• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler New Trailer

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:puppy:
At GDC just a few moments ago, Nintendo showed a new trailer of Skyward sword! This trailer included a few new puzzles a new character a new design for the logo, and a new item. Please post your reflections and overall what you think of the trailer. I will post a link when I can :)

Djinn

and Tonic
The Hylian eagle logo on the temple door was interesting.

And now the very vampire-ish looking teleporting character has my interest. Reminds me of Alucard in some way. Now I'm thinking that the interlopers might just have a part in this story somewhere.
97531496.jpg
gildedsword.jpg

Very interesting....

Here is the trailer for anyone who want's to see.

[video=youtube;qv0eFTpT8no]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv0eFTpT8no[/video]

Last edited:
Anyone Catch the New Trailer from the Live Feed?

Well, the live feed was acting up at the time the new Skyward Sword trailer was playing. I caught the end starting from when Link was fighting a multi-armed boss and a fairy-looking woman snapped and disappeared (possibly the Skyward Sword's spirit?).

I will check it out later if they release it, but until then, use this thread to discuss what they showed. What do you think? The graphics look as if they have already seen a revamp, but I only caught the last few seconds of gameplay. What did I miss?

Dude, those enemies look HARDCORE! I love that Moblin! With the big wooden shield! I want to watch it again! Where can you find it? Will Nintendo release it on their website?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
If I were you guys right now, there's a rerun of the GDC : http://gdc2011.nintendo.com/#

Go there now, to see it again, just wait 45 minutes ;)

But enough of that, I saw it and yeah it blew me away, though now I want to start speculating. I'll list down what I saw and note the things to take notice, I'll put it in a spoiler tag to not spoil those who do not want to know the game yet. Read at your own Discretion.
I've seen many monsters, mechanical ones at that. Some Lizalfos and some Stalfos, and I saw a Four armed one at that.

Seen a mini-game of Link cutting, what seems to be, Bamboo. And maintaining on how long you can cut it. Sounds fun, yet it feels so tiresome.

I also saw that Link was not using the Master Sword at the start of the trailer, meaning he'll get it later on.

The way of killing baddies are also emphasized, heck I even saw Link on a tightrope while swing his sword on an enemy coming from the other ledge! Weak points are obvious, swing the sword in that direction will only hinder you, if you get tired of playing.

There's a new meter, the shield meter. It shows you how long you can defend yourself, kinda like the Magic meter. And I assume when it depletes, your out of luck defending from attacks.

Here's the best bit, the new villain, or so I assume, has revealed his face. No name was given, but he looks like a crossover of Vaati's hair and Zant's garb, with the ability to teleport like the Twili.

Over all, it will be, one of the games that will make Zelda, great.

Here are my speculations from that video alone, and since it will contain details of the video, I'll hide it in spoilers to avoid spoiling people.
I've seen the new man, a villain who looks like Vaati and Zant. What's to note that his teleporting reminds me of the Twili. Hence, we could see what the Great spirit Lanayru was talking about in Twilight Princess, about the interlopers. I don't know the name but it's safe to assume that we will see how the mighty twili have fallen.
Another would be that his clothing style is like the Gilded Sword, which Djinn has pointed out to me in one of the Shoutbox discussions. I say he could be Zubora and Gabora's ancestor.

Another is that in the dungeons looked liked the tower of the Gods from Wind Waker, it showed signs of Gohdan-like patterns, machines that move and attack. We could see the origin of the Tower the Gods, before it was sunk into the great sea.

I noticed the Desert portion and I can't really say anything about it, except that there seem to be structures there. If it could explain the whole Gerudo race, their ideals and their beliefs, it could shed some light, or it could be the Arbiter's Grounds that are intact.

Last edited:
I see a bunch of familiar enemies and i see some new enemies, but what really caught my eye was the man with white hair and eye shadow on there, it may seem a little obvious but im thinking he's the main villain.

S

Sturgeon

Apparently the Master Sword is to be gotten during the adventure, and not from the start.

The blue girl featured in the concept art is going to be a helper, as you press down on the D-pad to access her.

Idk what the "shield-meter" is about though.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I see a bunch of familiar enemies and i see some new enemies, but what really caught my eye was the man with white hair and eye shadow on there, it may seem a little obvious but im thinking he's the main villain.

That's what I thought when I saw him.
I'm guessing he could be one of the dark interlopers basing on how he looks.
. Exciting stuff, E3 seems like an eternity from now.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Eeep! So many questions! So many things to see and look at! D:

Here are my overall thoughts;

Although there are many features, i'm mainly going to focus on the mechanical aspects, and the new figure in the trailer.

New Figure;

This could possibly be the villain, who sports very odd aesthetics. Such as pale skin, and the multicolored cloak, which rather resembles a sword in MM. (Thanks to Djinn for that). The figure, in my opinion, rather resembles a jester, though using very twili like teleportation powers. Judging by his/her garb alone, it can be assumed that the figure is the sword, which implies that this sword, the master sword, and probably all other swords in the Zelda series were once alive. :O

Mechanical Aspects;

There are alot of mechanical features shown throughout the trailer. Mainly enemies and hostile elements. Though doors can also be included.

My own theory is that the mechanical aspect may be borrowed from the Mother series. The figure in the trailer could be the main villain, who travelled through time with technology to be able to conquer the past, ultimately altering the future. The architecture itself, (at least the mechanical beings and figureheads) are very thai style. Though that doesnt mean much. Unless it is the architecture of the interlopers. There's not much more I can take from this.

So, overall, amazing trailer. I can't wait for the actual thing! D:

EDIT:
I just noticed something. At around 00:50 in the video, there is some sort of portal opening in the thai/mechanical figurehead/body. Is this some sort of portal to the future? Or a portal to another realm?

at 0:08 look at the remote, you can see zordana.
at 0:17 look at the item slot, you can see anew item

Last edited:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I gotta say, wow..... Also, did anyone see the shield-like meter? I for one think obviously it has something to do with your shield's strength.

As for the human-like being, he strongly resembles the Skyward Sword spirit, he has a similar skin tone, a similar cloak as well. Also, I think he has something to do with the interlopers, because he uses teleportation thing that has very similar particle effects like the Twili realm.

But I gotta say... thank you Nintendo for giving us something new!!!

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
Did anyone notice the dungeon view around the Beetle? Whoa, the graphics are amazing. But do the bosses have names 'cuz I watched the demo for the scorpion and saw no title whatsoever?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is completely awesome! I'm mostly interested in that pale character, though. As many have probably figured, he might be the main boss. And the challenge is certainly on with his apparent ability to teleport.

As for another thing I noticed and didn't see mentioned: That shadowy figure in the background of :32 or :33--puzzling but familiar. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom