• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New OoT Speedrun (23:29)

I've never done a speedrun, as I'm more of a 100% completion (or darn near it) guy. The only speedrun I've watched of Ocarina of Time is the one with a couple million views on Youtube done in about two and a half hours.
Wow... 23 MINUTES... that seems absurd. I don't get how glitching through Gohma door = Skip to cutscene after Ganondorf battle, though. I mean, I don't know anything about programming, but that just seems weird.

Last edited:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Now who could have possibly figured that out?

It's not just one or even a few individuals, but the game breaking discoveries of thousands, maybe millions of gamers around the world. Most games, especially old games, can be glitched as much as Ocarina of Time, but because OoT is so popular there are more people playing it and actively trying to find glitches. That's how.

Yea I heard about this a few days ago. I was on /r/zelda and a post came up that said something like "first time ever beating OoT as a child!" I read it, didn't believe it at first, and then went and watched the video. So crazy. Didn't think it was ever gonna get sub 40 min. But now its close to 20:00... So crazy. Gotta love glitching.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Eh, I don't care for speedruns. I like to enjoy playing the game and do everything I can possibly do. Even if you get bored, I just don't understand the point of speed runs. What do you get out of it, other than people saying cool, and then move on. I'm sorry, but I can find other ways to waste time than to try and get the fastest time possilbe on a game where you have to cheat/use glitches to have fun.

What's grey?
Wow, that's a neat little trick. Ocarina of Time speed runs just seem to get shorter and shorter, by large amounts. Even after all these years. :D

Even if you get bored, I just don't understand the point of speed runs. What do you get out of it, other than people saying cool, and then move on.

This is my take:
I think it's because it's challenging. And people like challenges. And if you go through a game both normally/completely/100% and as a speed run (something I prefer to do), then you can really know it, inside and out. Having to do things faster can also polish skill in the game in general.

I think its interesting but like others I dont think zelda games are really great for speed runs. I perfer platformer speed runs.

MW7

Wow thanks for sharing. I've seen wrong warps done before, but never one of this magnitude in shortening the game. I tend to stick to glitch-free runs just because some glitches can be hard to master; so in other words I'm bad at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom