• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Pokemon Revealed for X and Y Named Aurotto

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys are enjoying this wonderful morning.

It has been going around the internet that a new Pokemon has been revealed for X and Y. This Pokemon was revealed in the Japanese screening of Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening. The Pokemon's name is Aurotto is supposed to be a Grass/Ghost Type Pokemon, making it the first of its kind. Seeing this Pokemon makes me wondering if it related to Oorotto. Here's what Oorotto looks like:

orotto.jpg

And this is what Aurotto looks like:

Pokemon-X-Y-Aurotto.jpg

Here's the link to the GenGame article:

Report: New Pokémon Revealed for X & Y, Named Aurotto | GenGAME

What are your thoughts on Aurotto? Do you like the design concept? Is it related to Oorotto? Please leave your comments below and as always thanks for reading!

Source: GenGame.net

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Looks dumb.

>implying sudowoodo didn't look dumb! Blargh you're a hater!!1eon1o1en1on

Just kidding. I agree with JJ. But again, I can't play the designers. Ideas get stale eventually, and it takes a LOT for monster design.

I really don't like the fan art, it looks sorta silly to me. I really hope Gamefreak doesn't do something like this.

But has any noticed this is the second new pokemon thats been revealed thats haunted? This, and Honedge. Not sure if it means anything, just an observation.

I don't think now is the right time to make an opinion until we have officially seen this Pokémon, but from what I've heard about this Pokémon, the concept sounds promising.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I was dragged into this thread expecting to see some kick-@zz looking Pokemon and instead I find a tree. Thanks for nothing. :dry:

In truth, though, I agree, it looks dumb and it's already starting to look as if this game will feature a few pokemon that look just as stupid as those in B&W.

Learn to read. The official design is yet to be revealed. The current ones that you guys are viewing are only a rough artist rendering based on a possible two-second preview. Gee, talk about judgmental.

Anyway, it is popularly believed that "Aurotto" and "Oorotto" are one and the same—just alternative spellings of the same name, both of which are based on the Japanese spelling.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Learn to read. The official design is yet to be revealed. The current ones that you guys are viewing are only a rough artist rendering based on a possible two-second preview. Gee, talk about judgmental.

Anyway, it is popularly believed that "Aurotto" and "Oorotto" are one and the same—just alternative spellings of the same name, both of which are based on the Japanese spelling.

I still say it's gonna suck.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Although Aurotto is clearly not very aesthetically pleasing, I'm sure it'll grow to be somewhat of a useful Pokémon. As for the two being related, it's always a possibility, especially since the names and designs are so similar.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Maybe Orrooto and Aurotto are evolutions? Or maybe their the same Pokemon, which I hope is true, cause I'm hoping for an Eggxecuter or a Sudowodo evo!

orotto3.jpg

Another of the many artist-renderings of "Aurotto."
They are the same Pokémon. Oorotto (Aulotte?) is simply a possible romanization of the Japanese katakana spelling (オーロット). And again, those images are simply artist-renderings—drawn by memory—of what was seen in a short preview at the end of the newest movie Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens, which is why none of the artists can seem to get it just right. Those of you who have been with Pokémon since the olden days—in the days of Pojo magazine and such—shouldn't be new to this kind of thing.

(source)

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Pokemon have all started to look dumb, pretty much since Gen 4. I don't expect them to suddenly be awesome and not look stupid. BUT A TREE!?! They have officially ran out of ideas.

Please leave your nostalgia goggles at the front entrance. Thank you.

Pokemon have all started to look dumb, pretty much since Gen 4. I don't expect them to suddenly be awesome and not look stupid. BUT A TREE!?! They have officially run out of ideas.

Now then... How and why do people use this logic whenever a new Pokemon is released? What's worse is when they use said logic to judge an entire generation. I mean, why not a tree? How many different types of plants have there been since Gen I? Like 20 plus-ish? Keep in mind that there have been many arboreal Pokemon since then as well.

If you think that this generation's Pokemon look bad, then perhaps you should have moved on ages ago, as there have always been "silly" designs that people hate, and there always will be. It's okay if you've grown up; moving on is all a part of that process--shows that you've matured into a fine young hume. :J

I've left these little souvenirs here for you. You can pick them up at the exit:
210px-124Jynx.png
200px-122Mr._Mime.png
130px-100Voltorb.png
160px-101Electrode.png
088Grimer.png
260px-089Muk.png
200px-109Koffing.png
210px-110Weezing.png
200px-082Magneton.png
180px-081Magnemite.png
210px-103Exeggutor.png
200px-102Exeggcute.png

And all of the above are Generation I Pokemon, by the way... ;J

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hey, now, don't be hatin' on Magnemite and Magneton. Those guys are awesome.

Oh, and the difference between Gen I and Gen IV/V is that the former has a significantly smaller amount of plain-looking Pokemon, and it honestly doesn't have any that look outright dumb, whereas you look at Pokemon like Vanillite, the new Mewtwo/Mewthree, and, yes, Aurotto, their designs are just ridiculously stupid.

I'll say Gen I was no Gen III, but it's better than IV and V. And II, for that matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom