• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Locations for New Games?

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Technically, the abandoned/destroyed city thing has been done several times already, including Castle Town in OoT, Old Karkariko Village in Zelda II, and sorta in Winder Waker with Greatfish Island. Although, it's one I'd like to see fully played out in the future.

I'd also like to see a city-under-siege type of dungeon. It could have the layout of a regular-old town, but you'd have go around defeating the enemies inside town, save the villagers (sort of like the Gorons in the Fire Temple), collect small keys to get into different houses, jump from rooftop to rooftop, etc. Sounds like a fun, thinking outside the box dungeon design.

I guess space is called the final frontier for a reason... haha but I just can't see it happening in a Zelda game, especially after Super Mario Galaxy.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Space, the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of...... ok, Maybe not.

We haven't had an alternate dimension in a while, We could do that again.
Nintendo has a way of reusing old themes and making new dungeons with the theme.

The only way I could think of adding anything completely new would be a space themed game.
If they did it similar to Stargate, and used hi-tech ancient civilizations, It would help keep a fantasy/medieval setting while allowing freedom for off world travel. If executed properly, I think space could easily become a theme while still being a zelda game.

Tictalk

Anouki
I know it sounds cheesy, but I think that it would be an interesting gameplay aspect if link, with the help of his partner, could travel in to peoples dreams. I think that would be a step n the right direction for creativity. :)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I like the whole underground idea.
Or maybe they could make a dungeon out of a series of small islands where there are underwater passageways connecting them all.
Also, they should make a jungle area that is different from the forest area. Plus i wouldnt mind a snow area. Less ice, more snow, kind of like Snowpeak mountain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom