• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Game Mechanic - Super Training

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys are still enjoying the Zelda Dungeon Marathon! I know I am, especially due to the fact that I've been awake for nearly 60 hours! I just can't get enough of the Marathon!

Since the beginning of Pokémon, there have always been hidden values that really can help boost/increase your Pokémon's stats. Usually these stats can be increased through combat, given through vitamins. Eventually, trainers came across the Join Avenue, but now Pokémon X and Y will be bringing a new method to not only alter the stats of a Pokémon, but to also keep track of them as well.

Introducing Super Training:

Super Training is a collaboration of mini-games within Pokémon versions X and Y. As of now, only 1 mini-game has been confirmed and revealed. In this game, you have a Pokémon in the field and you need to control it, using the touchscreen or the Circle Pad, in order to deflect Balloon Bots balls from going into your goal, while you send various balls into your opponent's goal.

Mini-Game #1:
st4.jpg

Core Training:

After completing certain mini-games in the Super Training, you will receive various Training Bags. You can then take these Training Bags to increase your Pokémon's Effort Values. Typically, a Pokémon can increase their EVs while being in a Core Training session, but you can increase the stats using these Training Bags. This system allows you to see your progress in training your Pokémon's Effort Values.

Core Training:
30.jpg

I for one actually think this will really be beneficial to competitive players like myself and even casual players who just want to beat their friends' team of Pokémon in their local environment. What are your thoughts on Super Training? Will you use it or will you disregard it? Will these make change minds on playing at the competitive level? Please leave your comments and discuss about this cool new gameplay mechanic and as always thanks for reading!

Source: Serebii.net

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm not really a competitive player, but I still believe this concept is pretty interesting. I'd love to test it out whenever I can, or at least to get a feel for it. Who knows, maybe this mechanic will get me into playing competitively.

Super Training reminds me of Pokemon Contests, but with actual benefits for Pokemon beyond a badge and some added pride. I'll definitely use this at least once to see what Super Training is like and maybe motivate myself to return to the competitive arena.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
At least this makes more sense than...Treasure Goggles...or Water Barrel...or Balloon. o_O

I'm all for this and can't wait to see you Pokemon Trainers in action! :D

I'm more of a casual guy when it comes to Pokemon, but I am willing to give this new mechanic a shot...

It's a minigame; this mechanic is likely made for casuals like yoi! :]

A "mini-game" from which one gains something of value (i.e., experience). Also, can you please be so kind as to not lump of all us "casuals" together, please? And thank you...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Seems pretty interesting, can't wait to give it a whirl. :) Has good rewards, at the very least, and I hope it's fun!

Fig

The Altruist
Still excited for Super Training. I would also have a hard time keeping track of my EVs that I was focusing on. Now with Super Training/Core Training, I will finally have a peace of mind. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom