• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Game Plus

What is new game plus?
It is the ability to replay a game, usually on the same save file with additional content not accessible in the first play through.

Does new game plus interest you?
Who’s here game had your favourite new game plus?
Or do you not care about this at all and just play a new game instead?

I don't often care about new game plus.

It really does depend on if I liked the game, what it offers, what the genre was and even if I want to go back through it.

I'm not there yet but I imagine NGP in Fire Emblem Three Houses is going to be wonderful with the amount of stats you take into the other campaigns.

NG+ that forces me to overwrite my first playthrough makes me sad. My first playthroughs have a heavy amount of sentimental value and losing them makes me sad. I always put the game clear data on a separate file, if it lets me.

I have no opinion on NG+ modes in games, either way. I do question the replayability of a game if they have to add extra stuff to encourage you to do another run of it, though.

NG+ that forces me to overwrite my first playthrough makes me sad. My first playthroughs have a heavy amount of sentimental value and losing them make me sad. I always put the game clear data on a separate file, if it lets me.

I have no opinion on NG+ modes in games, either way. I do question the replayability of a game if they have to add extra stuff to encourage you to do another run of it, though.

Skyward Sword did that for Hero Mode. Another reason why it ****ing sucks.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
so far I still have never played through a new game+ file on a game, so all I really know about the changes is just what I hear

I don't know if you'd call something like wind waker's second quest a new game+, b/c that's what my friend called it once, but if it is...then scratch that, guess I have

Quin

Disaster Master
It heavily depends on the game, and how its done. A lot of games don't really need it, like Zelda.
Being able to rush the begin game with end game gear is cool for a few minutes, and then gets boring fast.
The only games I've played that actually did them well are the fromsoftware games, With it being harder, and some games even having new enemy placements and new items.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Although not required, I definitely don't mind NG+ being in a game. For example, in RPGs with NG+, it's nice to be able to replay the game and just breeze through all the battles because of your stats carrying over. I also enjoyed having all the augs and being able to mess around at the beginning of Deus Ex: Human Revolution due to them carrying over in NG+.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The only game I've ever really utilized this in was Ratchet and Clank 3 when I was much younger. I remember playing through it so many times with my brother and our friends as it became harder and we all enjoyed the mechanic. These days I don't have the time to play most games more than once so it doesn't particularly interest me anymore.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
new game plus is a blessing and every game should have it

I didn't realize how important they were until I had two games of the same franchise

I think I was over New Game Plus 100 in Megaman Battle Network 4 (69 in Blue Moon, 34 in Red Sun iirc) and damn that game never gets old because it's always so refreshing to be able to redo stuff in different ways

Megaman Battle Network 6 on the other hand doesn't have it and a soon as you finish all side quests you're left with a game that has literally nothing else to offer other than an easy final boss battle which is BORING

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
If I am so invested in a game that I want to play it more than once without having to give up every accomplishment I made in my first playthrough, then your darn right it deserves NG+!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom