• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Super Smash Bros. Zelda and Link.

SSB Link/Zelda/Ganondorf Art Stlye?

• Cell Shaded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HD Twilight Princess

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darknut

time to panic
As most of you probably know Nintendo has announced that a new Super Smash Bros. will be released for the Wii U and the 3DS sometime in the future. My question to you is what kind of Link and Zelda art would you like to see in it? I would like to see an HD twilight princess kind of Zelda and Link like in the Wii U demo, I think it fits SSB a lot better than the new cell shaded version in Skyward Sword. Also, since we don't know if Ganondorf will be in the Skyward Sword they might not have a cell shaded version of him, besides the one in Wind Waker, and it will probably be easier to just use an HD based Ganondorf.

Last edited:
D

Deku Link

Why would they use HD based versions of them, if they were only used in a 5-second clip? I think they should use SS versions of them, and I think they should keep Toon Link in too, or possibly another version, if needed.

I would like to see the SS Link, and a return of the OoT Link, for OoT3D.

If they make another Zelda game for the 3DS in time, id prefer that Link, but for now, the SS and OoT (Adult or Young) Link would be nice.

well here's what i think, you know how in Brawl, Wario had two sets of costumes, Wario Ware and original? i always felt that more characters needed that treatment and fr Link, Zelda, Ganon, and/or Sheik they should do something like, on set of costumes are TP style characters, and the other is OOT style characters, and if they bring back Toon Link have one set of costumes be Young Link, tha way everyone's happy

maybe they will do what they did to toon link, hen still looks the same, but he is not cel shaded (talking about brawl, of course)

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Both. I want it to be the normal HD Link, but I want the option to make it the cel-shaded Link from SS. The WiiU has more power than a Wii and can handle it and put a younger version of link in there. It would be awesome to see OoT/MM link in HD!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
well here's what i think, you know how in Brawl, Wario had two sets of costumes, Wario Ware and original? i always felt that more characters needed that treatment and fr Link, Zelda, Ganon, and/or Sheik they should do something like, on set of costumes are TP style characters, and the other is OOT style characters, and if they bring back Toon Link have one set of costumes be Young Link, tha way everyone's happy

Yes. I think this is a fantastic idea. I think that the two design settings would be Skyward Sword design and the HD Twilight Princess design style. They would have identical attacks, and it would please more people. But if I had to chose one, it would be the HD Twilight Princess graphics.

Considering the fact that the Wii U is taking the leap into the world of high-definition, I think that it'd only be wise to keep the HD Zelda styles to fit with the game. It'd be nice to see Toon Link return, though.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
With the updated OoT 3DS character designs, I wouldn't be surprised if those are the versions of the characters that we see for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.
Whatever the case, the art designs will probably all be from the same game for the purposes of symmetry. If SS Zelda doesn't use magic, we may not see her as the Zelda chosen for the game. Because Nintendo likes to follow symmetry, we may not see them use SS Link for that reason, in addition to the fact that there is probably not a matching SS Ganondorf.

Personally, the OoT character designs are my favourites, so I wouldn't be disappointed to see those.

Kirino

Tatakae
The characters I want are
SS Link
SS Zelda
Ghirahim
Ganondorf

If that wouldn't work that my second choice would be
OOT 3D Link
OOT 3D Ganondorf
OOT 3D Zelda
Ghirahim

Acually i'm fine as long as Ghirahim's in it. Though it's not like they can just ignore SS. They have to at least put Ghirahim in. And if they don't, we still have trophies. Though if they do, I bet he'll have an awesome final smash, and be awesome in the Story mode if they have it. Plus there will probably be a Skyloft stage too. Plus i'd also prefer SS Link and Zelda too. This has all gotten me really excited for Brawl 4 and the Zelda stuff in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom