• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing New Horizons Activity Logs

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.
This happened today. Took 23 resets (approx 2 hours solid) to get the right villager chosen. I'm very very happy about this. It means I have one villager of each personality now.

96812106_10157634448924580_3421962004213006336_o.jpg

Some fun stuff happened to me today.

First off, a villager came to my campsite; Kyle the Wolf. Very first chance at a card game I got it right, and the neighbor he's going to replace just so happened to be one of three I wanted to kick out. That was good luck.

Redd came by today and had a legit Informative Statue that I bought from him. Coincidentally the art piece is based on the Rosetta Stone and I just so happened to be wearing Egyptian clothes when I bought it. I admit I kinda wanna get the forgery version too as it looks like a block of chiseled ice.

Congrats on getting Ankha, the8thark

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
First off, a villager came to my campsite; Kyle the Wolf. Very first chance at a card game I got it right, and the neighbor he's going to replace just so happened to be one of three I wanted to kick out. That was good luck.
Dang, can you pass some of that luck on to me? Three times now I've had a smug villager come to my campsite and even after several resets, they still never chose the villager I want to kick out. ;A;

I've been doing a lot of work these past few days, mostly on the area around my shop and museum. It's been dissatisfying me lately, and I finally figured out why. One reason was because the bridge wasn't aligned with the museum door. So I got rid of it and rebuilt it, only I realized that the museum door is 3 spaces and bridges are 2 spaces so they CANT be aligned perfectly down the middle. Very frustrating. The other reason was because my fountain was squished in between the museum road and the river and it didnt look very good.

So, I revamped all of that. I moved the bridge to the side so it's not even on a direct path to the museum's door, which helped a lot. It opened up more space for me to decorate the museum's plaza, and it allowed me to move the fountain to the other side of the path, where I could actually build a space around it instead of squishing it into an existing space. That whole area looks a lot better now. And while I was at it, I also made clear boundaries between the town proper and the orchards next to it, and made a more dedicated path to my beach nightclub. In doing so, I used landscaping as a decoration for the first time and made little cliffs just for the sake of defining the path and displaying flowers. It's gonna look really good when the flowers and bushes on top grow in. I'm really happy with all the stuff I've done.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting Ankha, the8thark
Thank you. I just wanted any snooty as that was the one personality I didn't have. Also getting Dom out was a bonus. The snooty that happened to show up was Ankha. The first cat I've seen anywhere. Just good luck I guess.
I was quite happy to spend the 2 hours to get Ankha to choose Dom.

Congrats. Well now you have two left to kick out. Good luck with that.

I'm down to one I need gone . . . well maybe not need. I don't hate this villager. But if a better option came along I'd certainly take it.

Last edited:
Well biggest thing for me today was a new villager came to the campsite (I know, that was quick, huh?).

He's a wooly mammoh named Tucker and he's great.

Took a lot of tries, but I got him to kick out Pompom since I already have a peppy neighbor (Victoria) and a duck (Gloria).

Pompom's been a bit of a jerk lately anyway, giving away movie spoilers to Lilly and according to Tucker she's been alarmed by 'night clowns', I don't know what she has against my bro Pietro but she's out of here.

I also got a recipe from Victoria for a shell bed which I want to display on the beach to represent the goddess Venus, and I'm just waiting to find one more giant clam to make it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yesterday I took a few hours to wipe my beaches clean and redesign them from scratch. They were very undeveloped compared to the rest of the town. I'd been neglecting them pretty hard, and I finally decided to do something about it.

I used the NSO app to scan in an old pattern from my New Leaf days to make paths on the beach. Thanks to @~Kilza~ I was able to get a bunch of hyacinth seeds, the only flower I didn't have anywhere else on my island, and used both them and the paths and a few hibiscus shrubs to decorate the yards around Spike and Marina's houses, which are on the beach. Then I filled in the other spots, rearranged the palm trees, and built proper areas around the beach items I had out before. It all came together really well.

I hit a snag this morning when I discovered flowers and shrubs can't grow in sand (I really should've seen that coming) and had to move them to the grass. Sadly a day of their growth has been wasted, so now it'll be an extra day before these areas are completely decorated.

I finally have 10 villagers I like. Tough ask because I really don't like all that many of them. I was lucky to start with 7 I liked. So I only had to get three out. A starter sheep, and then another sheep. Both had to go. Dom and Stella for those interested. Stella asked to leave and it took 4 nook islands to get someone I liked. Dom was kicked out via a campsite visitor. Took me almost 3 hours of resets to get the visitor to choose Dom to go.

Then later on, randomly Hornsby or what i like to call him Horns-BYE asked to leave. I didn't have him like those two hideous sheep. But I didn't really like Horny either. So I accepted his offer and sent him packing. Took me 26 Nook islands to get someone I liked. I didn't have anyone specirfically I wanted. I just didn't want someone I hated. Since the pool of who I might like is so small I took that villager and I think I'll really warm up to her.

"Hey hey, you haven't told us who you do have now"
I know, I'm about to do this now. I took the image from the Nintendo iPhone app in two parts and cropped/stitched them together. The good part is they are in the orderthey arrived on your island. Top left being the oldest and bottom right being the newest. My top left is not the first fillager I never had though. That was Dom who is now gone.

Anyway look in the little spoilery tag to see who I have now.

My Animal Crossing Villagers.jpg

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I haven't even gotten my
I finally have 10 villagers I like.

That's a big milestone! I don't even have my island filled yet (just did the campsite and moved my house to it's final destination, I'm playing it low and slow) but I already have two I'm not a fan of - Tank the Workout Rhino, and "Norma", aka "literally the most boring cow of all time", aka "she's literally just a normal cow". Villagers I have that I like are Reneigh the Horse (horse pun name!!!) and Cranston the... phoenix pheasant chicken? Not even sure what he is but his catchphrase is sweatband and he talks about snacking all the time just like me :crylaugh:

I also just got my first black crossbreed flower, so that's exciting!!

@Storm_Echo

Good luck with all of that. Also congrats on the black flower.

Just remember when using the campsite to know exactly who you want to leave so you can force quit and restart the game as soon as the visitor says the wrong person. Don't want for the conversation to end. As soon as you see the wrong name, hit the home button and kill the app and restart it. If you let the convo end, it fixes in stone who gets to leave. This way you can have another roll of the RNG dice to see who the visitor asks to leave so you can keeptrying for who you want to go.

Good luck with the rest of the game.

So interesting night tonight, Deidre moved out, so I decided to invest my 150k miles into tickets to go villager hunting. My man goal was getting a female villager with a different enough personality from the others to balance out the town.

Interestingly I met a few old friends from previous games like Samson from Wild World. By bizarre coincidence I ran into Merry and Roald back-to-back, as they were my two starting neighbors in New Leaf. I also met Octavian three times, dude really gets around.

During that time I happened upon scorpion island so I went ahead and caught my fill. I ended up using the 'dirt hole fort' strategy cause those suckers are quick.

Speaking of suckers though, just now I encountered an adorable pink octopus named Marina and invited her to my town. I think she'll fit in nicely!

I also took my time in villager hunting to picks up valuable stuff like shells and fish, even caught a great white shark! I got a ton of recipes as well.

Overall, it was a great night.

Attachments

• mari.png
    mari.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
There's two main things I managed to accomplish today:
  • I completed my reorderable furniture catalog
  • I completed my art collection for the museum
Feeling really good right now. I've been trading a bunch these past couple of months, first completing my fossil collection, then my non-seasonal/Celeste Zodiac DIY collection, then my furniture catalog and art collection. I'm finally able to just relax and take a break from it, since the main things left for me to accomplish (all fish/bugs/clothing/DIYs/Nook Mile achievements) can be done over time.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Haven't done one in a while but today was a very good day, I got 2 paintings thanks to Shiro and 2 new recipes at AZ's.

All of the Alola gang's houses are coming together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom