• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Ways of Combat

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Okay. You all know (should) know that Combat(Kombat) in a lot of Video Games tries to be unique. One way that can make Combat unique is the use of items. Items can be optiannal or essential. Rythim in battle may be another way in battle. Create a new idea. My "new" idea would be for RPG style combat like in FF games and pkmn games(shortening game titles rock). I'm pretty sure this already exists, but it would be cool to aim for a different body part and each body part counts for a certain amount of HP(Health/Heart Points). You would be able to do certain combos with this.

How about an Earthbound style encounter system, but when you encounter the enemy, the screen doesn't scroll and you just run around using your weapons and powers. Also, you can pause to use a healing item or temporary stat enhancer. For weapons like guns, bows & arrows, and other projectiles, you can hold the button down and rotate or lock-on.
Another one would be like a rock, paper, scissors mechanic with different weather effects and natural disasters like meteors, earthquakes, monsoons, and forest fires. For instance, an earthquake would absorb the monsoon through cracks in the ground, but not affect tornadoes. Monsoons should also be good against forest fires, but it'll power up a tornado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom