• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing New Horizons Activity Logs

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Today at long last I unlocked terraforming in all its glory. I am super happy about this. I've been going ham all day long. So far I have:
  • set down tons of paths. I have used almost every kind available at least once somewhere. I made roads throughout my town proper, plazas for the park areas, dirt paths that wind through the woods, a dirt plot for a flower garden, and so on.
  • have used cliff construction to extend a large chunk of cliff to the edge of a river. This gave me lots of space on top for a new spot for my house with a large front yard in a forest clearing.
  • have dug out a small path to my secret beach. I still don't really know what to do with it yet, but it will be ready for whenever I figure that out.
  • have cut into cliffs a bit, or drawn them out a bit, to set up for inclines over the next few days. I have one set up for tomorrow now, which leaves four to go.
  • have used waterscaping to make little streams next to all my villager houses in town and next to some of the roads there, too. I think it turned out lovely.
This has probably taken a total of six hours or more out of my day. There's still some more I intend to do eventually, but it'll have to wait until after more structures and houses go up. I'm off to a great start, though. I've been waiting for this for two weeks and it was well worth the wait. :)

Today I crafted all the Bunny items I could and even built a neat little hot spring resort in the hills.

My new neighbor Sly moved in. Not quite sure why an alligator is named Sly, but okay.

A duck wanted to move in but I already have Phoebe, Pompom and Apollo so I think I have enough birbs on my island.

Deidre had me go get her a horse mackerel but it took me hours because I kept getting the exotic deep-sea egg.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Friday:
  • After KK Slider's concert, I got the Island Designer app and immediately bought all the upgrades I could for it.
  • I moved the Abel Sister shop and put it right beside Nook's Cranny
  • I was able to terraform the location I wanted to put my 3rd bridge, and set that up
  • I set up most of the paths for my island, in addition to moving some trees around to better accommodate the new pathing and doing some terraforming as well
  • I finally got onto the actual tarantula island and got 33 tarantulas out of it. Since bells and storage space aren't a huge concern right now, I'm holding onto them and any other high selling bugs/fish until Flick/CJ come around.

Saturday:
  • I did more work on the island, finishing up some more paths, moving some more trees, and also just moving a pond from one spot to another
  • I moved Biff's house over to a spot I picked out the other day, which allows me to complete my main set of paths, since his house (and the Abel Sister's shop yesterday) were in my way
  • I wanted to build a 4th bridge, but I couldn't set up a bridge in that location due to the cliff positioning and didn't want to terraform it too much, so I demolished one of my log bridges instead, which wasn't working with my pathing anyways and needed to be replaced
  • Went through and caught the last remaining fish/bugs I needed for this month, minus an ant and a fly

Sunday:
  • Using just over 1 million bells, I ended up buying 10.81k turnips at 93/turnip. The extra 10 was just for ant bait, lol. Now I just have to wait for a good turnip price somewhere and sell them all.
  • I moved Rocket's house over to the spot I set up for them, now I just need to move Freckles over to their new spot tomorrow
  • I set up a new bridge where I had demolished the old bridge yesterday
  • I caught a fly, so all I need is to get an ant and I'll have all the bugs/fish possible through 2 months
  • I got the golden slingshot DIY recipe. 2 golden tools down, 4 to go

I'm gonna start slowing down and limiting my playing time as I try and get through my backlog again, but that's alright since my island is now in a good spot. It still needs some work, since it's still at 3 stars and I want to get it up to 5 so I can get the golden watering can recipe, but otherwise I'm content with how things are.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Started my third file finally, so now I have the whole Escandor-Soleil family of my ocs on my island. Third file, Korra, has a house now and its being upgraded tomorrow. Another incline will be up tomorrow, which leaves two left before I start working on Azure and Silvia's houses again. Also, Claudia is moving in tomorrow, and Pietro is moving out. Finally. I need to find a new smug villager to replace him. I really want Marshall...

Escandor-Soleil family portrait! (low quality because I don't have an SD card reader yet. rip)
image0.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've finally finished setting up all of my bridges, inclines, paths, and waterways. I don't think my town's layout could get any better than this if I tried. Now I need to pay off my home loans and acquire furniture to fill the rooms and a few more spots outside.

Comparison of the start of the game right before Blathers' tent went up vs today:
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
So additionally on Sunday, I ended up also having some friends over to my island, and went over to my friend's island soon thereafter. Unplanned, but that's the way it goes sometimes, lol

Monday:
  • I moved Zucker's house (why did I write Freckles, she was perfectly fine where she was), so finally, I've got the building layout the way I want it now, lol
  • I set up my 5th (!) incline, which is the last one I really needed. I just need to set up a bridge near it and my infrastructure should be good.
  • I had a 3rd bullet point here, but kinda forgot what I wanted to write before getting back to this. I think it had something to do with visiting friends islands or something, idk

Tuesday:
  • I ended up selling all my turnips thanks to the fantastic Azure Sage, making just over 6 million bells in the process (so 5 million profit).
  • I finally paid off my remaining basement loan payment of 2 million bells, so now Tom Nook has no control over me.
  • ...and then I bought a crown on a friend's island, burning off another 1 million bells. oops, half my turnip money was gone just like that. I guess that's one way to spend it.
  • I set up a 4th (and final) bridge, close to the incline I set up yesterday. At this point I'm probably done with the infrastructure changes (minus one bridge replacement), though I'm kinda tempted to put up 2 more inclines to complete a loop on the right side of my island.
  • I finally got all cherry blossom DIY recipes as well, so that's nice

Wednesday:
  • I demolished my remaining log bridge, with the plan to replace it with a stone bridge tomorrow
  • I ended up wandering into the realm of New Horizons trading, since I decided I do want to try and complete my fossil collection ASAP. I made two trades, picking up 8 fossils and only having to give up 45 stones and 3 different items, which isn't bad!

Thursday:
  • I got my stone bridge setup and paid off, so now all my bridges are good to go
  • I did some more trading. I traded 10 stacks of hardwood, 10 stacks of softwood and 5 stacks of stones for 1 million bells. I also traded off 4 stacks of wood for 600k bells. I never realized how valuable the materials are for some people, considering I'm kinda drowning in them, especially all kinds of wood, lol. I also traded off one of my extra fossils for a Nook Miles Ticket.
  • I also did a couple of 2-for-2 fossil swaps and 2 fossil purchases for 10k bells each, and with that, I've managed to get all the fossils for my museum. Not bad.

- So as of yesterday my house is completely paid off, and Nook is offering me free unlimited exterior changes as my reward, pretty nice incentive.

- I replaced the first log bridge the tutorial had me set up with a brick one.

- My friend got me some oranges so I'm getting rid the hardwood trees on my island with them. Hopefully I can find someone with apples and grapes to get a full fruit harvest.

- I'm now setting up a little theme park area in my town with the spinning cup ride, the sandbox and the monkey bars you can get with Nook Miles.

- We got a visiter at the campsite named Victoria, a racing horse, and I convinced her to move in!

Congrats to everyone with what you've all achieved so far.

Here is what I have acheived so far.

93798776_10157530272744580_2062632634877476864_o.jpg
My plan for this is:
The centre area is a market place and residential sector. But sure what to put in the middle of it yet. Need a long think to work this out.
The green under each house is a row of flowers
The south west area is the commercial area with a tree lined brick path connecting it all.
The north west area is the fruit tree orchard.
The south east area is my hardwood tree forest and flower
The north cliffs are the wild area full of pine trees. I just left this natural and only shake the trees and pluck weeds

93839083_10157534487719580_802331922758893568_o.jpg
I really wanted a cafe in my house and realised I needed a larger room to do it. I don't have exactly what I need for it. But it's mostly complete. The wallpaper and floor make give it the 1950's vibe. Maybe a better table and chairs will come when if and when I get them but what I could craft work alright. The kitchen area work tables were literally the only table that I had so I used that. If something better comes along, they get replaced. Finally the brick oven is there becasue my original design could do no cooking. Cooking as we know is defined by the adding of heat to food. That's the only cooking appliance I have . . . apart from the microwave but we need a real way to cook! The record player music does overtake the oven noise thankfully and gives it a real cafe vibe.

93819550_10157535009989580_8529558776431247360_o.jpg
For the longest time I didn't know what to do with this room. It was just littered with like 25 duplicate recipes. That was no good. Running out of ideas, Iliterally had none. So I looked in my stash. What do I have a lot of to make something out of. The answer ended up being indoor plants. That was the basis fo this room. I crafted the stone pieces to compliment it. The room is on purpose minimalistic.
I know the walls are slightly off. The one I really need for it is the same as the floor but that's also a Saharah wall and very RNG to get. So till that shows up, the walls you see here work alright.
The tiki torch was a "why the hell not" addition. It doesn't detract from the room and it fits the theme so why not.

93674930_10157535010014580_5928297767590952960_o.jpg
Nothing fancy here. This is literally just mixing and matching the limited stuff I do have to make something at least semi workable. I don't know what theme I want this room to be. When I get more stuff I'll think what I want to do with this room. However so far what I have is functional and that's fine by me.

93042809_10157535009999580_5211864731190558720_o.jpg
I always wanted a room to show off tech gadgets. But not in a super modern way. More like someone who has a few older pieces and is really interested in electronics and building their own kits and other things. That's why they who soldering stations are there.
The two switches will probably go when I find something better and more appropriate.
I am undecided about the typewriter. It fits aesthetically, but I'm sure if a stand out item comes along it'll replace it but for now the typewriter stays.
Also as an aside, the reel to reel recorder is the music player.

94303667_10157537800724580_8792050130837569536_o.jpg
From day 1, I always wanted a room to display the KK singles, cover art. I also knew only a large room would suffice so I chose the basement. The walls and floor are the best look out of what i have. Until somethnig better comes along, it works.
The music player, I originally had a vinyl player but when the store had this hi-fi I bought it. Sure it changes the feel of the singles from vinyl to CD but that's ok.
The sopacing of the displayed music has to be like this. If you bunch them up anymore then you can't see them all fully. This means you can get approx 50 displayed if you use 2 rows on the back wall. You can add 10 to this if you use the side walls. Sure you won't be able to fully see the ones displayed there without moving the camera, but it's good for the music you really don't like the covers of. Eventually you'll just have to stop displaying some as you can't fit all 95 in the game in one room.
Every day I just buy the ATM song 2x, one for registering and one to diaplay.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Finally paid off my last ramp today now I can put the ladder away except for Nook Mile trips. Once I upgrade my house a little more I am going to add a few more bridges.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've been doing a lot of work today now that nature day has arrived. I planted enough shrubs to max out the nook miles goal immediately, I made some hedge fencing, and I'll be going on a tour to get more weeds to make more. Also, because I read that vegetable seeds are coming in a future update, I set up a vegetable garden space for them, only until they arrive it's going to be a flower breeding garden. I intend to make black and gold roses with it. I also made a fairy circle, but with rare flowers instead of mushrooms for obvious reasons. I am going to use the gold roses in it when I have them.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I haven't been keeping track of my activity too heavily since my last post, lol, but I have set up my final 2 inclines. Now I have my 4 bridges and 6 inclines and don't really intend to move/replace any of them, and my island's pretty well set up and doesn't need any real terraforming at this point, so now I'm just slowly working on my island with trees/flowers/shrubs/fencing/furniture. I'm actually up to 4 stars now, although I need to deal with my overabundance of trees and also place more furniture. I've also managed to build up my savings fairly well. I'm up to 24 million bells, 136k Nook Miles and 61 NMT, with a whole bunch of materials in storage as well (my 2nd floor/basement/left room of my house is basically just for storage as well right now, lol).

At this point, my daily AC:NH routine is this:
  • Hit all 6 rocks for materials/money
  • Find the glowing spot and plant 10k (slow money growth, yes, but over time it does amount to an extra 7.3 million bells in a year if you do it each day)
  • "Pick" all fruit (which for me is using my stone axe to get the fruit + wood, lol) and store the peaches, sell off the other fruit
  • Farm my handful of bamboo trees for bamboo
  • Buy anything from Nook's Cranny that I don't have cataloged
  • Buy anything from the Able Sister's that I don't have cataloged (and most of the time sell it right away, lol)
  • Water any flowers that I need to
  • Run around, talk to all my villagers at least once
  • Run into the special character that shows up and do what I need to with them
  • Complete all 5 Nook Miles+ activities that have bonuses if possible
That seems like a lot, but really, outside of the Able Sister's cataloging (dear god there's a lot of clothing cataloging I still need to do) it only takes an hour or so at most. Outside of that I'm just doing trades, island hopping for DIY recipes/Celeste visits/turnip selling, and hanging out with friends whenever the opportunity comes up.

I'm kinda amazed I'm still playing this daily, a month after it came out, but it's managed to capture me way more than the previous entries, which I think is in large part due to me actually playing it online this time and thus being able to interact with people through the game, which has managed to completely change my playing experience from the previous entries. It also helps knowing that Nintendo will do continuous updates for it, so more things will keep being added to the game and thus there's more reason to keep playing it.

Today it was raining, so I didn't really get much bugs to cash in. The patch that nerfed the high-value bugs didn't help in that regard either.

Museum is closed for the day to set up the art gallery, so I got about six fossils ready to be evaluated when I wake up tomorrow.

I cleaned up my trees so I have just the 17 cedar ones that I can get daily furniture, bells and wasps from. The rest are all fruit trees.

We had a guest at the campsite, Leonardo, but I already have Lyman and Sly who always talk about fitness and I didn't need a third one.

I did visit a mystery island that gave me three gold nuggets which was nice I suppose.

And I absolutely love Victoria as my newest resident.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I decided I want to make two more files because I'm ****ing insane. Imagine juggling 5 files. What is wrong with me? I'm going to do it anyway, though.

Right now, my files are all based on OCs. Azure, Silvia, their daughter Korra, and next will be Aoife and Ainne. I've already plotted space for their homes. I've got outfits ready for them, and I got some wallpaper and flooring ready, too. Now I just need to get them cash to upgrade their homes right away, and furniture to put in their homes. Still trying to figure out what I wanna do for that.

Having multiple files is nice and all because it lets me buy multiple stuff from Redd a day whenever he shows up and it also means more recipes available to pick up each day. It also means more resource and wealth sharing potential. The drawback is switching between all of them each day in order to get all the recipe bottles and stuff that wash up each day. That's a real time sink. Ain't no way I'd be able to do this if I were still working. But that's fine, I guess. Azure's file is the only one I care to get everything in. The rest are just for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom