• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Terrain

jack546

The chosen one
if you were to desingn a zelda game what would the terrian be like personaly I would like a vast desert full mini boss battles

jack546

The chosen one
zelda is a family game with the odd scary game then agian you always need the odd scary doengeon like the shadow temple in Oot and the tower of the gods in tww did you think they were scary?

Last edited:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
A jungle. We've got plenty of forests but I want to see a tropic. Could give you some nice climbing action and brightly colored enemies. Not sure what the dungeon item would be though...return of the bug catching net? :P

G

gordonbishop

zelda is a family game with the odd scary game then agian you always need the odd scary doengeon like the shadow temple in Oot and the tower of the gods in tww did you think they were scary?
Since when is Zelda considered a family game? I'm not trying to make you feel dumb for typing that or anything, but Zelda's usually something that I'd play when I'm trying to get away from the family.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
OK, so maybe my original suggestion was a little too creepy? I just came up with another idea. How about an outdoor temple? I'm not sure how you could incorporate it, but maybe involve a night-and-day aspect. Certain things happen at day, others at night such as different enemies, certain rooms acting differently to sunlight or moonlight. Almost like the Stone Tower Temple in MM, only maybe you don't have to leave the temple to activate the differences. Sounds cool, although I have no idea how they would do it. Seems like a good place to give out a bow, or light arrows.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Gordonbishop, by "family game" I think they meant "family friendly", ie, good for all ages. Not necessarily something you play together.

Bbevington, your dungeon sounds like a good place for the sun's song. :)

I forgot that I wouldn't mind the return of an ocean/sea in a future Zelda title. Similar to WW but only one area instead of the entire world. We could either sail or else stow away on a boat. Maybe that's how we get to my jungle, heh.

The Castellan

Going bump in the night.
Here's what I'd make.

I would have a large area of ruins and traps all over. And one would have to do various mental puzzles or riddles to get through....and that's just to get to the dungeon or palace.....gets even worse inside. :cool:

And I'd love to see something like this in game.
Skull..jpg

skull3..jpg

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'd probably design something like in one of my fanfics - a huge desert. However, unlike the Gerudo Desert and other deserts we've seen in the series, this desert would look like where I grew up - Arizona. There'd be greasewood bushes and saguaro cacti everywhere. And dwellings would be coated in adobe or made of worn wood. In short, the setting would look like a western movie.

Though I *love* the crypt idea. Perhaps a grand catacomb full of skeletal things, redeads and spider-enemies?

Kazumi

chagy
I'd really like a more tropical jungle type place (I believe a member above mentioned this). Possible something like Just Cause 2. It would have to have plenty of jungle, with vibrant colours, but also some more urban areas. You know, towns and things. And also some nice rich blue fresh water. And maybe even some mountains and a desert.

Really, I'm imagining a 3D Link's Awakening, but with a bigger island and a bit more variety. And a port town for god sake. Does Zelda have something against the Ocean (Barring Great Bay)?

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
What I'd like to see is an enormous mountain- one covered in some sort of ruins or unfinished architecture that allows for smooth transitions between dungeon and overworld. Kind of an alpine setting- it would work best if we had a more acrobatic Link this time around, allowing him to jump between ruins and the trees, perhaps with a hookshot or Roc's Cape or something. A place that doesn't restrict your movement, but rather makes you find out which areas will help you progress- preferably with enough restriction to keep it from becoming the sort of empty sandbox that plagues a startling number of Xbox and PS3 titles.

I'll like to see some nicer, bigger swamp areas. Swamps are nifty, face it.

Seeing a mansion would also be fairly intriguing. Perhaps a mansion dungeon? I don't believe we've seen something like this before.

Some more intriguing experimentation with highlands might be nice, like some more authentic mountains but also canyons, passes and cliffs. And some bigger, more detailed ruins (of towns or temples) would be excellent. And finally, perhaps some real underground areas? I'm not talking some cavern dungeon, or a little grotto. I mean like a full network of underground tunnels. That'd be sweet. An underworld. :D

Seeing a mansion would also be fairly intriguing. Perhaps a mansion dungeon? I don't believe we've seen something like this before.

In my opinion, we have seen a mansion dungeon in the form of the Snowpeak Ruins, but it depends if you see that as a mansion or not, but I highly doubt that it's a house or a castle.

If I were to design the terrain it would be an underworld, in which Link have to travel around through a large cave like system, something similar to what is found in Gears of War 2. I think it would be a nice change and it would change greatly from the usual Overworld that we are based on.

I don't really know outside of that, maybe an overworld filled with hills and mountains in which Link can only move on paths found between large towns, this would also present a large change to the current Overworld we are seeing in the newer games. I think it would be cooler if Link could actually go into a temple or two found within the structure of a large city.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I would like to see some sort of Hell. Where all the evils Link has ever banished reside. It would be full of re-deads and skeletal enemies. Poes and brand new demon enemies. It would have many craggy rock formations, lava spewing mounds...etc.

Link would be sent there to retrieve something...or for some other random reason. Maybe he falls through a portal that leads to there?

Anyway. Other than a hellish nightmare world, i'd like to see some form of ruins, atop a mountain...that floats. Like in the movie Avatar.

It wouldn't be covered in snow, just plain rock.
The ruins would overlook the entire overworld, which would consist of lusious forests and vast blue lakes.

The dungeon itself would be inside the mountain, and when Link completes it and is about to get the key plot item, the villain of the game would come in, take it and destroy the floating mountain, causing it to crash into the earth below.

They'd be my dream trerrains. The Crypt (as suggested by several members above) would also be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom