• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New star trek movie

B

blhand26

ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, LIZARD, SPOCK! lol
LOL I love that commercial. Off the subject I know but ...

Anyways I haven't seen the movie or even a good trailer of it. (and wont until it comes out on DVD :cry::cry:)
But from what I've heard from my parents (who got to see it in theaters LUCKY!!!) and others it's awesome. Me and my mom are watching all the past Star Trek Movies so I could get familiar with this (was) new subject to me.
I love Spock!!
I'll bet my left foot the next villain will be none other then Khan. Since its a reboot, we get to see them meeting again and it will end with Khan stranded on Ceti Alpha V.
That would be SO Awesome if they did that. And smartish. (I know its not a real word)
By the way the cast of this new Star Trek movie as signed on to do 2 other Star Trek movies Isn't that cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I just posted but I have new info.
The cast of this new Star Trek movie as signed on to do 2 other Star Trek movies, but they don't have a story yet so if you MIKE POTHIER could find a way to contact the people that are involved with the story of this new movie. (I know its difficult but I was only saying if you wanted to) You could then Present this Idea to them. This suggestion is for anyone else that would like to do this as well of course.
(Just a suggestion my Mom came up with and I thought it didn't sound to bad)

Mmhm, yeah, the cast has signed for two sequels, and the script is being written as we speak. From what I've read, they're considering using the alternate reality that they've created to bring back William Shatner's Kirk, and indeed, Khan. Personally, I would like to see another movie with the Borg. With today's special effects, it could much better than First contact.

And blhand, just edit your post next time okay?

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I know I just posted but I have new info.
The cast of this new Star Trek movie as signed on to do 2 other Star Trek movies, but they don't have a story yet so if you MIKE POTHIER could find a way to contact the people that are involved with the story of this new movie. (I know its difficult but I was only saying if you wanted to) You could then Present this Idea to them. This suggestion is for anyone else that would like to do this as well of course.
(Just a suggestion my Mom came up with and I thought it didn't sound to bad)

Heh, not likely to happen. Even if I could somehow contact them, the last thing they want to do is listen to a guy with no movie experience whatsoever.

I'm sure whatever they decide to make will be fine. I just think Khan would be a great choice.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I was never a huge Trek fan, being a Wars fan myself. Although I never stereotypically hated it, I just never particularly enjoyed it. It had nothing to do with the supposed idea that if you like one franchise, you must hate the other. I am welcome to both co-existing as their own stories.

I was the new film yesterday though and I was mightily impressed. It managed to keep my interest throughout the entire film, and I walked out feeling quite excited about what I just saw.

One thing I was glad of is that they managed to make the series mainstream again. I think that the franchise was dangerously close to alienating (no pun intended) the general public. The last Trek movie I saw in theaters was with a crowd of people who were obviously die-hard fans, and yesterday there were multiple showings sold out to people who were not opening visible as fans. I was happy to see that kind of life injected back into the series.

My only real disappointment was knowing of one of the key player's involvement in the film before its release. I won't get into details staying mainly spoiler free, but they really should have kept it a secret. Seeing the reveal happen on the screen without any prior knowledge would have been mightily impressive. If you've seen the movie, you know what I'm referring to (at least I hope you would and that I'm not THAT vague!) :)

I will definitely buy it on DVD when it's released, and I plan on getting the soundtrack come the weekend. I am a big fan of orchestral movie scores, and was very moved by the new themes that were composed for this. My only hope is that they release an expanded score as the one that's out now appears to be a taste of what the entire movie held in terms of audio.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
Star Trek

Yes, I'm talking about the new awesome movie that just came out on DVD!

I think it's amazing what people can do with an old TV series when turning it into a new movie.

I never saw it in the theater, but it just recently came out on DVD, so I saw it two nights ago. I think it's kind of obvious that the timeline the "Old Spock" comes from is the timeline of the Original Series. That would explain why in the Original Series, Vulcan is still a planet and Spock's mother is still alive. It just makes sense.

Anyway, my older brother did some research, and found out that there are not one but two sequels being planned for the new Star Trek movie. There will probably be more to come.

So, have any of you guys seen the new Star Trek movie? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I think there is already a thread for this back a bit. I sort of dread sequels to this. It isn't following the Star Trek canon, so they can be more liberal with changes, but at the same time, not following the story line bores me. But, if they are anything like the first movie, they will probably be good.

Yeah, there's a really old thread about this somewhere but meh, it died.

I'm a huge Star Trek fan, so I was like everyone and had serious doubts about this movie. Why are they going BACK instead of FORWARD? I really would've liked a movie after DS9 and Voyager, maybe that takes place in the 25th or 26th century long after all of the characters from the other 5 series are dead. You know, a freash start? Well, they did just fine with a prequel.

The movie is great. I'm not ready to put it over the likes of the Wrath of Khan or First Contact, but it's better than I expected. There's loads of little things they put in there to make a long time fan like me happy, and there's enough mindless action to please the general audience too. I look forward to the sequels, and hope they can do an even better job.

And Disapearing Mist, they do a good job of keeping to the canon, and yet making their own path to do what they want for future movies. It's really neat how they pull it off.

linkman8

True and Noble
Oh yeah, I saw the movie in the theaters, and I admit that I was satisfied with it. I'll be the first to admit I didn't watch as much of the original Star Trek as I probably should have, but I know enough. But like Ver-Go-a-go-go said, First Contact was probably better, but only because that was a great film.

C

citanuzuki

Nah, my loyalties lie with The Next Generation. The Original Series was amazing, but it was a bit too cheesy to make me prefer it over TNG. Plus, TNG has Picard and Data, the two best characters evah.
i love Star Trek.i havent seen really anything of it but the original series and movies 1-6 and the new one where they are all young.all was fantastic.i loved wrath of khan and the voyage home the best.i still have yet to see alot of TNG.but i also love the original series because of 1960's style it had to it.the funny music in fighting scenes for example.makes me always laugh.my mom and dad werent huge fans of star trek but they were fans so i bassically grew up with it.But my dad loved TNG mostly.By the way,my favorite characters are McCoy,and Spock. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom