• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Weapons

arkvoodle

Diabolical
As some of us saw, there have been several new items announced. These include:

A Beetle (works like the seagulls in Wind Waker)
The Whip (Can cut grass and catch enemies off guard, but deals no damage)
The new design sword and shield (Works just like the regular sword and shield, only with new controls)

These are only two (Three if you include the sword and shield) of the many weapons that could be announced in the coming months for Skyward Sword.

Discuss what you think of these new weapons.

I find them quite interesting. Especially the beetle. Having the ability to scan the area from above at any time is quite interesting. The ability to be able to grab items from a long distance is also worth a look.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I just hope that there will be more than 8 items in the game, from the selection screen it looked like 8 was the max. number of items in the whole game, I hope this doesn't stay like that...

I'm really excited about the beetle. It beats trying to find seagull bait. And a seagull...

While the whip doesn't do any damage, it still looks really cool. It seems like a glorified hookshot (they better not get rid of the hookshot, though...).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wonder if we'll get more items. It is HIGHLY unlikely that our inventory will be 8 max items. All Zelda games have at least 9, IIRC. The Whip seems like the whip from ST/PH (whichever), and has boomerang-like functions. I can't wait for this game.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I wonder if we'll get more items. It is HIGHLY unlikely that our inventory will be 8 max items. All Zelda games have at least 9, IIRC. The Whip seems like the whip from ST/PH (whichever), and has boomerang-like functions. I can't wait for this game.

Wait a sec, AoL didn't have nine if I remember correctly. And ST had seven and PH had eight. I may be wrong, but still.

Anyways, I think the new items are really cool. I really liked the seagulls from WW and the Beetle seems to expand on it.

The Whip is also not new to the series from this game (introduced in ST as the Snake Whip), but it still seems cool.

R

Rarulla6

The beetle looks pretty interesting, and I like how the bombs work now but nothing looks "new."

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I personally think 8 is enough. I mean you have som many weapons you don't even use so what's the deal? I like the beetle and the view you get once you use it. And the whip! I loved that one!

I just hope that there will be more than 8 items in the game, from the selection screen it looked like 8 was the max. number of items in the whole game, I hope this doesn't stay like that...
Don't assume that. Remember, TP's selection screen was similar in design and expanded as new items were acquired.

An additional thought goes with how they described it. Miyamoto said to think of it like pockets. Perhaps you can only store so many items on you at once?

I personally think 8 is enough. I mean you have som many weapons you don't even use so what's the deal? I like the beetle and the view you get once you use it. And the whip! I loved that one!
I also agree with this, however. It's been suggested (mainly in rumors, so we'll have to see how it turns out) that the game will have less items, just make them used a lot more. Perhaps that is true, and that's not that big a deal.

L

Limppu

I`ve expexted that there will be a whip in the new game :DD
I think there`ll be mor items than 8! When the slots are full new ones turn up or something like that.

just to point this out in the demo we saw link with a bow...that crushes the crossbow rumor.
It crushes the theory that the crossbow will REPLACE the longbow, yes. It doesn't count the crossbow out just yet. Many of us have theorized that both will appear, with the crossbow being a quicker, weaker weapon. With the presence of the Slingshot, that is looking unlikely however.

I still expect some kind of enemy to use one though, just as a cameo reference if nothing else.

L

Limppu

just to point this out in the demo we saw link with a bow...that crushes the crossbow rumor.

Yeah I`m very glad link unes his old school bow. I hope there will be different kinds of arrows like in OOT and maybe some new ones.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
The beetle looks extremely interesting. It kind of reminds me of the seagull in The Wind Waker. The whip is also pretty amazing. I think it would be real fun to use. x3 I'm sure they'll have one or two more items, so I'm pretty excited for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom