• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler New SS Creature, What Could It Be?

Djinn

and Tonic
In the recent videos a new and unusual creature was see. Very unlike most of the races that have appeared so far.

JapSiteSkywardScreen20.png

It seems to be another benevolent npc, as it does not have any evil or demonic characteristics so far I could be wrong. With a very dragon-like appearance that seems to wear a robe of some kind. Instantly I think of Valoo of WW which had a somewhat similar design although with a much more cartoonish look. The lack of a snout and a much smaller head might make it out to be something entirely different but based on the general color and design I cannot help but think water dragon each time I look at it. It would be a nice change since almost every dragon seen so far has been the red fire type like Volvagia/Valoo, including the early ones like Gleeook and Aquamentus.

file.php

I would rather not immediately jump to a conclusion like water dragon, or precursor to Valoo. However I would like to hear some other opinions. And why is it wearing a kimono/robe when no other dragon or even lizard race has ever worn clothes so far. The region of the water temple has not appeared nearly as much as the Eldin and Faron provinces so far which is another reason why I would like to include this character to it. It might be why it has not been seen at all because there have only been a few scarce screenshots of the water areas.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Creeps me out

This "thing" looks a lot like a water[y] version of dead hand... I mean look at the face, it's similar, and just the body shape... Creeps me out. Im waiting for blood to drip from it's mouth...

demonsxlr8

Join the Dark Slide! :D
It looks cute o:
really want to see what it is, from now on i won't see any more videos of Zelda Skyward Sword, i have plenty of things to entertain me now, so i'll be keeping on the images :P
i just don't want more spoilers, the last video i saw was the romance trailer and that's it, but i really want to know what this dragon is! O:

In the screenshot posted he actually looks like Ganondorf(!) to me, but yeah, what video was this in?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As you said it is probably a benevolent type NPC, not an enemy of sorts. I don't know what race it would be, it doesn't look too dragon-ish in my opinion. Perhaps it is a hermit? :lol:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I don't know about whatever video this was in, but the first I saw of it was on the Japanese SS website in the Faron Woods section:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/souj/world/FaronWoods/index.html
It was one of the pictures in the section that seem to discuss the Silent Realm. Click the Silent Realm image on the bottom right and it's one of the three screenshots in that section (if anyone could translate the text on that page, it may shed some light on this subject).

Given that it was part of the Silent Realm pictures, my first impression was that it was some unusual form of a Guardian, since we don't know how many forms of Guardians there are. On the other hand, something about it does look vaguely spirit-like, but again, without knowing what the text on the website is actually saying, we don't have any context to even begin speculating.

Djinn

and Tonic
In the screenshot posted he actually looks like Ganondorf(!) to me, but yeah, what video was this in?

It was not included in the videos but the new set of screenshots released today on the Japanese website. This was the only one to include this guy so there is no way to figure out just how Link interacted with him. As well as any scale or background, there is no way to see just where Link met him or what the situation was.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The guy's pic is in the Siren Realm section, but it also shows the forest realm being flooded, and the guy looks aquatic like. Maybe he's another water race?

I think it's a traditional Asian dragon, which are associated with water and weather rather than fire.

Since his pic is in the salient realm section, I'm gonna guss that he is a spirit that guides link In the salient realm. He was sent to teach link about the place and ways to deal with guardians. My outher guss is that he is the king of the pinguns dudes and he knows abut the salient realm somehow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom