• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Zelda Vs Twilight Princess Zelda

Title

• SS Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TP Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
SS Zelda was more well rounded and developed. Extremely so really, full personality and everything. But compared to TP Zelda, I don't think her story role was nearly as believable.

SS Zelda breakdown:
Well rounded: sweet and adorable, playful, sassy, caring, extroverted, perfectly willing to put Groose in his place, which I find amusing as all hell. All this made for a wonderful emotional attachment that you don't see with too many characters in the game, which makes that scene of her sealing herself away in the Sealed Temple the most touching cutscene we've had in a long time. On the flip side, she's weak, and I mean really weak. Throughout the story she's just ushered from place to place by other people. I know she's constrained by destiny and all, but she's the reincarnation of the Goddess herself. I expected a bit more individual ability out of her rather than having her totally dependent on Impa and Link for protection for the entire quest. The final showdown for example, I honestly expected her to put up more of a fight when Ghirahim was performing his ritual or when Demise was eating her soul. Again, reincarnation of the Goddess, she houses the soul of the Goddess Hylia herself, I cannot come to terms with the fact that she was so incredibly weak. You can argue that her Goddess element was dormant inside of her for so long that she didn't have the strength to back, but Demise had been sealed away too, and I don't think a simple demon sword spirit like Ghirahim should have that much of an edge against the essence of the Goddess.
Spoiler free version:
She was seriously adorable, and very believable in her role as Link's close childhood friend. She had a genuine emotional value to her character. However, her role in the plot was far less believable and she was a weaker individual than she should have been given her role.

TP Zelda breakdown:
She was truly wise, compassionate, humble, she understood the concept of a strategic surrender to keep her people safe and she sacrificed herself for Midna because she knew Midna was of more help to Link than she herself was. That shows character strength. She was also brave, willing to fight alongside Link and do what little she could. On the flip side, she had so little screen time that she was practically a wallflower. The small screen time also made her come across as stiff and without a relate-able personality because we never had an opportunity to really see it. Link met up with her 3 times during the game, once to learn backstory, once to save Midna, and once to fight. She was a plot element more than she was a character.

Verdict: I like when characters are characters and not just there for plot. Even a really flawed character has more positive aspects than someone you only see 3 times in the game. TP Zelda was a lot stronger and fit into her role better, but SS Zelda was the better character.

I couldn't have summed it up better myself.

She's a teenager in Twilight Princess, too. Just like Link.

Zelda is actually around 22 years old in Twilight Princess. Yes, I know, she's actually like 5 years older than Link in TP. XD I was pretty surprised when I found out that information (this is from nintendo, so it is official). I was wondering why she seemed older and more "mature" in that game.

Anyway, I would pick SS Zelda. Her character and personality was the most fleshed out out of all the other Zeldas, and she is more of a believable character. Not to mention I actually felt an emotional connection with her and really cared about saving her. I also loved how she didn't go to Link the first time they met at the Earth Temple, and instead chose to carry on her own mission. That was something different from the what previous Zeldas did.
But if this was just appearance wise, I would probably pick TP Zelda, lol.

I absolutely love the SS version of Zelda, had a ton of personality and development. Twilight Princess's Zelda was ok but a bit too boring for me.

People saying "SS had more character blah blah blah"

SS is the first game in the series, and she's not even a Princess yet so obviously they're gonna touch on her more...

TP wasn't about Zelda, it was about midna, and TP Zelda still was badass and the fact you fought her >>>

they're two diff games, two diff stories, two diff themes, the arguing is stupid.....

i still voted for TP tho ^^

SS zelda. She had more personality, and she was actually a general citizen of the region link lives in, instead of the princess that she is in seemingly every game besides Skyward Sword. Also, she returned to blond hair, just like in OoT.

Oh wow. This is a good question! I like both of them in different ways. TP Zelda is stronger in personality & she was very helpful, but I didnt emotionally connect to her as much as SS Zelda. SS Zelda I actually cared about to the point where I had a little bit of a breakdown when she sealed herself. Yet SS Zelda was physically weaker than TP Zelda. I find that a bit ironic though; I mean the TP Zelda is stronger while being a Princess, but the SS Zelda seems weaker & she's a freakin goddess! Overall however, I'd have to say the SS Zelda is the best Zelda ever made, even if she doesnt have the triforce of wisdome yet.

S

Slim Shady

TP zelda is wise and hot in this game and a tad more helpful

Starleap

Canadian Girl
I love Zelda in SS, since she's not only Link's best friend, but she's also kick*** like Tetra was in WW.

TP Zelda was alright, but she wasn't a huge part of the story. Sure she shot a few arrows and helped Midna in the greatest time of need, but she was stuck in Hyrule Castle and was kinda boring.

And it certainly helps that she's much hotter than TP Zelda.

OpoQQ.jpg
Really? I'd have to strongly disagree on that one. SS Zelda is a little too soft for my liking

I like how SS Zelda is a major major part of the story. But TP Zelda wasn't completely irrelevant. The ending sequences of TP are just enough, but they could have done more. That's why I want a TP sequel, do they can elaborate on tp Zelda more. Also, TP Zelda is way more cool. SS Zelda really is no help to link, and TP Zelda saves midna, and pops Ganondorf with light arrows.

So in the end I like TP Zelda better, and I want Nintendo to give us more TP zelda

EDIT: whoever said TP Zelda was 22? She looks about 17-19. And I believe Nintendo confirmed that as well.

Last edited:
View attachment 22206
Really? I'd have to strongly disagree on that one. SS Zelda is a little too soft for my liking

I like how SS Zelda is a major major part of the story. But TP Zelda wasn't completely irrelevant. The ending sequences of TP are just enough, but they could have done more. That's why I want a TP sequel, do they can elaborate on tp Zelda more. Also, TP Zelda is way more cool. SS Zelda really is no help to link, and TP Zelda saves midna, and pops Ganondorf with light arrows.

So in the end I like TP Zelda better, and I want Nintendo to give us more TP zelda

EDIT: whoever said TP Zelda was 22? She looks about 17-19. And I believe Nintendo confirmed that as well.

Nintendo confirmed that TP Zelda is around 22. (note, they said "around," just as they said Link is "around" 17).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom