• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds New Main Villain?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Among the many many screenshots and artwork pieces released today, this is a gem of them. Ladies and gentlemen, our (possible) new main villain:
-Dark-Character.jpg
First off, is it a guy or a girl? I can't tell. HOWEVER, the file name for this picture when I saved it was "Dark Character" which is clearly rather suspicious. Whoever he/she is, he/she looks rather dangerous and important, AND bears the upside down triforce mark. Thoughts?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Looks like a female, is possibly the dark world counterpart to Ganon/Agahnim?

Now that I looked at it, this villain does give off a feminine vibe, So I guess what we are looking at here is a Sorceress with a strong connection with Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wow, didn't even realise this was released.

Well on first sight this villain-like-figure looks female and actually it looks like a female counterpart to Ganondorf himself. However, this isn't just as simple as there being a counterpart to Ganondorf, we need to look a little deeper.

First off, I don't want to get into this whole counterpart thing, for one, we don't know the origins of this "other world" - so I don't want to enter the realm of full speculation. Let's instead start with the time placement; this game takes place many years after A Link to the Past, so it does sort of connect into that mini-legend if you like. So here you have A Link to the Past -> Oracle of Seasons/Ages -> Link's Awakening (And now) -> A Link Between Worlds.

So in the original game of this legend we have Ganon using the Dark World to his advantage and causing trouble in Hyrule once again, eventually he is defeated and the Dark World is restored to its original form (the Sacred Realm). Some time later, the same Link is sent on a mysterious journey by the Triforce--to Holodrum and Labrynna--where he undergoes two seperate quests to save the lands. Eventually, Twinrova's plan comes into fruition and they resurrect Ganon (an unintelligent one however). Link eventually defeats Ganon, while previously, Twinrova scarified themselves. Link then heads on his next journey (Link's Awakening). Some time later, we have a new Link, enter this new instalment.

---

I'm slightly baffled right now, but I see a few similarities. I want to start with Twinrova, these two sorceress are Ganondorf's surrogate mothers, so no directly related. However, I'm starting to see some correlation between them and Ganondorf with this villain right here, here's a concept art of Twinrova as one:

150px-OoT_Twinrova.png

Now one can probably pick out non similarities than similarities, but they seem to have somewhat similar clothing around the leg area and they both carry magical staffs - possible for sorcery. Now I'm not basing this just off of visual similarities, but instead the whole connection between the two. Twinrova play a pretty big part near the end of the Oracles, but they seemingly died. However, could this be some sort of missing link between both Twinrova and Ganondorf? Who knows...

Secondly we have Agahnim, a powerful wizard, but also Ganondorf's alter ego. Now this is starting the make sense to me as I'm thinking mora about it. I originally thought of Agahnim as a simple disguise for Ganondorf, a lifeless, almost meaningless figure in which Ganondorf used to manipulate the King of Hyrule, now though I think differently. This "other world" seems to be the later ego to Hyrule itself, so far we know it has its own Kingdom, possibly it's own Triforce (which has been stated), so could this figure simply be the alter ego of evil?

Before I jump in I want to talk visual similarities between the pair - keep in mind, the two won't look like carbon copies, concept art does change over years. Anyway here's the concept art for Agahnim:

260px-Agahnim.png

A somewhat similar robe of sorts, the theme seems to be purple and red; both have this in common, although it isn't entirely the same. Visually, Agahnim is quite covered up in the facial area, so it's hard to tell if they are the same being or not - although it is a possibility. However, notice the hands, the skin colour is quite pale and the hands and claws alike look very alike. Maybe one can also make a brief connection to choice of footwear; the point I'm trying to get across though is that both are actually similar, visually.

They look quite alike, this figure seems to be wielder of magic, which Agahnim coincidently was, so is this figure Agahnim? Well who knows... There are many theories surrounding the connection between Agahnim and Ganon - is this simply a wizard who Ganon took control of? Some have even said that Ganon split himself in two; the other half being Agahnim. Now we know that there is this other world, which could play a pivotal role in determining the link here. Agahnim is stated to be an alter ego, well this figure here looks somewhat to be an alter ego of Ganon himself, but didn't Agahnim die? Well not exactly, he is stated to be defeated, but Agahnim's body simply falls while Ganon faintly appears. Truth be told, we don't know if Agahnim did die, which means it's perfectly possible that he could exist in this new instalment.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Erm...while concept art may be similar, I think we should immediately come to conclusions. I have seen a lot of FemGhirahim and FemGanon on ZeldaUniverse, but keep in mind that we haven't seen the ingame model yet so things are still up in the air. ;)

The earrings and eye make-up do indeed match Ghirahim, but the skin tone, hair, and staff-ish weapon matches Ganondorf.

I think it's safe to say that he/she is most definitely evil though considering the inverted Triforce symbol.

When I first saw it I thought it was a male but I can really see the female in it now. I'm pretty sure its the main baddy of the game.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
With Hilda in the as Dark Zelda, I don't think this new guy is the only villain who will appear in this game. Also, I think this unnamed villain is most likely male just with that feminine look much like Ghirahim had going in SS. I this guy could somehow be related to Ghirahim even though Ghirahim was a sword entity. Maybe this is somehow a newly born incarnation of him.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Many people thought Ghirahim might be a woman when we first saw glimpses of him as well. I'm not buying the whole "Female Ganondorf" idea. Make up and long hair do not make a woman. They share the same earrings with Ghirahim. I'd say this person shares qualities with both Ghirahim and Ganondorf, almost as if this is what you would get if you combined them. Not saying that's what they are, but there could be some possible connection to Demise and his Demons. It is possible considering Demise's sword bears an upsidedown, black Triforce, which is the symbol of this strange, parallel realm.

Salem

SICK
I hope this villain is his(her?) own character, not being an "alter ego" or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom