• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Terrain

D

Dark Nut

I would like a water world like the one in WW, but with bigger islands, and an easier way of running into islands that aren't central to the main quest. Also there could be a lot less water between islands, but there would have to be just enough to make sailing an important part of the game. The extra islands could have much more depth, and there could be many more people scattered around on the islands. There could also be a water temple that actually floats in the water, which could lead to some interesting puzzles. I would like it more if Hyrule actually was this place rather than Hyrule having been flooded over like in WW though, because then the game could play more like a traditional zelda game with Hyrule castle and castle town.

In my opinion, we have seen a mansion dungeon in the form of the Snowpeak Ruins, but it depends if you see that as a mansion or not, but I highly doubt that it's a house or a castle.
Ah, good point. I forgot about Snowpeak Ruins. And yeah, that was definitely a mansion.

I was thinking more along the lines of having a gothic-style haunted mansion type area, like at night or whatever. I think that would be wicked.

K

kyuupid

And some bigger, more detailed ruins (of towns or temples) would be excellent.

YESPLZ. Some bigger ruin areas would be great, and it would be neat if I could make it in some kind of connection with an earlier (according to time-line) game, like they did with the ruins and Link's statue in Wind Waker. I loved the nostalgic feeling I got from those ruins. <3

Well, I actualy am designing a zelda fan game. I am making this area that is an extended Castle Town. 10% of the prgress is working on the town, we made it quite large. There is an area for the common folk. To the north are shops and the rich people's town. To the east of both of those is a dock, and the west of both of them is a graveyard and a windmill. The windmill still is not done.... That is the most procrastinated area ever.... I also had a beta element idea were there is a place called New Clock Town that is inhabited be Dekus and Hylians, but the thing is, it is in hte middle of nowere in the desert. That idea was scrapped though.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I want a giant underground city, maybe with a new race of mole-like people living there? And instead of falling down a canyon and just respawning at the top, you land in the underground city (But with a portal that takes you back to the top of course)

jack546

The chosen one
hylianbeast im asking for what you would do if you were making a zelda game what terrien would you use for one area

D

Da Bunni Hood

Hell- if you have ever played Diablo II, you know what I mean XD. There are a bunch of minibosses and at the end is a big palace where you have to fight three minibosses to face Diablo :P

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
A beach kind of like the Great Bay area, but more vast, and the dungeon entrance is on an island, but you can't just swim there because there are sharks or some other carnivorous fish in the water. You need to go by ferry, but have to complete a mini quest before the ferryman will take you (I'd have to think a little bit about what the mini quest would involve). The dungeon itself is the obligatory water-based dungeon of the game.

i'd love to see a huge haunted catle, like some sort of haunted house but much bigger and much more deadly. the boss could be some sort of grim reaper or something. another one i'd like to see is one with lush forests, some waterfalls and rivers, and ancient ruins. kind of like a movie set for an indiana jones movie or something like that. it'd be a good place to give out a hookshot. the boss could be an ancient statue, like godhan.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I would like to see some sort of Hell. Where all the evils Link has ever banished reside. It would be full of re-deads and skeletal enemies. Poes and brand new demon enemies. It would have many craggy rock formations, lava spewing mounds...etc.

Link would be sent there to retrieve something...or for some other random reason. Maybe he falls through a portal that leads to there?

Anyway. Other than a hellish nightmare world, i'd like to see some form of ruins, atop a mountain...that floats. Like in the movie Avatar.

It wouldn't be covered in snow, just plain rock.
The ruins would overlook the entire overworld, which would consist of lusious forests and vast blue lakes.

The dungeon itself would be inside the mountain, and when Link completes it and is about to get the key plot item, the villain of the game would come in, take it and destroy the floating mountain, causing it to crash into the earth below.

They'd be my dream trerrains. The Crypt (as suggested by several members above) would also be great.

Although I think that'd be really cool and I'd love it because I like the darker games the best, I can't see Nintendo ever doing that. Nintendo is a more family-friendly company. If this was COD or Halo or GoW I could see it happening but not Zelda. :( Plus Nintendo got rid of the cross from earlier Zelda games because of religion and they got rid of real holidays from Animal Crossing because it offended people. They brought them back with City Folk but had them renamed to fake names so they can't be accused of celebrating christianity or whatever. Nintendo wouldn't put religious references. Well... they DO have godesses. Maybe I just contradicted my whole point. Fml..

I would like a water world like the one in WW, but with bigger islands, and an easier way of running into islands that aren't central to the main quest. Also there could be a lot less water between islands, but there would have to be just enough to make sailing an important part of the game. The extra islands could have much more depth, and there could be many more people scattered around on the islands. There could also be a water temple that actually floats in the water, which could lead to some interesting puzzles. I would like it more if Hyrule actually was this place rather than Hyrule having been flooded over like in WW though, because then the game could play more like a traditional zelda game with Hyrule castle and castle town.

The first half of what you said sounds like Phantom Hourglass. Sailing is still improtant but islands are bigger and closer together.

Well, I actualy am designing a zelda fan game. I am making this area that is an extended Castle Town. 10% of the prgress is working on the town, we made it quite large. There is an area for the common folk. To the north are shops and the rich people's town. To the east of both of those is a dock, and the west of both of them is a graveyard and a windmill. The windmill still is not done.... That is the most procrastinated area ever.... I also had a beta element idea were there is a place called New Clock Town that is inhabited be Dekus and Hylians, but the thing is, it is in hte middle of nowere in the desert. That idea was scrapped though.

What a coincidence! So am I! I've really only done some of the story and maps. I made a huge canyon, Lake Hylia (and Zora's Domain is right near the lake instead of the opposite side of the map.), a misty beach with big rigid black rocks (similar to Tofino, BC Canada if you've ever seen pics), and a forest and swamp, but they're more open than TP's forests. There's also going to be a desert and a mountain range (with volacno, icy mountain and tall one that reaches the clouds.)

This Hyrule is also more developed than any other one (taking place between TP and WW) It has many towns with different themes. There's a very regal town near Hyrule Castle. There's one that's near the canyon with a graveyard and many potion shops and kind of like a gypsy-feel. It's hard to explain but if you've ever been to Coombs BC (I model a lot of stuff after places near me or places I've been. Zora's Domain also feels like more of a town with a fountain and shops. There's much more but I don't want to go into too much more detail.

I didn't finish though. My idea was going to take place in the time where the great flood happened. You do a few temples then fight Ganon. After you kill him, he awakens again and the godesses flood Hyrule to try to kill him. Basically the prologue of TWW. After that you can sail to islands and stuff. My idea was that you could go back and fourth through time between before and after the flood and you could go underwater after the flood to do stuff in old Hyrule and there would be sunken towns. I thought it was a good idea until I actually PLAYED TWW and found out *SPOILER* that you actually DO go underwater and visit Hyrule Castle. My idea had already been done and I didn't even know it! Even if it didn't though, I probably would have given up on the idea anyways since I don't really want Ganon as the main villain and it'd be hard to choose a graphical style. Realistic Link (or SS Link) wouldn't work for sailing. That'd just be awkward. WW graphics wouldn't be my number one choice either because I would want the game to have an epic feel since the flood is probably the biggest moment in Hyrule's history and Toon Link just isn't "epic" (although I do like the graphical style). I'm rambling..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom