• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Zelda Vs Twilight Princess Zelda

Title

• SS Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TP Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Axion

1316227085657.jpg

Well? Which character have you grown to like more?

PLEASE KEEP THE THREAD SPOILER FREE

Attachments

• 1316227085657.jpg
    1316227085657.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TP Zelda, because even though she was flat, at least she didn't do what SS Zelda did. I could go off on a huge tangent and then some about how I dislike SS Zelda, but I'll just keep it at "some minor character flaws".

A

Axion

TP Zelda, because even though she was flat, at least she didn't do what SS Zelda did. I could go off on a huge tangent and then some about how I dislike SS Zelda, but I'll just keep it at "some minor character flaws".

Flat?

Look closer.

edit: Did you mean flat as a character? Oops.

SS Zelda obviously. She had character development and, well, a character. TP Zelda was just there.

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
THis is such a hard choice! These are in my opinion the two best Zeldas. However, I too must go with SS Zelda because you can really feel a connection with her in that game.

T

Tadock

SS Zelda is much better. She was very caring and also badass. Not the toughest Zelda but she did travel to all of the temples with Impa. She went through a lot!

Edit: I don't think the "hotness" of the Zelda's is a good thing to compare :/ We should focus on their actual qualities.

SS Zelda obviously. She had character development and, well, a character. TP Zelda was just there.

I could not agree more. While I liked them both...

Twilight Princess' Zelda seemed "tacked on" to the story. Her role appeared strong at the beginning; and then it just...fell off. It almost felt as though the story could have gone on just fine without her, and they (whoever's in charge of story) found cheap ways to keep her involved. They were essentially trying too hard.

Skyward Sword's Zelda was actually an integral part of the story and underwent significant character development to tie things up. It was also refreshing to see her in a more mundane role at the beginning, as she wasn't necessarily "a princess" for once and it showed in her attire. I also felt "more connected" to her.

In my opinion, one flaw exists in SS Zelda's character: she looked "weak". Ugh... That is not the word I'd prefer to use, but it pretty much sums things up. TP Zelda looked a lot more like she could put up a decent fight, which refreshingly detracted a bit of the stereotypical "damsel in distress" we are so used to. She even participated in the final battle. Sure, SS Zelda was obviously adept in magic (by the end of the plot) and she did participate in the finale, but she was not "physically there" in the heat of things, like TP Zelda. One could argue the question, however, did the whole damsel in distress thing actually "work" this time around (SS). Hmm... *deep breath* ...tangent ...tangent.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I could not agree more. While I liked them both...

Twilight Princess' Zelda seemed "tacked on" to the story. Her role appeared strong at the beginning; and then it just...fell off. It almost felt as though the story could have gone on just fine without her, and they (whoever's in charge of story) found cheap ways to keep her involved. They were essentially trying too hard.

Skyward Sword's Zelda was actually an integral part of the story and underwent significant character development to tie things up. It was also refreshing to see her in a more mundane role at the beginning, as she wasn't necessarily "a princess" for once and it showed in her attire. I also felt "more connected" to her.

In my opinion, one flaw exists in SS Zelda's character: she looked "weak". Ugh... That is not the word I'd prefer to use, but it pretty much sums things up. TP Zelda looked a lot more like she could put up a decent fight, which refreshingly detracted a bit of the stereotypical "damsel in distress" we are so used to. She even participated in the final battle. Sure, SS Zelda was obviously adept in magic (by the end of the plot) and she did participate in the finale, but she was not "physically there" in the heat of things, like TP Zelda. One could argue the question, however, did the whole damsel in distress thing actually "work" this time around (SS). Hmm... *deep breath* ...tangent ...tangent.

Exactly. She did have a sense of "weakness", for lack of better wording. She was very kind and considerate, but she did have some sparks in her persona when it comes to Link, wether it's them together, or stading up for him (Link's gotten a little lazy over the years huh). Athough, I nearly expected her to do something in the final fight, with an SS version of the Bow of Light, but we didn't get that....

Over all, they're both pretty dang awesome.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
SS Zelda was more well rounded and developed. Extremely so really, full personality and everything. But compared to TP Zelda, I don't think her story role was nearly as believable.

SS Zelda breakdown:
Well rounded: sweet and adorable, playful, sassy, caring, extroverted, perfectly willing to put Groose in his place, which I find amusing as all hell. All this made for a wonderful emotional attachment that you don't see with too many characters in the game, which makes that scene of her sealing herself away in the Sealed Temple the most touching cutscene we've had in a long time. On the flip side, she's weak, and I mean really weak. Throughout the story she's just ushered from place to place by other people. I know she's constrained by destiny and all, but she's the reincarnation of the Goddess herself. I expected a bit more individual ability out of her rather than having her totally dependent on Impa and Link for protection for the entire quest. The final showdown for example, I honestly expected her to put up more of a fight when Ghirahim was performing his ritual or when Demise was eating her soul. Again, reincarnation of the Goddess, she houses the soul of the Goddess Hylia herself, I cannot come to terms with the fact that she was so incredibly weak. You can argue that her Goddess element was dormant inside of her for so long that she didn't have the strength to back, but Demise had been sealed away too, and I don't think a simple demon sword spirit like Ghirahim should have that much of an edge against the essence of the Goddess.
Spoiler free version:
She was seriously adorable, and very believable in her role as Link's close childhood friend. She had a genuine emotional value to her character. However, her role in the plot was far less believable and she was a weaker individual than she should have been given her role.

TP Zelda breakdown:
She was truly wise, compassionate, humble, she understood the concept of a strategic surrender to keep her people safe and she sacrificed herself for Midna because she knew Midna was of more help to Link than she herself was. That shows character strength. She was also brave, willing to fight alongside Link and do what little she could. On the flip side, she had so little screen time that she was practically a wallflower. The small screen time also made her come across as stiff and without a relate-able personality because we never had an opportunity to really see it. Link met up with her 3 times during the game, once to learn backstory, once to save Midna, and once to fight. She was a plot element more than she was a character.

Verdict: I like when characters are characters and not just there for plot. Even a really flawed character has more positive aspects than someone you only see 3 times in the game. TP Zelda was a lot stronger and fit into her role better, but SS Zelda was the better character.

Last edited:
At first I would have said that I prefered the TP Zelda, because I always liked the sort of mystery and elegance surrounding her; the real princess.
But after playing SS I'm gonna go with this one, because like some mentioned this one truely has a character, she develops and you feel far more connected to her.

SS Zelda. She actually has a personality, and emotions radiating from her. Its also nice to interact with Zelda and know HER, instead of her just being someone you know OF.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
While Nintendo did a better job by far with SS Zelda's character, I'm gonna have to go with TP. I dunno, I guess just because she's the more traditional kind of Zelda with immense wisdom, or something.

I could go off on a huge tangent and then some about how I dislike SS Zelda, but I'll just keep it at "some minor character flaws".

Heh, I already know what you're talking about. Not to be rude, or anything, but I honestly don't think your reasons are all that legitimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom