• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New runes that you want to see it BotW 2

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
We all know there were cool gears in all Zelda games. But in BotW we had Sheikah slate with runes instead. However I think it will be reset at the beginning of the game(otherwise Link would be overpowered).
So what runes would you like to add/delete?
Instead of stasis there should be a clock rune which allows us to alter time (like in Prince of Persia)
Instead of Magnesis rune, which can pick up only metals a zonai hand rune would be great.
The cryonis rune must be removed and Link must be able to swim like a pro.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
delte all da ruins an ad da hukshoot

Honestly i was heartbroken there was no hookshot in BOTW, it would've fit really nicely into the game, hell even just adding a rope n arrow to the game would've worked well for ascending cliffs.

Realistically i'd like to see a bitter implementation of Cryonisis it acted like the sand wand in ST did and not in a good way, it didn't help with travel unless you divebombed into a large patch of water, which more often than not it ended up being faster to traverse by zora suit and stam dishes (how link eats in water i don't know)

An earthshaping ability would be kinda cool to create platforms of dirt to temporarily exist, i can imagine in an underground ruin that'd work quite nicely for holding ceilings up as link passes through.

Magnesis was actually really useful, i found myself dropping crates on moblins more than anything ^^.

Stasis and Camera rune could be merged for easier use of stasis, there really wasn't any need for it to be 3rd person stasising at all.

I'd like a clockwork guardian as a Summon Rune, in theory it could work if they based it off Wolf Link's amiibo summon and it'd work much the same, helping in combat and the like, give it some upgrades such as collecting things and away we go.

A hint rune for things like Koroks (i've no doubt they'll exist in BOTW2) it'd be nice to have something let you know a Korok is nearby.

Compass rune, remove that goddamn shiekah sensor and gives us a directional compass that is quiet

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
Adding a hookshot rune would be nice.

Sword, spear, bow and club runes would be good too so **** won't break!
including Bow runes would be a very logical move. Say even if weapons broke due impact, Bows made up of red/elm breaking with usage is absurd.

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
I think that a tune of minor healing would be nice when your in tight situations, but I guess it’s not a thing because then it would kinda defeat the purpose of hearty foods and actual gameplay. But another nice thing would be a rune to perhaps mend your almost broken weapons?

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
I think that a tune of minor healing would be nice when your in tight situations, but I guess it’s not a thing because then it would kinda defeat the purpose of hearty foods and actual gameplay. But another nice thing would be a rune to perhaps mend your almost broken weapons?
You have Mipha's heal too for that purpose.

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
Or how about a rune that gives you the limited powers of a guardian? Like the laser? Of course it should only be limited to something of two shots or so.

EDIT: I’ve thought of another one. Not sure how it would work, but i would want something related to the Iron Boots item from OOT and TP. I just want some underwater exploration.

Last edited:

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I'd personally like to see an override rune, because if there is one thing I don't like in Breath of The Wild its guardians inevitably moving over to where I am and killing me. The Idea is basically it allows the player to take control of a guardian and move it out of the way or the player can also fire the beam at enemies and/or other guardians, basically you would have to be really careless with the controls to be killed by guardians in BoTW II: The only downside is that you only get four shots after that the beam has to recharge for 30 seconds before resuming The upgraded version allows the player to fire the beam eight times also the recharge time is halved, both versions also have an idle feature that allows the player to temporarily deactivate a guardian if it gets too close, but it only stays deactivated for two minutes in the normal version, the upgraded version doubles the deactivation time to four minutes, this again is added mostly so the player has a better chance of escaping or surviving a skirmish.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
A rune that changes the weight of objects, mostly to make them lighter. For example, you use it on a certain block and now you can throw it over a big gap. Or maybe you use it on an enemy and it’s knock back increases for a while. I do feel like this is essentially Stasis, though, so I wouldn’t want this to replace it in BOtW2.

Smoke Bomb:In Botw,if you explode a bomb near you,you take damage.
what if you could not take damage and still run past enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom