• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Zelda Wii Picture Full Quality

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
My, this is nice to look at. (Just to get the record straight, I love TP's hand drawn artwork, I just hate how it was put in 3D.)

It seems like the fairy queen will be Link's sword if I am guessing right.

I also hope that the 3D art is done better this time around.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Very impressive, but I have to say I don't know why everyone says Link is considerably older in the text descriptions from the conference. He looks pretty much the same as TP Link to me. Maybe it was stated by Miyamoto that he was considerably older, and reporters just incorporated that line into the description of the image.

As for the girl, my first thought was he somewhat had the appearance of a sage from TP, but naturally, a lot younger. The second thought was the great fairy from Wind Waker as mentioned above.

All in all, it seems we won't have anythign more on this for some time. Regardless, I'm glad we got this image. It's somethign to hold onto until a trailer, which could be as late as NEXT E3...

DCMN

Hero of Internet
He looks the same as he did in TP, maybe its the height and hair?
Still, the game looks fantastic, absolutely stunning infact, and its only been that one bit of artwork.

The picture looks pretty nice. But Link doesn't look too much older.

As for the girl, I'm all for her being the spirit of the Master Sword. I just think that would be a great plot element. Maybe she would also be your sidekick once you get the master sword.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Where exactly was this picture found?

Did the source of this picture say anything about what the images meant?

Also, I'm a bit concerned with the fact that the only glimpse we have of this new game is just a sort of banner with the Legend of Zelda logo without a title. I understand the lack of title, but then why would they include a drawing of some scene from the game with the series title? You'd think we'd get some sort of concept art instead of a painting of sorts :|

S

SilverHawk01

Hmmm...Really don't know what to think :hmm: First of all HELLYEAH new zelda xD.
But srsly, the art work alone won't tell us anything. What I would get out of it is that the spirit behind Link has the forms/shapes/textures of the mastersword. That's all I can think of @the moment.
Sooooo... Just tell me whenever the release date is announced, then i'll make a countdown calendar :xd:.

Anyways, we'll just have to be patient.

A game concerning the origins of the Master Sword would be great. I didn't see the resemblance between that girl and the legendary sword before I looked closely at KokiriKirl's image, but now it does look quite possible that she could, in fact, be the "spirit" of the Master Sword. Of course, it's nothing but pure speculation right now. Some have pointed out that it looks like the fairy from WW, and I hope that that's as far as it goes, resemblance. I'm sick and tired of the WW story, and considering I hated WW altogether, I think a game concerning it would greatly disappoint me.

Here's to another Twilight Princess-like game.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
ZeldaWiiFairyQueen.png

MSS.jpg

Megamannt125

Blue Link
About the Picture...

Am I the only one who noticed the Link in the picture had Hair similar to OOT Link's hair? (Split long hair going down)
Once I get the time I will post some pictures comparing them.

N

Noed

Yes I did to!

But its a bad view really..

and do you think that person looks like a Zora or is that just me???

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Yes I did to!

But its a bad view really..

and do you think that person looks like a Zora or is that just me???
At first glance it looked like the Great Fairy in Wind Waker, then after a friend of mine pointed out some things I noticed it looked like a human version of the Master Sword.

N

Noed

At first glance it looked like the Great Fairy in Wind Waker, then after a friend of mine pointed out some things I noticed it looked like a human version of the Master Sword.
I thought that but isn't the jewel in Master Sword yellow???

S

Sacha

Uhhh...what?

Uhhh...d00dz, it's totally the Fairy Queen from Wind Waker, but all teenager-looking. Just 'cause she has a diamond she's the spirit of the Master Sword? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Master Sword was made from "the bane of evil", not some fairy-thing. Soyeah. D: Not to mention, the only "spirits" associated with it were the Sages. Plural. So the game must have something to do with the fairies. My opinion. Kthx.

queenfairy.png

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Uhhh...d00dz, it's totally the Fairy Queen from Wind Waker, but all teenager-looking. Just 'cause she has a diamond she's the spirit of the Master Sword? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Master Sword was made from "the bane of evil", not some fairy-thing. Soyeah. D: Not to mention, the only "spirits" associated with it were the Sages. Plural. So the game must have something to do with the fairies. My opinion. Kthx.
Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. Maybe it has something to do with both a fairy and the sword. The Master Sword was forged by sages... so, does that enable it to have a spirit? I'm doubting that it could be the sword's spirit, but perhaps its essence. I do not, however, think this character looks like a teenager. In my opinion, it looks... ageless.

But, I'm really hoping that it's an actual person with a background story and all. And yes, Link in the Wii Zelda seems to have OoT!Link's hairstyle... but design can be reused. It often is. Still, it was made obvious that in that painting, Link did not have a sword, yet he seemed battle ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom