• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Zelda Wii Picture Full Quality

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Not really all that appealing to me - looks like some nice fanfic/fan art rather than an actual game cover. I'm guessing it will drastically change by the time the game is released, but I could be wrong. I haven't beaten TP yet so I don't really have any opinions on this as far as the TP storyline/TP sequel goes.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Not really all that appealing to me - looks like some nice fanfic/fan art rather than an actual game cover.

It was never announced to be the game's cover art, it was presented as concept art. It could just be a piece someone did to get a feel for the new character, or to get a colour palette down. It does have that TP promo art feel to it though.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I think this piece of art is great. It lets us know there's a new Zelda game coming for all of us happy fans, and there's going to be something we've never seen before, weather or not we can agree on what precisely it is. Honestly, I think the theory that the chick is the Master Sword is quite silly. At this point, there's been no storyline or anything, so I suppose it is technically possible, but the whole idea sounds strange to me. Though then again, Zelda games are known for having some quite strange elements. Considering in TP we managed to get fired out of a cannon into a desert, turn into a wolf, make friends with a creature from an alternate dimension, and make soup out of stinky fish, pumpkins and cheese, I don't think any of us should know what to expect from this game.

What I think might be kind of neat is to revisit an older game or bring it into context with the series. I noticed a few times ideas used in Zelda 3 while playing Twilight Princess, and to have another game with lots of travel to and from the Dark World would be cool, plus it might be able to explain the Dark World as having to do something with the Twilight Realm, if not the same thing. Of course, there's no backing at all for this theory, I just think it would be neat.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

A lot of people have been saying that the girl looks like the Master Sword in most aspects, and just as many people have been saying that she looks like The Wind Waker's great fairy. If these are what Nintendo intends her to look like, then both are likely true. She's probably a fairy that inhabits the Master Sword, or at least has something to do with it that's significant.

T

Tatlfaerie

I'm hoping that she's going to be Link's companion, like Navi or Midna. It would be better than having a fairy again -.-

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Looks AMAZING!
That girl reminds me of a zora...But her hat thing kind of resembles zant's hat as well. Idk, cant really decide whats what until later.
True, the picture doesnt give out really any hints as much as we would like it to.
But it makes me even more anxious to have my questions answered :)

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Ok, this is what I think of that girl:

She look like she could be the Master Sword. She looks enough like it to make you think just that. Look at her stockings. They have a criss-cross pattern like the hilt. She's got a gem in the middle of her chest, which, if I'm not mistaking, is the same as the Master Swords. Her robes look like they could be the guard. And her head is silver and pointy like the blade.

And she does look like the Fairy Queen off of WW.

A lot of people have been saying that the girl looks like the Master Sword in most aspects, and just as many people have been saying that she looks like The Wind Waker's great fairy. If these are what Nintendo intends her to look like, then both are likely true. She's probably a fairy that inhabits the Master Sword, or at least has something to do with it that's significant.
Yes, like the Fairy of Winds that inhabits the Gale Boomerang.
and DarkLink's video is so makes this theory true that it's scary. :eek:

I personally find that the girl looks nothing like a Zora, as some people are suggesting she is... but that's just me.

I also think it's a little far-fetched to say that she's the spirit of the Master Sword from how little information we actually have. Though it is possible, especially with the absence of Link holding a sword (although that could just be for the artwork... it might not be significant.)

If anything, I'd say (and to be honest, this is what I thought immediately upon seeing the artwork) that she looks like a realistic version of the Fairy Queen from WW.

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Maybe she is Link's new partner (like Midna, Navi or that talking hat from Minish Cap ).
"The Master Sword spirit" is a bit strange for the series, where the Master Sword has always been... simply a "holy" sword.

Introducing some kind of fairy-sword thing would kill the myth of 'Excalibur' the Master Sword...

I definitivly think she (or he?) will be Link's ally for the whole game, "Master Sword Spirit" or not. After all, the first picture we saw of Twilight Princess showed Link and Midna.

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
Truthfully to me she looks a lot like a twili. Im not so sure about the spirit of the master sword thing ,but i am absolutly possitive she is not a zora

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I found a pretty kool little video on Youtube of the "fairy girl" transforming into the Master Sword. Of course, this is not an official transformation or anything, but it does help to see how this theory could be possible.

Cool find! I think this is probably the answer to who she is. I also think the fact that Link's back is facing, and the girl is standing where the Master Sword would be placed on his back in a sheath has something to do with hinting at who (what?) she is.

Also, I noticed that the when the girl was cropped off, part of "The Legend of Zelda" was too, and when it formed the Master Sword, it became the actual design on the tip of it, as if the cropped part of "The Legend of Zelda" was part of the Sword!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'm hoping that she's going to be Link's companion, like Navi or Midna. It would be better than having a fairy again -.-

But the nice thing about having a fairy is that they are small and don't get in the way. Think about the Wind Temple and the Earth Temple in WW. You had the characters following you around in those levels and you couldn't walk too fast or you would lose them and you had to constantly keep an eye on them so monsters wouldn't attack them. I don't think I would like to have to deal with a somewhat full sized companion the whole game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom