• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Locations for New Games?

What new locations would you like Nintendo to add into a future Zelda game? I've been trying to think of some myself, but they've covered a lot.

One of the things that would be nice is to make all-ready established locations more fleshed out and detailed. Such as a more dense and forest-y forest, a nice swamp, etc.

As for new locations. What about a civilized cave area? Perhaps for some reason a city needed to be abandoned and they flee to the nearby cave systems and have been living there for a while so it has a true city feel to it.

It's been done slighty before, but a underwater city. I think that would be interesting. Of course link would have some breathing apparatus to breath in it, but it would be interesting to see it. Or maybe even a under-water dome city.

Anyone else have any other thought-out ideas of new or improved locations/settings that could be added to future games?

how about underground? a sort of ant-like civilization and then link goes up onto the surface as just an adventure, not spicifacally to save anything, but just to adventure

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I think there should be a dungeon that is an abandoned mine. It should be right next to Kakariko VIllage but not in Death Mountain like in TP. First of all, that would give an actual reason for the residents of Kakariko Village not to simply move to Hyrule Castle Town. Kakariko Village is a mining town. It also makes an earth-based but not sand, plant, or lava and fire-based dungeon which there haven't been any of before that I can think of. Any earth-based dungeons that I can think of were also either sand-based, plant-based, or lava and fire-based. And also, to be able to make a profit from mining, you need a lot of workers so this would make an opportunity to make Kakariko Village bigger.

I like both of them. Espically the underworld sort of thing. It makes me think of the Subrosians from Oracle of Seasons, and I think it would be a terrific thing to bring back!

Also I do like the idea of having a mine near Kakariko Village. It would need to be careful, so it doesn't mimic the Goron Mine Dungeon from Twilight Princess.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
How about a city ontop of a giant flying Moblin? The citizens would be like lice and would make their city in his hair.

Creative factor: 3000
Logical sense factor: 0

In all seriousness, Nintendo has covered almost everything that I can think of. Really, there isn't any geographical area that they have not done. Maybe a place inside Link's head? Idk, I had not realized how much nintendo had already done!

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I have a vague idea that came to mind. An ancient oasis pyramid temple thing, where the whole thing is a parched dry sand ruin, but as the dungeon progresses, you release the water, bringing life to the temple.

Or maybe a vacant island that is completely isolated from the rest of the world, with a dungeon like atmosphere, enemies, puzzles, bosses, and items.

Or how about a dungeon in the sacred realm?

Mushroom kingdom O_O, but i dont really know, hes been just about everywhere lol maybe a haunted carnival type level? no idea how they would fit that into zelda though

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Maybe a place that's modeled after an abandoned city type thing. Like Castle Town but when it's empty and quite a bit different. Sorta like OoT after Link grows up.

Not completely sure really.

Roy

I always liked the do or die moment in TP when you jumped off the bridge when it was on fire. so I am going to say add more bridges with moments like that.

What about a city in the trees. With rope bridges and ladders connecting everything

Or a city inside a tree

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Maybe there should be a dungeon that is the boss and in the final room of the dungeon, you find the thing that's controlling the boss and you have to shut it off to defeat the boss.

Something kinda like this:
View attachment 25453
(except for the minotaurs in the front)

I've also think that they should make the front side of Death Mountain the place where the Gorons live because the back side constantly has lava flowing all over it but at some point in the game, Link has to go around to the other side and finds ruins of ancient civilization and there's some type of dungeon.

So this is what I think the back side of Death Mountain should look like:
View attachment 25454
(sorry both pictures aren't very good quality but they didn't have to be there at all so I guess it's fine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom