• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Powers...?

L

Legendary Dude

Do you think Link should get new "Magic" powers? Like being able to shoot fire, ice, and/or lightning from his sword? Should this be an up-grade or not?

it would make for interesting gameplay, with enemies having weaknesses to elements and such, also, yes it should be an upgrade of some sort, whether from a great fairy or not

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
I don't think Link should. That wouldn't be very Zelda-ish.

What do you mean Not Zelda-ish? Most of the original games had magic, you could shoot fire and ice out of rods and such. This would be very Zelda-ish, and would be really cool if they brought it back.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I miss the magic upgrades from OoT such as Din's Fire, so yes, the return of magic upgrades would be definitely welcome. But first they have to give us back that magic meter. =\ It seems it me as if in recent Zelda, they've instead been trying to move away from using magic, which has me a bit worried that they'll be abandoning it completely.

Though, to be fair, SS DOES have sword beams confirmed, which is a definite plus ^^

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
Yeah, that would be nice. Especially if it has something with the story to do.

I dont like the magic too much, I hope they continue the shift from magic towards a more hand to hand combat oriented gameplay. Don't get me wrong the magic adds something to the game, but it's something that has been done. If the magic doesn't limit the combat then I don't care if it's more.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I dont like the magic too much, I hope they continue the shift from magic towards a more hand to hand combat oriented gameplay. Don't get me wrong the magic adds something to the game, but it's something that has been done. If the magic doesn't limit the combat then I don't care if it's more.

Magic has never limited the combat. The other combat options were still there when magic was. Therefore it only added to the combat.

Magic has never limited the combat. The other combat options were still there when magic was. Therefore it only added to the combat.

I know that, I just mean that I'd rather see more combat then magic.as I mentioned I don't mind the magic so long as they do not replace any extra combat options.

Ganondork

goo
Well, magic should be coming back. This is the beginning of the Zelda timeline, and magic was a Hylian trait. Link is a Hylian, so it's a guarantee that he'll have some form of magic. If he doesn't, then it won't be as interesting in my opinion.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I seriously think he should. I've always imagined Link to have powers that have to deal with life/wind since he holds Farore's abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom