• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Years Eve!

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I generally just abuse the fact that I am allowed to stay up later and play video games pretty much all night. However I do take a break near midnight to watch the ceremonies and fireworks and such on TV on some days (we don't live near any firework displays or anything) but then I just go back to my room. Also interesting to reflect on what has happened over the year as well.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
For New Years Eve, I usually just stay up until 12:00 watching the countdown, and then play video games and watch movies with family/friends. As for my resolution, I decided that this new year I want to try something new (a hobby, extracurricular activity, etc.) - something a little out of my comfort zone.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Call me boring but I never make a fuss about New Years. I don't understand what there is to celebrate and so I just treat it like any other day in winter, albeit it a day with more noise around midnight.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Cook something that pairs well with a bottle of '99 Rioja I've been saving, spend time with my wife and her sister, and celebrate the fact that the universe spared us for another year with a glass of single malt scotch.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
This year, if I don't work some ridiculous hours, I'm going to visit a friend in the suburbs, and make sure she doesn't go out of control with her drinking.

I haven't really thought of any resolutions, as I'm quite happy with my current lifestyle... but, now that I think about it, I want to work on my communication and opening up.

octorok74

TETTAC
I'm going over to my neighbor's house with my brothers to ring in the new year. Not sure if will spend the night. But we have gone over there the past two years. We usually play Halo 2 and the drink a glass of A&W Cream Soda when the new year arrives. This year my neighbor's grandson may be there too.

Not sure about resolutions. Maybe finding a girlfriend, possibly.

J

JPowers83

every time my husband and I think of going to Manhattan for New Years, I look at hotel rates and quickly change my mind! lol

I have to work that day this year, but I usually fall asleep anyway. Such a party popper here :lol:

My resolution is to show more love and affection towards the people I care about.

I live in Queens. If you go to Manhattan for New Year's Eve, stay as far away from Times Square as you can. It's not worth it. They don't even let you use the bathroom. They box you in in sections now. You can't move, you can't go to the bathroom, you're just stuck there. You can't even drink there anymore. That really sucks.

Anyway..........................right now I have no plans. I'm pretty sure my brother and my sister in law are gonna have a party. I'll probably stop by there for a little bit and come home if they do.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was going to go on a holiday with friends but they didn't give me enough notice for work :( I will probably spend it at home watching TV. Next year I'll be 18 so I'll probably go and see the fireworks in Sydney.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Pretty me and my family are gonna party up for New Year's and start countdown for 2013.

Pretty much this.... Except for the partying though lol! We typically celebrate the New Year's by watching the countdown clock, and eating donuts as a family tradition :p . Before that though, I'll most likely be playing on my PS3 or watching a Zelda marathon. Isn't someone going to be doing one this year?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't get what there is to celebrate... We're one more year closer to dying? Well guess what, I'm gonna welcome 2013 like I welcomed every other year, with a middle-finger.

On New Year's eve i'm getting together with some friends and we're going to play strip poker. Only down to our underwear, and yes there will be girls there. Then we're going to stay up and watch the countdown. Then i'm going to go home and go to sleep.

Call me boring but I never make a fuss about New Years. I don't understand what there is to celebrate and so I just treat it like any other day in winter, albeit it a day with more noise around midnight.

Pretty much this ^...

...New Year's Eve is just another day to me. I'll probably eat some junk food. Oh wait, I do that everyday; like, right now.

Joy

The Sexy One
My resolution is to lose the kilos I'm going to gain in the next week or so. ;)

My plans this year are really fun! We're having a sleepover with some friends on the 29th-30th, then we're baking a spacecake and then we're going to a party with our delicious spacecake.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I havent the faintest idea what my plans for NYE are... Ill prolly wind up in D-town kickin it with my brothers that I never get to see while one is in town from Ft Benning.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
New Years Eve? I suppose I'll be eating food, visiting my grandma and playing games. Just the usual. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom