• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Pokemon Spin-off Anime: Pokemon XY - Mega Evolution I

Fig

The Altruist
A new Pokemon spin-off anime has been confirmed to be airing in Japan on April 3rd. The main focus of the anime revolves around a new protagonist, Alan, and his quest to beat every single Mega Evolution with the help with his own Mega. Alongside side Alan, Elite 4 member Siebold will make an appearance and three new characters have been revealed now as Manon, Louis, and Ayaka. From the looks of the promotional art, it appears that this spin-off might be done by the team that did Pokemon Origins, but right now it is not confirmed. However there is a link for the official site right here, and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone can understand and translate Japanese. However, it seems that the character Ayaka might be meeting up with Satoshi, better known as Ash in English translations, in an upcoming movie so it might be done by the team who does the official Pokemon anime. Either way, this spin-off looks really good and I can't wait to see more. The fact that this anime will focus on Mega Evolutions is already enticing enough and I really want to see more of what the spin-off has to offer.

In order from left to right:
Alan, Manon, Louis, Ayaka, and Siebold
xymegacharactersth.jpg

Mega Evolutions:
xyspecial.jpg

More information will be provided in the future.

Source: Serebii.net

I'll give this a shot when it comes out. However, I don't like that Alan has a Charizard as his Pokemon. Come on, we already had Red & his Charizard in Origins, so why have another protagonist with a Charizard that Mega evolves, too?

Despite that, I'll still give this a watch.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I'll give this a shot when it comes out. However, I don't like that Alan has a Charizard as his Pokemon. Come on, we already had Red & his Charizard in Origins, so why have another protagonist with a Charizard that Mega evolves, too?

Charizard is one of the most liked mega evolutions maybe that's why.

Fig

The Altruist

Yes I do have to agree with what you had to say with Alan's given Mega Evolution. Sure Charizard is iconic by comparison but having another character withe same Mega Evolution as Red just makes rather bland. Maybe I could give some leniency if it was Charizard Y, but it's still Charizard at the end of the day. I would appreciate it if we can see Mega Blastoise (which I believe Siebold will have for being the Water Elite Four member) and Mega Venusaur over both Megazards. Right now that is my own complain about the spin-off but the real question is can it live up to the expectations that Pokemon Origins ended with? The team can easily make another successful Pokemon anime like Origins and I really wan to see myself at the edge of my seat, get emotional at certain scenes, and see great character development along the way.

I have a feeling that at the end of this Special (Whatever part that may be) it will finally reveal Mega Latias and Mega Latios which have yet to be officially revealed. It seems plausible seeing as this special is focused on Mega Evolutions. It would make a good twist at the end when Alan thinks he's defeated every Mega only to find out that a couple more have been discovered.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Ok so it looks like Alan's gonna have Megazardx, Siebold's gonna have Mega Blastoise, Louis is gonna have Megarchomp (or Megaggron, I couldn't really tell), and Ayaka's gonna have Megabsol. Still don't know who Manon's going with, although it only seems logical that he'd go with Mega Venusaur.

I'm halfway through Origins right now, so I'm really looking forward to this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom