• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Trident Theory

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
You have TP on the adult timeline and WW on the child timeline. I don't know if that's a mistake or not, but it's already been confirmed the complete opposite.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
You have TP on the adult timeline and WW on the child timeline. I don't know if that's a mistake or not, but it's already been confirmed the complete opposite.

Oops. Yeah, it's a mistake. Well, actually, My timeline is just flipped, and I forgot to move MM. Thanks for catching that. Fixed it.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

You get +9001 for putting Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland in there. I haven't played it, so I have no idea how it influences the timeline. I'm a bit iffy about putting the comics in there. I'd say Tingle is more canon.

Ganon obtaining the trident as a basis for continuity is an interesting way to think of it. In a way, that seems to sit right next to my own theory of Ganon and Ganondorf not being entirely the same being. Nintendo's leaving sort of a gap there for us to fill in.

There are a few groupings (as in, having the same or generation) that I don'g agree with. I don't think the Oracle games have the same Link and Zelda as A Link to the Past, and, even if they did, the Oracle games are generally put between A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. Also, I think Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures feature the same generation, though that doesn't make a huge difference.

It looks pretty good, though. Maybe I should put my timeline up on Zelda Wiki...

www.zeldainmypocket.com
You get +9001 for putting Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland in there. I haven't played it, so I have no idea how it influences the timeline. I'm a bit iffy about putting the comics in there. I'd say Tingle is more canon.

Ganon obtaining the trident as a basis for continuity is an interesting way to think of it. In a way, that seems to sit right next to my own theory of Ganon and Ganondorf not being entirely the same being. Nintendo's leaving sort of a gap there for us to fill in.

There are a few groupings (as in, having the same or generation) that I don'g agree with. I don't think the Oracle games have the same Link and Zelda as A Link to the Past, and, even if they did, the Oracle games are generally put between A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. Also, I think Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures feature the same generation, though that doesn't make a huge difference.

It looks pretty good, though. Maybe I should put my timeline up on Zelda Wiki...

TRR doesn't really influence the timeline as much as it meshes with it.

Being quite involved with the wiki, I can state that we are now considering the comics as "ambiguously canon". They were mostly considered non-canon, until it was brought up by myself and a few others that there was really no reason to call them non-canon until there is evidence that says otherwise. But I digress...

The differences you mentioned aren't really set in stone. OoX could be the same link, but not necessarily. Also, FS can be moved anytime between TMC and FSA.

Just wondering if this was a mistake too -

"When Link doesn't return from Termina, Hyrule is flooded, explaining why there are islands in TRR, TWW, and PH. The land then drains, likely in ST."

But in your timeline MM is on the child side and so wouldnt influence the Adult side or is there an explanation.

I also believe Tingles Rosy Rupeeland is canon as is any Nintendo or Nintendo supervised game. For me FPTRR, Tingles Balloon Fight DS and Link's Crossbow Training are all canon (spin-offs or not).

Could someone please tell me what the valiant comic stories were cause im interested in them now (canon or not)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Just wondering if this was a mistake too -

"When Link doesn't return from Termina, Hyrule is flooded, explaining why there are islands in TRR, TWW, and PH. The land then drains, likely in ST."

That quote is so wrong... I mean, Link going to Termina already happens in the Child Timeline, so, nothing that happens there influentiates the Adult timeline, imo.

I also believe Tingles Rosy Rupeeland is canon as is any Nintendo or Nintendo supervised game. For me FPTRR, Tingles Balloon Fight DS and Link's Crossbow Training are all canon (spin-offs or not).

You are wrong.
Let me catch it up.

Apart from FPTRR, wich has a story, and I also believe that it is canon, Here goes:

Tingle's Baloon Fight has absolutely NO story.
Balloon fight with Tingle serving as character, period.

Link's CrossBow Training: All stages are directly taken from TP.
It has no evidences that make it canon.

Woah Skull Kid dont be so hasty I havent been on here long but I already know that in 99% of cases you cant just write "You are wrong" especially on debatable subjects such as canonical items.

Tingle's Balloon Fight DS does have a story (not much of one but it does) which goes along the line of the Balloon Fighting spirit of the Bosom Oak challenges Tingle which he then proceeds to do so. Also in the game you can clearly see Tingle Tower aswell as a heavily flooded area in the background placing this around The Wind Waker in the timeline so why not place it as it doesnt confuse any points and it simple to place.

Link's Crossbow Training likewise is simple to place so why not place it as Link clearly has his hero's clothes, bow etc. so takes place after Twilight Princess clearly.

Some people place the SSB games in their timelines, others put in the CD-Is and others put in the comics and to me I believe these games are as canon if not more so than all of these (no offence to anybody)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Woah Skull Kid dont be so hasty I havent been on here long but I already know that in 99% of cases you cant just write "You are wrong" especially on debatable subjects such as canonical items.

Tingle's Balloon Fight DS does have a story (not much of one but it does) which goes along the line of the Balloon Fighting spirit of the Bosom Oak challenges Tingle which he then proceeds to do so. Also in the game you can clearly see Tingle Tower aswell as a heavily flooded area in the background placing this around The Wind Waker in the timeline so why not place it as it doesnt confuse any points and it simple to place.

Link's Crossbow Training likewise is simple to place so why not place it as Link clearly has his hero's clothes, bow etc. so takes place after Twilight Princess clearly.

Some people place the SSB games in their timelines, others put in the CD-Is and others put in the comics and to me I believe these games are as canon if not more so than all of these (no offence to anybody)

You cans ay "You're wrong" to someone who really is.

The are lots of things in LCT that show that it is not canon, starting with it's box, that says that the stages are TAKEN from TP.

Bosom Oak is NOT a Zelda universe character, so, I pretty much killed your theory.

As for placing SSBs on the Timelines?It is a bit of absurd.
That would make Soul Calibur II also canon, and other games where Link appears.
And, in that "spirit", then FF1 would also be canon, cause there is a grave that says: Here rests Link.

The only canon games are:

LoZ
AoL
ALttp(GBA VERSION)
LA DX
OoT
MM
OoA
OoS
WW
FS
FSA
MC
PH
TP
ST
And possibly FPTRRL.

Im afraid Im going to have to disagree with you there and say for my timeline your wrong as they are both Zelda games (spin-offs yes but so is FPTRR which you think is canon) Is that not picking and choosing what games you want to include in the series like some do with the capcom games. They take place in the Zelda Universe and so are canon to me as are all their characters (Bosom Oak)

The fact that LCT takes place in the Twilight Princess locations just mean that they are so close together in the timeline that the locations ahvent had time to change. Anyways Im ending this as we are getting off topic here as this is supposed to be about the trident.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Woah Skull Kid dont be so hasty I havent been on here long but I already know that in 99% of cases you cant just write "You are wrong"

Skull Kid and myself have a knack for finding that rare 1% case where you can say "you are wrong."

I'm gonna have to agree with my buddy, Skull Kid, on this one.

Simplicity doesn't make it true. Maybe it's made to be so simple BECAUSE it's not so supposed to be connected. Why complicate something unrelated?

Like Skull Kid said, the box clearly states that the levels are taken FROM TP. It doesn't say that this is something that happens during TP. This is just a gimmick to get people to buy the wii blaster.

If you placed the SSB games in the timeline then that would mean every single nintendo character in all of those games live in the same universe.

Are you seriously suggesting that the futuristic world of Captain Falcon is somewhere near the medieval world of Link? Wrong.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
SSB can't be a part of any timelines (Zelda or Mario or Metroid or whatever) since it outright states that it is the Master Hand playing with little statues or toys of the Nintendo characters. The whole thing takes place on a desk, just it appears to be taking place in Hyrule (for one example) because it's the Master Hand's imagination making it this way.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
I'll read your timeline soon, but for now I just want to say a quick word about FPTRR:

While I used to hold it as canon, and include it in my timeline, I've changed my mind about it. One of the game's developers stated that the references to mainstream Zelda games were just to "make Zelda fans smile".

This developer states that she herself doesn't have much experience with playing the Zelda series, and that when developing the game, they made references to the mainstream games in such a way that it wouldn't confuse newcomers, but (as previously stated) would make the hardcore fans smile.

From that I gather that the references are not meant to be storyline relevant.

"Are you seriously suggesting that the futuristic world of Captain Falcon is somewhere near the medieval world of Link? Wrong."

At no point in my post did I say I personally believe that SSB games or Soul calibur etc. take place in the timeline I said others do but not me.

I can't see what the big fuss is about the games I consider canon as its my opinion and it doesnt hurt or complicate the timeline I just like to place all the Zelda games in the timeline and this includes to me LCT and TBF. Theres been more talk about my ideas of canon games than the actual topic.

Nintendo have not said these games are canon and they have not said they are not so at the moment I choose to place them in my timeline until the point they do so (maybe not even then just a larger more impressive timeline theory)

"Like Skull Kid said, the box clearly states that the levels are taken FROM TP. It doesn't say that this is something that happens during TP. This is just a gimmick to get people to buy the wii blaster."

I didnt say it takes place during TP I said it could take place after due to the items he has and the way the location has not changed. But yes that is what the game was made for to promote the blaster but it does not take away that my theory could easily be justified

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I was making a comparison to canonizing LCT and TBF was pretty much the same as canonizing Soul Calibur II and the whole SSB series.
You are wrong but you are being too stubborn to admit it.
There is NO SINGLE proof of evidence both in LCT and TBF to make anyone(apart from you, but I am not counting you) consider it canon.
And what items does Link have in LCT that make you think that this game is after TP?
Enlighten me, please.

On a sidenote: from your point of view, maybe even the cd-i should be canon, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom