• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

*NEW USER* Just Want to Be Clear Here...

Sup, I'm a new ZeldaD.net user but long time Zelda fan (made my debut in 98 with OOT) and I just want to make sure I fully understand the official timeline, I'll keep it brief...

so:

OOT splits 3 ways

1. for some reason Link dies, for whatever reason he dies and this goes to ALTTP, I understand all that jazz.

2. Link is successful, Zelda sends him back to re-live his childhood, he goes searching for Navi in MM, and succeeds (whether or not he dies or w.e happens after that we don't know?) and 100(or more) after that TP comes into play (mirrored to WW ?)

3. Link is successful, but because ganon already basically ruined Hyrule and made his castle, etc, the world is flooded ---> 100 years later ---> WW (mirrored to TP)

that's my understanding of this official timeline, I left out other games because I really don't care for them all that much I'm just trying to understand this mess above.

WW and TP must be mirrored and happening at the same time basicially (in diff timelines) because Ganondorf is executed the same way at the end.

Lettme know if I'm right, school me on what I missed. Just trying to fully understand this all. THANKS

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Welcome Fame Killz, I hope you will enjoy your stay here! :)

As far as the timeline goes, I don't buy what Nintendo decided to do with it, but that's just my opinion.

Welcome Fame Killz, I hope you will enjoy your stay here! :)

As far as the timeline goes, I don't buy what Nintendo decided to do with it, but that's just my opinion.

it seems pretty acceptable to me (minus the link dying ********)

I didn't accept that at first but it doesn't bother me because the games in that timeline I don't really care for, I was just happy to see that the main 2 story split goes

OOT --> MM --> TP

and OOT ---> WW

because back when WW and TP were relevant that was always my theory. that MM and TP were in separate timelines and WW was the adult and MM and TP were the kid.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
it seems pretty acceptable to me (minus the link dying ********)

I didn't accept that at first but it doesn't bother me because the games in that timeline I don't really care for, I was just happy to see that the main 2 story split goes

OOT --> MM --> TP

and OOT ---> WW

because back when WW and TP were relevant that was always my theory. that MM and TP were in separate timelines and WW was the adult and MM and TP were the kid.

Check this out: http://youtu.be/umS4flaa-20 It helped me understand the triple timeline.

Welcome Fame Killz!

I would say that you seem to have a pretty solid understanding of the new "triple-split", official, Zelda timeline.

Just some notes:

About the "Child Timeline" (#2 on your list):

1) We don't know if Link ever finds Navi, for he is left riding in the Lost Woods at the end of MM.
2) The "Hero's Shade" from TP is confirmed to be the ghost of Link from OoT, so now we can say that he died at some point.

About the "Adult Timeline" (#3 on your list):

1) The reason the Goddesses flood the world is because there is no Link to stop Ganondorf when he returns after OoT, because Zelda had sent Link to another timeline. (I didn't really understand if this what was you said, as well.)

Even though both WW and TP are stated to happen centuries after OoT, it's more likely that TP is just some centuries while WW are many hundreds of years later (for Old Hyrule is forgotten and a new society is rebuilt in WW).

I got the impression that you already knew that the third timeline (aka Downfall/Decline Timeline) is a story that takes place if Link loses against Ganondorf during the final battle of OoT. But I just want to repeat that there is no time travel involved.

The Decisive Battle With Ganondorf

However, Ganondorf, who had held Link under observation, kidnapped Princess Zelda and took her to the castle, and, in an effort to obtain the Triforce, lured Link to him.

Once the Triforce of Power, possessed by Ganondorf, the Triforce of Wisdom that dwelt in Princess Zelda, and the Triforce of Courage that dwelt in Link became one, they would resonate together. Finally, the time had come to battle with Ganondorf.

(This is where, if the Hero of Time, Link, is defeated, another timeline will unfold. Please turn to page 92.)

(Translated by GlitterBerri on glitterberri.com)

/Blue Window

Last edited:
1) The reason the Goddesses flood the world is because there is no Link to stop Ganondorf when he returns after WW, because Zelda had sent Link to another timeline. (I didn't really understand if this what was you said, as well.)

after WW? you mean OOT right? and it's obvious now, that Link died after MM in the lost woods and became the heros shade stalfos, but in the adult timeline that doesn't occur, why didn't Link "return" again? because he's not in that timeline anymore? (oot link)

Originally Posted by Fame Killz

after WW? you mean OOT right? and it's obvious now, that Link died after MM in the lost woods and became the heros shade stalfos, but in the adult timeline that doesn't occur, why didn't Link "return" again? because he's not in that timeline anymore? (oot link)

I was of course referring to "after OoT", or in other words: "The reason the Goddesses flood the world is because there is no Link to stop Ganondorf when he returns after OoT, in the WW back story, because Zelda had sent Link to another timeline".

/Blue Window

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom