• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds New Items + Character Revealed

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
At today's Nintendo Direct they revealed brand new footage from ALBW which contained a few new (or shall I say old) items and one new character. Plus Link's method of traversing between the Light and Dark world has been shown.
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 10.46.53 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-07 at 10.47.22 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-07 at 10.47.25 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-07 at 10.47.32 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-07 at 10.47.39 AM.jpg

The new character is a descendent of Sahasrahla many generations away from him.

These are screenshots of 3 returning items: Boomerang, Pegasus Boots, and Fire Lantern
And Link moving between the two worlds via a crack in the ridge.

What do you guys think? Do you think there will be any new items at all? Do you enjoy the new method of world traveling?

Big Octo

=^)
I do find the means be which the player travels to the Dark World interesting. Unless the Magic Mirror is brought back, it may be a situational thing only. Ether way, it's a neat concept.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think we all new that these items would feature, I mean it will be similar in many aspects to A Link to the Past.

However, the most interesting thing would be the transition from Hyrule to the Dark World. It's much more unique in my opinion, I wonder what the reasoning behind this was though? Is it just for effect or for a greater reason? Something tells me it plays a big part in the story itself, I mean we enter using the drawing mechanic, so we know that plays a part in the plot itself.

It's just got me thinking more about the Dark World and such, these changes make me think it's entirely different from the one we saw in A Link to the Past. Never before has one been able to enter the Sacred Realm through cracks in the world.

Salem

SICK
What's with the Zelda series and having descendants that look exactly like their ancestors?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
They shouldn't use it, it's confusing.:)

Aww, come on dude, its not that confusing, how long have we all been playing zelda. all the characters look the same, normally keep the same name even if that are descendents or reincarnations!

the items from ALttP being in the game was to be expected. I also expected a lot of characters to return, and if you ask me, i think there will be a lot of reference to older characters, claiming these new character will be descendants of characters from ALttP!

as far as the new items mentioned on the main page, Items that came from some of the newer games, i dont know what to think about that but considering you dont have to restock ammo and what not, its nice that you can buy actual new items in shops instead of only finding items in the dungeons

Salem

SICK
Aww, come on dude, its not that confusing, how long have we all been playing zelda. all the characters look the same, normally keep the same name even if that are descendents or reincarnations!

the items from ALttP being in the game was to be expected. I also expected a lot of characters to return, and if you ask me, i think there will be a lot of reference to older characters, claiming these new character will be descendants of characters from ALttP!
If we start talking about these game sin the future it will be like "remember when Sahasrahla talked from a telepathic tile?" and then it'll be like "derp, which one?" lol.

Also, the fact that we don't need to restock means chest are more likely to be better rewards than more ammo.:)

Welcome back snake.:)

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think Sahas' descendent looking exactly like him is ridiculous. Just return him in super old age, like they did with Niko in Spirit Tracks (mm qimme dat).

I have mixed feelings on the method of entering the Dark World...something tells me they should've (re)used the Magic Mirror instead.

Salem

SICK
I think Sahas' descendent looking exactly like him is ridiculous. Just return him in super old age, like they did with Niko in Spirit Tracks (mm qimme dat).
Well, they DID say they will bring back OLD characters.
I have mixed feelings on the method of entering the Dark World...something tells me they should've (re)used the Magic Mirror instead.
As long as it's not tedious.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Just return him in super old age, like they did with Niko in Spirit Tracks (mm qimme dat).

except niko is a young kid in wind waker,and spirit tracks is just a century afterwards,its reasonable that he'd make it...kinda
the dude was already old in past,b/w worlds is centuries after so he'd look like that old lady's mom from the spongebob chocolate episode

Salem

SICK
However, the most interesting thing would be the transition from Hyrule to the Dark World. It's much more unique in my opinion, I wonder what the reasoning behind this was though? Is it just for effect or for a greater reason? Something tells me it plays a big part in the story itself, I mean we enter using the drawing mechanic, so we know that plays a part in the plot itself.
Knowing nintendo, it's probably for gameplay reason first, they'll think later if it has plot-related reason or not, they could choose to justify it or not considering it's a slightly different method from alttp's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom