might find 60 of them easily and 100 of them if you are investigating closely. Some of the rest you need to talk to the right person or notice something suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom