• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler New Story Details!

Great Find Yonatesf. So Skyloft will be a lot like Majora's Mask in terms of NPCs and sidequest. I never played Majora's Mask, but I can see this will have the fans rejoicing.
This game's plot is something like a school drama, you could say. The flying sequence at the E3 demo is Link competing against his classmates. One of them looks kind of a like a bad guy, as you saw, and he shows up in other ways in the game too, since he has a major thing for Zelda.
So there will be a romance between Link and Zelda. It's seems that Link will have very high competition.
It's the custom for each person to have one bird. Link has a red one, and it's actually a special and very rare breed of bird -- which is something that makes him get picked on, like 'Why do you get this fancy bird and we don't?!' But it turns out that you need that red bird in order to access the mainland. So the hand of fate gets involved here, like it always does in Zelda games sooner or later.
One intresting thing I find from this interview is that Link's Bird is apparently a rare breed that can land in the land below. I guess that explains why no one knows about the land below the clouds even when it's seems easy.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Wow, amazing find. :D

The bit with Link's bird was nice. You can always expect Link to have the very-rare "Loftbird" that nobody else has... XD

Kirino

Tatakae
Great find. I love how Ghirahim sounds. He seems like he'll be fun to fight, and he's probably going to be my favorite villian. I also love the Majora's Mask like characters and town, and I like how it will connect to OoT. And i'm thinking the red bird will be the same red bird on the Hylain crest.

Beeker

Wild Card
These are some interesting pieces of information. I like how this doesn't reveal too much of the story, but just gives us enough to speculate. :D

Probably the best thing here is the news around NPC interaction. If it is like it was in Majora's Mask, we'll have some great sidequests to go on, as well as bit and pieces that add to the overall story.

I also like the bit involving the fact that we may be seeing newer items like the Beetle early on in the game, instead of getting, say, the slingshot or Bow first. What Aonuma says about getting the newer items from each game at the later half/end of the game is true; In Twilight Princess for example, all of the items after the first half of the game were new, and they weren't used as much compared to others. We already see in the first dungeon(or maybe before then) that we get an entirely new item, the Beetle. I'd like to see this happen and gives us more time to play with our new items.

And about Link's bird is also interesting. Of course he'll have the super awesome/rare one. :P
Something I did notice about these birds is that while watching the flying demo with the other riders, I noticed the birds don't seem to have that long, flowly kind of tail. The only ones that do are Link's and Zelda's. Not sure if that indicates a different breed. Or something. I do believe though that because the bird is red that it could possibly be the one depicted on the Hylian Shield.

Also, as far as plot is going, I like it so far. We've gotten a little description of the story's kind of atmosphere, which seems light at the beginning. What really has me interested is this idea of Ganondorf, or at least some sign of his future presence, will be in the game. How will they tie this game with Ocarina of Time? It makes me wonder if we will areas reminiscent of OoT, and maybe even characters like Twinrova(perhaps at a younger age, they were 400 :P)

Apart from the great comparison with Majora's Mask NPC-interaction, I'm intrugued by this:

Link, Zelda and their other friends all go to the same boarding school, and you've got teachers and a principal as well. It's a bit of a different setting from previous Zeldas.
It really sounds original, and I'm very curious to see how it plays out.
Apart from that, it could tell us more about Skyloft. Since it's mentioned to be a boarding school, could it be on another island?
The village doesn't seem to have a building big enough to be a school, and if it does, are Link, those three other boys, and Zelda the only students?
Could 'Skyloft' extend to other islands, making it a city? Also, if it's in the village, it's not a boarding school.
If everything they need is in the village itself, why do they have the birds?

Vibed

must read before he posts
I'm really surprised by the Ganondorf bit. I really didn't think they would (since he doesn't really need it) give further elaboration on his origins. I'm still sure though, that he shouldn't appear, child or not, that would be just silly. Twinrova would be a nice surprise appearance though.

Strong NPC incorporation is a must. Glad they're thinking about that in SS. It's what makes MM my favorite Zelda!

Does the item bit mean we'll see the bow in the last dungeon? ;P

The rare red bird breed makes sense, considering the Hylian shield sorta glorifies the red bird.

And Link lives at a boarding school? Odd. XD

Last edited:
This info is just enough to not really tell you too much but it still gets me super excited! At first I had my doubts for this game but now my hopes are getting higher and higher this game will not fail us zelda fans i can feel it.

i feel these ideas are different and how the red bird could represent the shield from previous zelda games another mystery solved yes.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I'm pretty sure that when he said that Link and Zelda go to a boarding school, he was being figurative.

This game's plot is something like a school drama, you could say. The flying sequence at the E3 demo is Link competing against his classmates. One of them looks kind of a like a bad guy, as you saw, and he shows up in other ways in the game too, since he has a major thing for Zelda.

I could be wrong, but he says that it's "something like a school drama," not that it is.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
This was probably already mentioned, but if the bird is special, and it is almost certainly the one in the Hylian Shield, it sounds to me like kind of what the bold eagle is to USA. Like a symbol of sorts to them.

I guess that's what others were trying to get to, but if it is, what could it represent?

And the "something like a school drama" part probably means that they both want Zelda, and will fight for her.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
... Skyward Sword could easily become the best Zelda game ever... The connections with Ocarina of Time will probably please longtime fans, and the HUB town of Skyloft will please Majora fans. The sea of clouds and the upgrade system put me in mind of the Wind Waker, and it looks like they're keeping some features from Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks, like the Siren world (tears of light) and the Big Blin and whip from Spirit Tracks.

Add in all the new things that will be included in this game, and you've got the recipe for the best game in the series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom