• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Rule suggestion

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Can we please add a new rule about Duplicate posts, these days with the stagnation going on (I.E lack of new threads) and the rule of necroing a Duplicate post should be allowed to float around for a week before being merged into the old (if it can be found) this way at least some discussion occurs and as was once pointed out to to me some people have new thoughts about old things.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'll have a look at what we've currently got and look into drafting something more clear in the next few days. Feel free to add suggestions here and I'll look at them when I'm thinking about the rule.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Can we please add a new rule about Duplicate posts, these days with the stagnation going on (I.E lack of new threads) and the rule of necroing a Duplicate post should be allowed to float around for a week before being merged into the old (if it can be found) this way at least some discussion occurs and as was once pointed out to to me some people have new thoughts about old things.

Yeah I got spanked for posting double in things that are on your mind once. Well I do have multiple things on my mind per day/week. So why should we have to wait for someone else to post before doing so again on something completely different?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Duplicate threads of the same topic. I.E We have the big ol thread dedicated to the Nintendo Directs, but couldn't find it which lead to a new posts giving details about the recent Direct, was then reported and merged despite the fact it was generating discussion.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
You mean you want to be able to make new Threads and have them fuse with older Threads of the same topic that have since died? Just to be able to talk about the topic without too much clutter or having to search the depths of the forum for the former Thread.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Considering the fact that no one bothers to go look at the old ones anymore and the rule about necroposting exists yes. Because at least this way there might be some discussions again about older games.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I seem to have misunderstood this thread.

I thought this was about double posting in threads. So say there was a topic which I was the last poster in and then I had new information on the topic unrelated to my last post a week or a day later. I should be able to make a new post in the same topic to revive it rather than editing my old one to include the new information.

Zachie

Moo
I seem to have misunderstood this thread.

I thought this was about double posting in threads. So say there was a topic which I was the last poster in and then I had new information on the topic unrelated to my last post a week or a day later. I should be able to make a new post in the same topic to revive it rather than editing my old one to include the new information.
You didn't understand the thread.

He means that there's a current Nintendo Direct thread, but when a new Nintendo Direct comes around we should make another topic and keep them seperate for a while.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You didn't understand the thread.

He means that there's a current Nintendo Direct thread, but when a new Nintendo Direct comes around we should make another topic and keep them seperate for a while.

Right. Well in that case I'm all for each Nintendo direct having a separate thread each time. I don't see why a megathread needs to exist which only gets revived when a new direct comes out.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I think you both are missing the point. I used that one as a example, I am on about all supposed dupe threads where people make new threads that seem similar to old ones dating back ages back it either gets merged or trashed due to being a dupe. What i am on about is letting them float around and see what discussion is made, because where the point in posting in a thread you know is gonna be merged into one of the backlog or just trashed.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Perhaps it would be good to say that new threads won't be merged into an old thread (excluding sticky topics) if the old thread has gone more than x months without a reply? (maybe three months?)

Zachie

Moo
I think you both are missing the point. I used that one as a example, I am on about all supposed dupe threads where people make new threads that seem similar to old ones dating back ages back it either gets merged or trashed due to being a dupe. What i am on about is letting them float around and see what discussion is made, because where the point in posting in a thread you know is gonna be merged into one of the backlog or just trashed.
I was also using an example. We know what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom