• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler New Skyward Sword Video: Encountering Fi

AgentPerry

Hoo hoo hoo!
[video=youtube;Gv9PJ3Z23nM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv9PJ3Z23nM[/video]

Nothing much new if you've seen the last clip of newest Iwata Ask interview (except that it's in English!). Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't find any other post about this video.

I think Farore created Fi, seeing as she says Link is the one chosen by her creator and the goddess that chooses Link is Farore. It would make sense as well considering this... There is no physical proof yet that the goddess that the Skyloftians worship is Farore, but here are some of my thoughts. Farore is the Goddess of Courage and creator of life and Link always gets the Triforce of Courage. Taking a look at the Master Sword's chosen reveals a pattern. Not just anyone can wield the Master Sword, this much is stated and obvious, they first have to prove themselves. Link in WW gets the Master Sword before assembling the Triforce, this is true, but even with him assembling it it wouldn't go to him unless he was chosen to bear it. Every wielder of the Master Sword is chosen by the Triforce of Courage. Is it a coincidence? perhaps... But history is telling me and showing me that the Master Sword goes only to Farore's chosen... This video is supporting this idea in the way Fi says that Link is chosen by her creator and seeing as how Fi is the Master Sword... This isn't anything that's directly stated, but it is an interesting thought and is just an opinion based on my thoughts and observations.

Nah, I'd say you are right on the money Crash. Just curious what role the other two goddesses will play in this game. Clearly, Din is gonna end up being angry since she holds the Triforce of Power, as does Ganon.

I am eager as well to see what role the other goddesses play. Something that I would like touched on in a later Zelda game is Ganon's main weapon throughout the majority of the series which would be the Trident of Power. Considering he holds the Triforce of Power, I wonder if it could be something along the same lines that I was talking about with the Master Sword and the Triforce of Courage.

Well, I had this theory a few weeks ago that since Ghirahim and Fi share similar physical characteristics (the diamond patterns) that they are both weapon shapeshifters and that Ghirahim becomes Ganon's Trident. Not so sure about that anymore, though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Fi is becoming more of an interesting character every time we see her. Just look at that quote of hers.

According to your social customs, I should provide you with my personal description.

She's even more unlike a human than we ever thought upon seeing her for the first time. She speaks very sophisticatedly and seems as if she's programmed to know the customs of humans and such, but not necessarily comprehend them. It's like she's just done what she's told. This is one reason why I've been thinking recently that Fi was created for the sole purpose of guiding Link and was only recently brought into the world in this game. Fi is shaping up to be my favorite character in the series.

Fi is becoming more of an interesting character every time we see her. Just look at that quote of hers.

She's even more unlike a human than we ever thought upon seeing her for the first time. She speaks very sophisticatedly and seems as if she's programmed to know the customs of humans and such, but not necessarily comprehend them. It's like she's just done what she's told. This is one reason why I've been thinking recently that Fi was created for the sole purpose of guiding Link and was only recently brought into the world in this game. Fi is shaping up to be my favorite character in the series.

I don't think she's that young... I think she just resides in the sword and waits. She also mentions that she was waiting for the one chosen by her creator. It wouldn't make sense if she was just put there just in the nick of time... I do agree that she was sealed in the sword to guide the chosen one, it seems kind of implied seeing as she has many roles that look to come into play during the game and is very knowledgeable. She does seem to be really sophisticated but I don't think she's oblivious to human customs, it looks just to be the way she talks. Given the fact that she's very knowledgeable, and when you take a look at statistics of people with exceptional intelligence in that they typically have an interesting, usually advanced, sophisticated vocabulary, it makes sense that she would use words that seem out of place and often robotic.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't think she's that young... I think she just resides in the sword and waits. She also mentions that she was waiting for the one chosen by her creator. It wouldn't make sense if she was just put there just in the nick of time... I do agree that she was sealed in the sword to guide the chosen one, it seems kind of implied seeing as she has many roles that look to come into play during the game and is very knowledgeable. She does seem to be really sophisticated but I don't think she's oblivious to human customs, it looks just to be the way she talks. Given the fact that she's very knowledgeable, and when you take a look at statistics of people with exceptional intelligence in that they typically have an interesting, usually advanced, sophisticated vocabulary, it makes sense that she would use words that seem out of place and often robotic.

I didn't necessarily mean right before the events. I meant just recently, which could be a few years, maybe when Link was born.

I didn't necessarily mean right before the events. I meant just recently, which could be a few years, maybe when Link was born.

It could make sense in that aspect if she was waiting for "her creator's chosen." I figured you meant that after I posted lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom