• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New timeline dropped

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Link didn’t fail to defeat Ganon though, he kills Ganon on the ruins of Ganon’s Hyrule Castle.

View attachment 77429
The current Nintendo fanfiction is that there's a secret unseen version where Link loses to Ganon at the end of Ocarina of Time. No, there isn't anything in the series implying any such event took place.

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
this is quite literally nintendo's own explanation of what causes the downfall timeline
yes, it's as baffling as it sounds
I hate retcons, hence con in the word.. (con)trary to what we actual saw happened.

The current Nintendo fanfiction is that there's a secret unseen version where Link loses to Ganon at the end of Ocarina of Time. No, there isn't anything in the series implying any such event took place.
I am starting to understand the ire I am hearing from classic Zelda fans.

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
to be fair, back when oot came out, it didn't quite fit into alttp's backstory either, this just serves as a (bad) explanation
I thought OoT is a whole other timeline anyway that does not effect the others. Zelda even asks for it to be reset so Link can have his childhood back.

What explanation was needed? OoT when you finish it didn’t happen according to in game, that is the dark future Ganon created was erased.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I thought OoT is a whole other timeline anyway that does not effect the others. Zelda even asks for it to be reset so Link can have his childhood back.

What explanation was needed? OoT when you finish it didn’t happen according to in game, that is the dark future Ganon created was erased.
The canon explanation for a hot minute was that Ocarina of Time created a split timeline leading to a fork in the timestream.

1) In the first first Link is sent back in time by future Zelda and does unclear things leading to a prematurely defeated Ganon. This is the timeline where Twilight Princess takes place.

2) In the second fork, the doomed timeline continues to live on. Ganon is sealed away and things begin to recover, but he eventually returns. This is where Wind Waker picks up.

The issue was that Nintendo invented a nonsense third timeline for Hyrule Historia that doesn't exist anywhere in the games and is never hinted at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom